Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs game postponed (CONFIRMED 09/12/2021)

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
From what I've read, there doesn't seem to be a set number in the Premier League. Probably depends on the size of the club asking :wink:

To be serious, in this situation, maybe it's just as well. Conte certainly seemed genuinely concerned at his press conference and, unlikely as it may be, if a footballer or a member of their family ends up seriously ill, it'd look very stupid in hindsight not to have put health first. Surely a sign of the transmissibility of the new variant that it seems to be rampaging through football, which had mostly protected itself very well throughout. Up to 7 at Leicester too now and 3 staff.

See I think that's bulls***. He was scared of a defeat and was playing a card.

The players are either vaxxed and have nothing at all to be worried about or are unvaxxed and clearly don't have any fear of this virus

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
See I think that's bulls***. He was scared of a defeat and was playing a card.

The players are either vaxxed and have nothing at all to be worried about or are unvaxxed and clearly don't have any fear of this virus

We are currently decimated. There couldn't have been a better time for anyone to play us.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Isn’t it strange how all those Spurs players with a positive test were recently seen boarding a private jet en route to Abu Dhabi. It may just be coincidental or to get some warmer weather to aid recovery but the Lewis Hamilton baseball caps make me think otherwise.

Seen by who? Its good you have an in to the club to know who has tested positive though, must be useful for transfer info?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We are currently decimated. There couldn't have been a better time for anyone to play us.

Not just us though is it. He wants a few games gone.

He's thinking, (probably quite rightly), he'll take his chances with a busy run of fixtures in spring than with taking on the winter fixtures with a covid depleted squad

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Quite. And it may be a while till we've restored our squad to a more reassuring level, say 90%. Just imagine how that will feel!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At least we now have a game in hand which means a guaranteed 3 points, FACT.
The same as Bumley.

Whereas Spurs now have a guaranteed 6 points, which is a shame.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I wonder how the EPL powers would have judged the situation if some of the Spurs players with Covid were unlikely to be available due to injury

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Seen by who? Its good you have an in to the club to know who has tested positive though, must be useful for transfer info?

I assume you knew it was just an attempt at a joke, sometimes I forget that not everyone gets an attempt at bit of humour :banana:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I assume you knew it was just an attempt at a joke, sometimes I forget that not everyone gets an attempt at bit of humour :banana:

Your joke was very well disguised. Some might go so far as to accuse such a post as trying to spread fake news (helpful hint - consider using a smiley next time) 😀

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’m disappointed I haven’t seen any photos of your puppy on here yet. :)

Have a tiny cockapoo

ccfc4c15dfb05139ded423082fa5a002.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ticket Sharing scheme stoops to a new low…

“Any supporter who has purchased a ticket is advised that the ticket will be valid for the rescheduled match date.

This includes supporters who received a ticket through the season ticket sharing system or 1901 ticket transfer or purchased hospitality.

Season-ticket holders and 1901 club members who have distributed or sold their seats through these systems are advised that their season tickets have been deactivated for this match and, if you wish to attend the rescheduled fixture, you will be able to purchase match tickets once the new fixture date is confirmed.”

So if the person that the ticket has been shared with can’t go, the Albion get the chance to sell the ticket all over again (regardless of whether the ST holder could make the revised date) [emoji35]

That’s a ****ing disgrace if I’m understanding it correctly……… anyone who paid to share their season ticket to someone who paid to be able to use it, now has to buy their own ticket back (at Cat A prices) if the person they shared it with can’t go to the rearranged game.

NigelL

Feb 23, 2012
That’s a ****ing disgrace if I’m understanding it correctly……… anyone who paid to share their season ticket to someone who paid to be able to use it, now has to buy their own ticket back (at Cat A prices) if the person they shared it with can’t go to the rearranged game.

Yep. That’s about the size of it!

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Your joke was very well disguised. Some might go so far as to accuse such a post as trying to spread fake news (helpful hint - consider using a smiley next time) 😀

Well it just shows that you can get some people to believe absolutely anything, however bizarre and unlikely. There is a lot of good humour on this board, a lot of it very dry and hardly likely to be advertised as ‘joke incoming’!. ???

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well it just shows that you can get some people to believe absolutely anything, however bizarre and unlikely. There is a lot of good humour on this board, a lot of it very dry and hardly likely to be advertised as ‘joke incoming’!. ???

I got it :shrug:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Ticket Sharing scheme stoops to a new low…

“Any supporter who has purchased a ticket is advised that the ticket will be valid for the rescheduled match date.

This includes supporters who received a ticket through the season ticket sharing system or 1901 ticket transfer or purchased hospitality.

Season-ticket holders and 1901 club members who have distributed or sold their seats through these systems are advised that their season tickets have been deactivated for this match and, if you wish to attend the rescheduled fixture, you will be able to purchase match tickets once the new fixture date is confirmed.”

So if the person that the ticket has been shared with can’t go, the Albion get the chance to sell the ticket all over again (regardless of whether the ST holder could make the revised date) [emoji35]

That's not the case at all. The ticket is still valid. Admittedly this won't work if sold on the Exchange but anyone that has transferred their season ticket to a MyAlbion+ member can just use the print at home ticket they were emailed instead of their season ticket. (That's probably a bit naughty and against Mr Barber's rules but the ticket should work.)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here