Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs game postponed (CONFIRMED 09/12/2021)

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
We are currently decimated. There couldn't have been a better time for anyone to play us.

So, this is where I want to be a smart-arse and say that if we were only 2.5 players short out of our 25 we wouldn't have much to worry about.....

Quite. And it may be a while till we've restored our squad to a more reassuring level, say 90%. Just imagine how that will feel!

....but this is where I'm not quite sure or not whether HWT is also saying that for the same reason as I was going to, but a bit more subtly!?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So, this is where I want to be a smart-arse and say that if we were only 2.5 players short out of our 25 we wouldn't have much to worry about.....

....but this is where I'm not quite sure or not whether HWT is also saying that for the same reason as I was going to, but a bit more subtly!?

Yes, yes, you fool. Of course, subtle. I'm the king of subtle, me :lolol: :thumbsup:

(for younger readers, educated after decimalization, to decimate means to reduce by one tenth. Not as big as it sounds. Only slightly more than our team is routinely reduced by for the last part of games, in fact, and we can handle that standing on our 'eads. Apparently. Innit.). :wink:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That's not the case at all. The ticket is still valid. Admittedly this won't work if sold on the Exchange but anyone that has transferred their season ticket to a MyAlbion+ member can just use the print at home ticket they were emailed instead of their season ticket. (That's probably a bit naughty and against Mr Barber's rules but the ticket should work.)

Basically you have to contravene the T&C to use your own season ticket…….and potentially risk a ban ? Even with a dodgy way round it, it’s still wrong IMO. Should be able to cancel the sharing and revert to the STH (on the basis it would have likely been shared due to the STH not being able to attend on the original date).

NigelL

Feb 23, 2012
That's not the case at all. The ticket is still valid. Admittedly this won't work if sold on the Exchange but anyone that has transferred their season ticket to a MyAlbion+ member can just use the print at home ticket they were emailed instead of their season ticket. (That's probably a bit naughty and against Mr Barber's rules but the ticket should work.)

The ticket has the name of the ‘new’ owner printed on it. If they really do enforce the ID/Covid Passport check then you’d be snookered.

Given it’s an electronic ticketing system, it should be relatively easy to return a ‘shared’ ticket for the rescheduled date to the original owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The ticket has the name of the ‘new’ owner printed on it. If they really do enforce the ID/Covid Passport check then you’d be snookered.

Given it’s an electronic ticketing system, it should be relatively easy to return a ‘shared’ ticket for the rescheduled date to the original owner.

I totally agree it's a ridiculous situation but just pointing out it would be possible to get to the match still.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Basically you have to contravene the T&C to use your own season ticket…….and potentially risk a ban ? Even with a dodgy way round it, it’s still wrong IMO. Should be able to cancel the sharing and revert to the STH (on the basis it would have likely been shared due to the STH not being able to attend on the original date).

Couldn't agree more. Just pointing out there was a way round it. :thumbsup:

Iford Albion

Jul 30, 2017
Yes, yes, you fool. Of course, subtle. I'm the king of subtle, me :lolol: :thumbsup:

(for younger readers, educated after decimalization, to decimate means to reduce by one tenth. Not as big as it sounds. Only slightly more than our team is routinely reduced by for the last part of games, in fact, and we can handle that standing on our 'eads. Apparently. Innit.). :wink:

I think the Romans viewed it as a big deal. Losing 10% of a legion against a bunch of dress wearing jocks or sheep shagging druids.

Apologies for the lazy stereotypes and bestiality reference.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I think the Romans viewed it as a big deal. Losing 10% of a legion against a bunch of dress wearing jocks or sheep shagging druids.

Apologies for the lazy stereotypes and bestiality reference.

Either definition is worrying if applied to Albion:

kill, destroy, or remove a large proportion of.
"the inhabitants of the country had been decimated"
HISTORICAL
kill one in every ten of (a group of people, originally a mutinous Roman legion) as a punishment for the whole group.
"the man who is to determine whether it be necessary to decimate a large body of mutineers"

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

The Covid and (potential) ID check is seperate to entry (ticket check).

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Not just us though is it. He wants a few games gone.

He's thinking, (probably quite rightly), he'll take his chances with a busy run of fixtures in spring than with taking on the winter fixtures with a covid depleted squad

This. Why close the training ground? Hundreds of offices in the city deep clean every night, why can’t a multi-million revenue generating football club? It’s because they WANT these next few matches called off. They had injuries too, I think all their senior full backs are injured. The EPL have set a precedent now.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
This. Why close the training ground? Hundreds of offices in the city deep clean every night, why can’t a multi-million revenue generating football club? It’s because they WANT these next few matches called off. They had injuries too, I think all their senior full backs are injured. The EPL have set a precedent now.

No, they set it last season.

Which fall backs are injured? Davies, Sess, Tang, Doherty fit- Reguilon was likely to be back?

Royal missed last weeks game due to illness (seems like Covid) so 1 full back injured with decent cover.

Out of the PL 11 - Reg/Royal maybe out and Romero is out - not really taken apart with injuries.

So why do Spurs want this game cancelled and now having to fit 3 more games in (maybe 4 with next Thursdays game in doubt) what is the plus from this situation?

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
This is a blatant case of big team bias.

Leicester travel to Italy having had 7 players test positive for Covid or in close contact/showing symptoms. They get on with it as rules are rules. They get knocked out of the Europa League.

Spurs have 8 players test positive. They have a bigger squad than Leicester, but moan like f*** and not only get tonight’s game called off, but Sunday’s game too.

Hey, it’s not like Spurs were allowed to break the rules two seasons ago when they were allowed to change their home ground 2/3rds of the way through the season too. Oh, that was allowed to happen as well.

It’s corrupt.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Indeed, but it’s the principle……..yet another attempt to extract cash out of season ticket holders.

I'm with you on this Dazzer , i cannot believe that it is beyond the wit of man to reverse a transaction made on the ticket sharing scheme if both parties are in agreement .Especially as no actual money would be changing hands .If you follow the letter of the law with what they are saying you have 2 choices :- 1 if the person who received your ticket can still go they use that ticket and you have to buy another different seat at full price , or 2 if they cannot go they seek a refund from the club who will then relist your usual seat which you may then buy back at full price if someone else hasn't already bought it !
Even worse if you listed it on the exchange and it sold as even if the person who bought it cannot go you will have no idea if that is the case and having received the pro-rata refund would have to pay full price for another ticket if you can go to the rearranged match .
At least this is now highlighting another huge flaw ( in our opinion ) of the sharing scheme !

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
This is a blatant case of big team bias.

Leicester travel to Italy having had 7 players test positive for Covid or in close contact/showing symptoms. They get on with it as rules are rules. They get knocked out of the Europa League.

Spurs have 8 players test positive. They have a bigger squad than Leicester, but moan like f*** and not only get tonight’s game called off, but Sunday’s game too.

Hey, it’s not like Spurs were allowed to break the rules two seasons ago when they were allowed to change their home ground 2/3rds of the way through the season too. Oh, that was allowed to happen as well.

It’s corrupt.

*20 people have tested positive.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
*20 people have tested positive.

Players or coaches? People covers both.

Nonetheless you would have been facing us with a likely change to a back 4 that featured Roberts and Burn as the CBs with no cover and no Lallana, no Welbeck, probably no Trossard and lots of other players being nursed back.

Had the CV19 outbreak not happened and we tried to postpone because we effectively had no defence I can't see that going down well at WHL or with the Premier League.

So all you have to do now is have a few cases and get everyone else to isolate and you can dictate the fixture list. We could see the PL season finish in June and the next one start in July at this rate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here