Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs game postponed (CONFIRMED 09/12/2021)

D

Deleted member 2719

Why is their medical information any more important than mine or yours? IF only vaccinated people could go to games, I would agree, but as even fans can get in with a lateral flow (and no vaccine) then no different to players

Perhaps those un-vaccinated fans that come through the turnstiles should cough up and tell us why they deserve to sit/stand next to those that are vaccinated too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Youvre got nothing to apologise for at all.

I'd rather not put someone in an invidious position even if it is founded on folly but, OK, fair enough. It seems there's a first time for everything.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And his poor performance at my stag do in Amsterdam. But I'll let him talk about that if he wants to.

The calzone incident where, as an elder statesman and self-appointed fellow of the world, I forgot I'd been on the beer since 7.30 in the morning at the airport, and went from the one who inagined he had been in Baghdad when others were (etc.) to being the one face down in his dinner, filling the inside of his spectacles with sweat as he enjoyed a dose of 'the ghost', re-enacting an episide from 20 years previously, at a John Martyn gig at the LSE that ended equally undignified-ly. My how we all laughed. :facepalm:

Edit: but my sorry tale is a better reflection dignity than others that could be recounted from that weekend :eek: Loose lips, however, sink ships.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This is so unfair. You're paraphrasing me inaccurately, but I'll have to let it go. I'll end this discussion with a closing comment that we both agree with, to counter your paraphrasing of my views, which hopefully you find acceptable.

There is absolutely still a need for people to be vaccinated, and there always will be.

No I'm not, and many NSCers agreed.

You were repeatedly posting based on made-up nonsense that people didn't need the vaccine. These are direct quotes, linkable back to your posts:

Getting vaccinated ... certainly isn't required in healthy people anymore.

The only people that need the vaccine now are the old and vulnerable.

There were many more similar posts. They all go against current medical and scientific guidance for anyone who can receive a vaccine.

I'm not doing this again. You have been posting in what I consider to be in a dangerous way that could be taken by others and used as part of decision-making processes about whether to be vaccinated or not. That's not happening any more.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don’t agree with this view, but it’s up to you.

However given some of the data coming out at the moment is showing the best protection is 2 jabs and infection (you were correct about infection levels helping) whilst infection alone offers little or no protection against Omicron, does that not change your mind at all?

Better still, three jabs including the booster, looks like THE game-changer against Omicron.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Better still, three jabs including the booster, looks like THE game-changer against Omicron.

Just seen this

The UK will have more than one million Omicron cases by the end of this month if current trends continue unchanged - but booster jabs provide 70-75% protection against symptomatic infection, says the Health Security Agency.

The UKHSA said in a statement: "It is projected that if current trends continue unchanged, the UK will exceed one million infections by the end of this month."

It said that the AstraZeneca and Pfizer/BioNtech jabs provided "much lower levels of protection against symptomatic infection compared to the protection that they provide against Delta".

Live COVID updates from the UK and around the world

But it added: "The preliminary data showed effectiveness against the new variant appears to increase considerably in the early period after a booster dose, providing around 70-75% protection against symptomatic infection.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The greeks are introducing monthly fines from January of €100 to those who refuse to be vaccinated (over 60s I believe).

Imagine that policy being cut loose over here. It might train a few minds, although it would need to be a fair bit more than €100 to bother your average footballer I suppose.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
This is a blatant case of big team bias.

Leicester travel to Italy having had 7 players test positive for Covid or in close contact/showing symptoms. They get on with it as rules are rules. They get knocked out of the Europa League.

Spurs have 8 players test positive. They have a bigger squad than Leicester, but moan like f*** and not only get tonight’s game called off, but Sunday’s game too.

Hey, it’s not like Spurs were allowed to break the rules two seasons ago when they were allowed to change their home ground 2/3rds of the way through the season too. Oh, that was allowed to happen as well.

It’s corrupt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not all the Leicester cases were COVID.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
We have 8 injuries, shall we call the Wolves game off ?
Irrelevant that Spurs have a bigger squad, thought every club submitted twenty something players ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Fair enough. I appreciate you finding the time to quote my quotes (although not fairly representative of my views), rather than paraphrasing me in a way that made me appear like an anti-vaxxer.

I obviously don't fully agree with your stance, although I concede you could have a point. I wouldn't want to inadvertently dissuade anyone from being vaccinated. That has never been my intention.

And that's the end of the matter.

Apologies for playing the man, but that'll be like the time you slagged off Brighton fans for criticising the squad strength when you'd blamed the players for our defeats in numerous posts (and got upset when they were reposted).

Or the time you criticised the atmosphere when you're not going.

You have form.

But that's football, We've all got that right and wrong from time to time. But your belief that you are immune, and its translation into your habits around other people who very much are not, is dangerous.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As a mod, you should be doing better than provoking me into defending my views on a topic that [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has forbidden me from doing. And as much as I'd like to, I won't, out of respect to Bozza and this site.

However i can defend your made up narrative about any comments I have made about the football club I have supported my entire life and attended countless games over the years.

Yes the atmosphere is poor these days, and given the time, money and devotion I have spent supporting this club over my lifetime I have every right to comment on the fact that our home atmosphere is shite these days and contributes to our poor home form and has done for years now. If and when I attend it will still be shite despite any contribution that I make. Not sure what the solution is but it requires some inspiration from somewhere.

In regards to criticising the team/players your accusation totally lacks any context. I am one of the most positive fans on here... Iirc I criticised the strength of the team during our poor run last season when people were calling for Potter out, which was a totally fair comment considering we had one of the weakest squads in the division and our fans were expecting miracles. Not sure what you're referring to when you say I criticised the fans, but it was certainly an unrelated discussion which you're using out of context to accuse me of hypocrisy.

And in regards to my views about vaccination. I disagree with you. I've been over it numerous times and I'm no longer allowed to comment, so it's out of order you trying to provoke me as Bozza will ban me.

I suspect [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and I are fairly much aligned on your disingenuous approach to pretty much everything.

I'm just giving a living example to people bored shitless of Covid debates that you're the guy who seeks to improve the atmosphere by screaming at your telly. And thinks you're immune to the 'rona. People can make their own minds up about that, no?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just seen this

The UK will have more than one million Omicron cases by the end of this month if current trends continue unchanged - but booster jabs provide 70-75% protection against symptomatic infection, says the Health Security Agency.

The UKHSA said in a statement: "It is projected that if current trends continue unchanged, the UK will exceed one million infections by the end of this month."

It said that the AstraZeneca and Pfizer/BioNtech jabs provided "much lower levels of protection against symptomatic infection compared to the protection that they provide against Delta".

Live COVID updates from the UK and around the world

But it added: "The preliminary data showed effectiveness against the new variant appears to increase considerably in the early period after a booster dose, providing around 70-75% protection against symptomatic infection.

More ‘worst case scenario’ headlines from probably suspect modelling (as has proven to be the case time and again)……the ‘but it added’ is key, but lost after the doomsday headline.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Again, I'm now allowed to comment about my understanding of immunity, so it's bang out of order you provoking me to do so.

In regards to my contribution to the atmosphere, I barely missed a game at withdean or the first few years at the Amex. But to be fair the atmosphere was considerably better back then and contributed to our success. Not taking credit for that obviously.

I don't go much these days for numerous reasons, but still go occasionally as a treat. I wish the atmosphere was better as we'd certainly get better results... And it would be a better match day experience when I do go. Either way I have absolutely every right to comment about the atmosphere and I'm not sure who you think you are to say otherwise.

To be fair to the mod crew, you have, over many months, persistently said you ‘don’t need to be vaccinated’ without (as far as I can recall) coming up with a single, solitary link/independent source or piece of evidence to back up your ‘I’m bulletproof’ mantra, despite all manner of links, facts and reports posted by multiple users that vaccinations are the best way of avoiding serious illness. It’s bang out of order that you kept pushing this line without any supporting facts.

As for the atmosphere - fair enough. The Amex has been shite this season……..but won’t improve significantly until we win a game or two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here