Special striker?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Who will be the special striker who joins us then? Now the winger is apperently in the bag i fully expect another announcement of a 30 goal a season marksman before the week is out.

Any ideas.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Eidur Gudjohnsen............fed up with lack of first team action at Stoke......did he play in the same side as Poyet or was that someone else?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I'm convinced the special striker is Michael Owen, supposedly financed by a supporter on a loan deal.

But that wont happen, so I think we'll end up with a solid signing to partner Glenn upfront. Someone like Danny Haynes, Nathan Tyson, Leon Best.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Fat lot of good he'll be on the treatment table

Thats the name numerous people have branded about, and fits the bill of someone who would almost guarantee promotion, and have to be financed by a supporter to aid wages. As i said, it would'nt happen, hence why I named 3 other players which are the sort of player i'm guessing we're looking at if it doesnt come off.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
So are you convinced it will or won't happen?!

I'm convinced the special striker we are after is Michael Owen, but it will not happen, numerous premiership and championship sides interested. I thought i made it clear i didnt think it would happen, hence why i named a few more realistic targets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports