Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Special striker?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...I said my guess was Michael Owen.

and thereby spreading the rumour. maybe i missed something about the targeted player being from the premiership, i thought this was just the NSC wet dream rather than a stated fact.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Nowhere did i spread a rumour, the thread asked who we think the special striker is, and putting all we've heard (that he'd guarantee promotion, Is well known, and so on) I said my guess was Michael Owen. I thought we knew they were currently plying their trade at a Premiership side?
But you said you were 'convinced'. What convinced you that we were, at any stage, going to sign Michael Owen?

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
and thereby spreading the rumour. maybe i missed something about the targeted player being from the premiership, i thought this was just the NSC wet dream rather than a stated fact.

Yeah, there was a pretty lengthy interview with Owen in the Guardian recently. He was saying how he wouldn't entertain playing for a team in the bottom half of the Premiership and would never drop down to the leagues etc. Can't be arsed to find the link but come on, he would never sign for us. Nice to dream though..

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Michael Owen coming to the Albion is the most ridiculous thing I have read since it was claimed Robert Pires was joining Crawley!!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
But you said you were 'convinced'. What convinced you that we were, at any stage, going to sign Michael Owen?

Ok, maybe convinced was the wrong word. I didnt say I was at any point convinced he was going to sign, simply that if i had to guess at who this "special player" was, then that would be my guess, then went on to say that i didnt think it would ever happen.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

Not at all. Re-read the thread, asking who we think the "special striker" was. My guess putting all thats been posted on here, heard in the pub and at games and so on, was that the target was Michael Owen. Not in any way spreading a rumour, just my guess at who the player was.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ok, maybe convinced was the wrong word. I didnt say I was at any point convinced he was going to sign, simply that if i had to guess at who this "special player" was, then that would be my guess, then went on to say that i didnt think it would ever happen.
Fair do's, I thought for one moment you'd read something on here and thought it was true! :)

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
All we have been told on the countless other threads is that the special one is very special and so will not actually come. Pointless to go further until we think there is a person who may actually be coming here.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

SE4 GULL

Oct 8, 2010
Brockley LONDON SE4
I'm going to put a name into the hat! Freddie Kanoute. Played with Gus at Spurs, 33 years old now and not playing much for Sevilla this season.

What a signing that would be!

SE4 GULL

Oct 8, 2010
Brockley LONDON SE4
Has played 10 games for Sevilla this season and has scored five goals (two of those in Europe). No chance.

Don't be so boring with your realism. It's silly season! Anyway, my mates uncle's pet goat's vet has a mate who's got a cab firm, and apparently one of their rival firms got the call to collect him from Gatwick airport this afternoon.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Who will be the special striker who joins us then? Now the winger is apperently in the bag i fully expect another announcement of a 30 goal a season marksman before the week is out.

Any ideas.

When was it mentioned about a special striker signing for us I must have missed it? The only thing I recall seeing was an Argus report with Gus saying he was after a left winger and a striker and if he gets his targets he should have enough money left to sign a special player who can open up defences. I took that to mean an extended loan for LuaLua?!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here