Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Special striker?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Gudjohnsen has scored just 6 goals in his last 60 or so games which isn't great record, however at this level you'd like to think that his goals to games ratio would seriously improve. He's 32 and not playing regularly at Stoke, played in the same Chelsea team as Gus in 2000-01 and might like to finish his career banging in the goals lower down the leagues perhaps? A realistic target im my opinion.

Rodneythomas11

Dec 30, 2010
Chichester
Tyson would just be another Leon Knight. Good for a season then think he is bigger and better then anything and eveything!

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Gudjohnsen has scored just 6 goals in his last 60 or so games which isn't great record, however at this level you'd like to think that his goals to games ratio would seriously improve. He's 32 and not playing regularly at Stoke, played in the same Chelsea team as Gus in 2000-01 and might like to finish his career banging in the goals lower down the leagues perhaps? A realistic target im my opinion.

think hes on 40k a week

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm convinced the special striker we are after is Michael Owen, but it will not happen, numerous premiership and championship sides interested. I thought i made it clear i didnt think it would happen, hence why i named a few more realistic targets.

unusual to see someone perpetuate a ridiculous rumour at the same time as saying they dont beleive it. who keeps "branding" the name around, a couple of people read a rumour on NSC then regurgitate it down the pub?

i dont believe we'd get hold of any current premeirship player, if for no other reason than wages. players dont go down two leagues and 1/10th their wages and i dont see us paying premiership wages and upsetting the wage structure/dressing room harmoney for anyone. i'd love to proved wrong though. Gudjohnsen, with a personal link to Gus, has a sliver of sence, maybe as a loan with Stoke still paying the wages. but no, not going to happen either, sadly.

Sep 1, 2010
I would love it if he signed, anyone with hair as ridiculous as that and prepared to wear it in Russia deserves a better country to play in

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
When can you actualy sign players from?..Is it Tuesday 4th as this is first offical working day of the new year.

if Norwich's deal for Wilbraham from MKDons is a guide you can sign on loan on Saturday morning and play on the same day before signing permanently later in the day to be available for games on 3rd. This assumes the FL offices are open on Saturday but as their deal is widely reported I'm guessing it is doable.

If you sign permanently on Saturday morning you can't play until 3rd (again assuming the offices open Saturday to register the deal).

After Saturday I think the next opportunity to register players is Tuesday 4th

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
unusual to see someone perpetuate a ridiculous rumour at the same time as saying they dont beleive it. who keeps "branding" the name around, a couple of people read a rumour on NSC then regurgitate it down the pub?

i dont believe we'd get hold of any current premeirship player, if for no other reason than wages. players dont go down two leagues and 1/10th their wages and i dont see us paying premiership wages and upsetting the wage structure/dressing room harmoney for anyone. i'd love to proved wrong though. Gudjohnsen, with a personal link to Gus, has a sliver of sence, maybe as a loan with Stoke still paying the wages. but no, not going to happen either, sadly.

Nowhere did i spread a rumour, the thread asked who we think the special striker is, and putting all we've heard (that he'd guarantee promotion, Is well known, and so on) I said my guess was Michael Owen. I thought we knew they were currently plying their trade at a Premiership side?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here