Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton fans arrested for 'homophobic' chanting.....

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Personally the chants don't bother me in the slightest and let's face it we return the abuse. Having said that it was well documented the police were not going to tolerate it. Only an idiot would push their luck.

Jan 30, 2008
to be fair it was me... and i said f...ing c...s, got arrested carted off and charged, totally unbelievable, i thought i would get a caution at worst but charged with section 5. now im also looking at a banning order which is total bollox. no violence or anything just words and now someone said i could be looking at a 3 year banning order, home and away
going to football has now become the new off to school adventure, seriously, one hours detention, 300 lines or a smack across the arse with a cane , which one would you prefer ???

cocklebreath

Nov 12, 2011
Hampshire police treat Saints fans like rapists, every chance they get they will come down on us. After the cup game against the skates they let all fans out at the same time, unfookingbelievable, pretty obvious the head of hants police is looking to get as many fans banned as possible to keep his little department nicely funded. Being arrested for saying the c word at football is shocking, we live in such a sanatised country.
For the game at fratton in 4 weeks the police have decided to make it a bubble game meaning saints fans can only travel to the game on double decker buses and will only recieve tickets on boarding the buses, what a crock of sh*t.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
going to football has now become the new off to school adventure, seriously, one hours detention, 300 lines or a smack across the arse with a cane , which one would you prefer ???

Smack across the arse with a cane please.

Jan 30, 2008
Hampshire police treat Saints fans like rapists, every chance they get they will come down on us. After the cup game against the skates they let all fans out at the same time, unfookingbelievable, pretty obvious the head of hants police is looking to get as many fans banned as possible to keep his little department nicely funded. Being arrested for saying the c word at football is shocking, we live in such a sanatised country.
For the game at fratton in 4 weeks the police have decided to make it a bubble game meaning saints fans can only travel to the game on double decker buses and will only recieve tickets on boarding the buses, what a crock of sh*t.
absolute bollocks ! what about the scummer fence rattlers and bottle top throwers that got nicked at that game and got sent down , you'll be more than happy to be on those coaches going to Fratton, don't kid yourself .

cocklebreath

Nov 12, 2011
absolute bollocks ! what about the scummer fence rattlers and bottle top throwers that got nicked at that game and got sent down , you'll be more than happy to be on those coaches going to Fratton, don't kid youself .
What about the fence rattlers?? they got sent down for rattling a fence, your point is?? prison for that is slightly ott don't you think?? Yes Portsmouth is the scariest place on earth, I hope the buses are armour plated to keep the nasty skates from murdering the poor little scummers.

Jan 30, 2008
What about the fence rattlers?? they got sent down for rattling a fence, your point is?? prison for that is slightly ott don't you think?? Yes Portsmouth is the scariest place on earth, I hope the buses are armour plated to keep the nasty skates from murdering the poor little scummers.
have you got your ticket ?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
to be fair it was me... and i said f...ing c...s, got arrested carted off and charged, totally unbelievable, i thought i would get a caution at worst but charged with section 5. now im also looking at a banning order which is total bollox. no violence or anything just words and now someone said i could be looking at a 3 year banning order, home and away
Well swearing like that will be deemed to be the next Hate Crime. Then blasphemy. Each time the same insidious but totally specious argument will be used: "I bet the people saying f****** c***** are the same people who used to throw bananas at John Barnes."

Face it, football matches are well on the way to becoming Cliff Richard concerts. Everybody will sit nicely in their seats, cheer the goals, clap the substitutions and then go home. No snarling, no shouting and NO abuse of any kind towards anybody or anything.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
police state....if u cant goto a match and call someone a pikey or a gayer in banter there is something seriously wrong.

gwc

georgeweahscousin
Apr 21, 2011
Overlooking the Solent
No sympathy with them. The police warned us publicly that any Saints fans involved in homophobic abuse would be arrested.

To be honest, they should be charged with being totally unoriginal as well. I swear the intelligence levels of terrace banter died with the invention of the Premier League.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Anybody who thinks there is a fine line between the 'Does your boyfriend know you`re here' stuff and some of the other disgusting talk that you can unfortunetly hear week in week out must be mad. Its not a fine line at all.
Going to the game saturday our group took some filthy abuse and rightly or wrongly I snapped. Certain things were said to my wife that crossed any line or barrier of common decency. If shouldn`t have had to come to that though. I could have been looking at a possible court appearance if the police had not been so good about the incident but why should that be allowed to develop walking along a road to a football match.
I`ll tell you why, because some people think that walking alongside someone and giving them the worst of abuse just because they are wearing a different colour scarf is banter.

gwc

georgeweahscousin
Apr 21, 2011
Overlooking the Solent
Anybody who thinks there is a fine line between the 'Does your boyfriend know you`re here' stuff and some of the other disgusting talk that you can unfortunetly hear week in week out must be mad. Its not a fine line at all.
Going to the game saturday our group took some filthy abuse and rightly or wrongly I snapped. Certain things were said to my wife that crossed any line or barrier of common decency. If shouldn`t have had to come to that though. I could have been looking at a possible court appearance if the police had not been so good about the incident but why should that be allowed to develop walking along a road to a football match.
I`ll tell you why, because some people think that walking alongside someone and giving them the worst of abuse just because they are wearing a different colour scarf is banter.

It has to be said, that little pockets of fans from both clubs acted appallingly on Saturday, and it shames me having read that. I would act exactly the same if someone targeted my wife.

It was laughable that leading up to the game, both sets of fans were claiming not to care about the other, yet the abuse in town and outside the ground after going in both directions was terrible, and resulted in several physical incidents.

I don't have an issue with banter, it makes life fun, but there are still a lot of people attending football matches who confuse banter with being allowed to be truly nasty.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Sorry to hear that fella. Actually charging you with section 5 is absolutely pathetic.

Well swearing like that will be deemed to be the next Hate Crime. Then blasphemy. Each time the same insidious but totally specious argument will be used: "I bet the people saying f****** c***** are the same people who used to throw bananas at John Barnes."

Face it, football matches are well on the way to becoming Cliff Richard concerts. Everybody will sit nicely in their seats, cheer the goals, clap the substitutions and then go home. No snarling, no shouting and NO abuse of any kind towards anybody or anything.

The first bit - :lolol: funny because it's true.

The second bit - :cry: Sad because it's true

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I really do miss the old days. Not the racism, homophobic taunts or fighting, but times were you could have a brilliant day out at football. Saying more or less what you liked. Nowadays it seems you will be charged with a public order offence for saying bollocks when the sausage slips out of your hotdog.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here