Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton fans arrested for 'homophobic' chanting.....

liamsfc

Nov 9, 2011
Love how at least ten people have taken my quotes totally out of context. I didn't say "vile homophobic language aimed at children is absolutely fine". I said, if you take your kids to a game, and they hear some bad language, whether that language is right or wrong, then that's your fault for taking them to the game. I said acting abusive towards kids is wrong. I said nasty chants such as "HIV" are wrong. I said it's unacceptable to act up outside the ground. But if you lot want to ignore all of that in a desperate effort to feel superior and enlightened, feel free. You're only showing yourselves up.

Tooting Gull - I said it's wrong to act up outside the ground, and I said it's wrong to chant genuinely nasty stuff like "HIV". So how in any way am I condoning it as banter? Please read my posts and look at what's actually being said, rather than what you want to see.

mona - I wasn't talking about "graphic comments about anal sex". I was talking about bad language in general. Most people who have a problem with bad language are middle-class.

Questions - Straw man argument (like 99% of these responses).

Blackadder - I understand your curiosity. Basically, when people apply for season tickets, the club carry out checks on your income, favoured supermarket, sense of humour, diet, cars, accent, holidays, choice of alcohol etc., and come to a conclusion on your social class. They then assign you your seat based on this conclusion to ensure nobody has to mix with those lower down the social ladder than themselves. The upper-class are put in the corporate seats, the middle-class are in the Chapel, the lower-middle class make up part of the Itchen and Kingsland, and the rest is generally working class, especially concentrated in the Northam. The away section varies depending on who's visiting. Sometimes it's the scummy underclass (eg Pompey), sometimes it's the boring, quiet, middle-class (eg Brighton). I hope this has cleared things up.

And yes, I behave around women. But I don't make an extra special point of it as we don't live in the 1950s.

Cheers chaps :D

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Blackadder - I understand your curiosity. Basically, when people apply for season tickets, the club carry out checks on your income, favoured supermarket, sense of humour, diet, cars, accent, holidays, choice of alcohol etc., and come to a conclusion on your social class. They then assign you your seat based on this conclusion to ensure nobody has to mix with those lower down the social ladder than themselves. The upper-class are put in the corporate seats, the middle-class are in the Chapel, the lower-middle class make up part of the Itchen and Kingsland, and the rest is generally working class, especially concentrated in the Northam. The away section varies depending on who's visiting. Sometimes it's the scummy underclass (eg Pompey), sometimes it's the boring, quiet, middle-class (eg Brighton). I hope this has cleared things up.

And yes, I behave around women. But I don't make an extra special point of it as we don't live in the 1950s.

Cheers chaps :D

Good Comeback.

Now that is banter. :thumbsup:

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
Eh? It's illegal you twat. It's a hate crime. The police made it clear that they would have zero tolerance on it and a few bigots still weren't smart enough to figure it out.

Re-wind 20 odd years ago when people were starting to get arrested for racial hate and there were fuckwits like you moaning about it all just being banter then. Would you chant racially motivated chants at Bradford? If not, why not? If the police carry on arresting people for bigotry then even neanderthals like you might just be dragged kicking and screaming in to the 21st Century.
Totally agree:thumbsup:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Well done hope you lot are happy.
You'll start to get a reputation if people get arrested at every away game you go to now for banter.

Thanks for the input...now f*** OFF

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Homophobic and racist chants are outlawed by ground regulations.

It says it quite clearly. Your fans are clearly f***ing retarded if all this shit has been going on and they still do it, whoever pressed for it. Essentially, they have been arrested for being thick.

Absolutely bang on with this.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Personally the chants don't bother me in the slightest and let's face it we return the abuse. Having said that it was well documented the police were not going to tolerate it. Only an idiot would push their luck.

This. You're right, yes we do give some good banter back, Millwall being a prime example, i have a couple of 'Wall' mates, they were in stitches when the 'one nil to the nancy boys' chant came back at them. The exact words were 'fair enough, not a lot we could say back to that!' But at the end of the day, Southampton fans were warned of zero tolerance to homophobic chants...and they were'nt clever enough to take heed of it!

They have no one else to blame except themselves.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You'd think that Rikesh should have known better than to pick on a minority.

LOL EXACTLY my thoughts. I don't want to judge but you'd assume he's of an Asian ethnicity. What a twat.

GOOD that the ban has happened - let's hope news travels and more happen to make a point.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I bet he's gutted now :lolol:

& before any whiney Saints moan about how unfair it all was: he pleaded guilty. So he knew.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here