Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton fans arrested for 'homophobic' chanting.....

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
i know our fan got arrested for saying the c word.... total joke, there should have been about 50 others arrested cos they all said it too

Can't arrest everyone. Besides some of our players deserved it ;)

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Eh? It's illegal you twat. It's a hate crime. The police made it clear that they would have zero tolerance on it and a few bigots still weren't smart enough to figure it out.

Re-wind 20 odd years ago when people were starting to get arrested for racial hate and there were fuckwits like you moaning about it all just being banter then. Would you chant racially motivated chants at Bradford? If not, why not? If the police carry on arresting people for bigotry then even neanderthals like you might just be dragged kicking and screaming in to the 21st Century.

Exactly! Nail on head. :thumbsup::smile:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
i know our fan got arrested for saying the c word.... total joke, there should have been about 50 others arrested cos they all said it too

Not sure he did. Papers reckon he was cautioned for chucking a bottle.

BBC News - Southampton fans on homophobic chant charges

If it was the bloke who lobbed the bottle after the 2nd or 3rd goal then he did it right in front of me and my mates who, funnily enough, were shouting c*nt at the lino after that crap corner decision in the left hand corner and then the ref for the rest of the game. Seriously, that bloke was well out of order. All he was ever likely to hit was a steward or one of our fans.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Homophobic and racist chants are outlawed by ground regulations.

It says it quite clearly. Your fans are clearly f***ing retarded if all this shit has been going on and they still do it, whoever pressed for it. Essentially, they have been arrested for being thick.

Very much this. The morons were singing about Gus being a racist while in the same song being totally homophobic.

I even had a few Saints fans 'friends' of mine on Facebook writing the lyrics on their status's. They really are imbeciles and should be locked up for their own sake.

Jan 30, 2008
small pockets of fighting in Northam road ........................ what ever next , maybe the same fence rattlers that gave Pompey a hard time in the FA cup ???

daveyboy1973

Feb 5, 2010
bexleyheath
na it was definately the c word after the first penalty,,,,,,,,, been done for abusive behaviour......... i know him,
Not sure he did. Papers reckon he was cautioned for chucking a bottle.

BBC News - Southampton fans on homophobic chant charges

If it was the bloke who lobbed the bottle after the 2nd or 3rd goal then he did it right in front of me and my mates who, funnily enough, were shouting c*nt at the lino after that crap corner decision in the left hand corner and then the ref for the rest of the game. Seriously, that bloke was well out of order. All he was ever likely to hit was a steward or one of our fans.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I think people on this board need to grow a thicker skin.

Gus had the right phrase, cry babies :cry:

Not our fault mate. The police said they'd nick people and people got nicked. Not being funny (actually, I lie - it would have been f***ing hilarious) but after that 2nd Mickey Mouse penalty a bit of schadenfreude of watching one of their lot getting nicked for a few nancy boy chants then that would have been just what the doctor ordered.

Seriously, they were warned and it was obvious Hampshire police were up for making an example or two. As Nibble said. They were nicked for being thick as shit.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
na it was definately the c word after the first penalty,,,,,,,,, been done for abusive behaviour......... i know him,

Really? Then I think our Saints troll can right royally f*** off because your mate was stitched up. That's not even banter, there were 3,000 of us calling everyone c*nts all game. Sorry to hear that about your mate. I really am.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Eh? It's illegal you twat. It's a hate crime. The police made it clear that they would have zero tolerance on it and a few bigots still weren't smart enough to figure it out.

Re-wind 20 odd years ago when people were starting to get arrested for racial hate and there were fuckwits like you moaning about it all just being banter then. Would you chant racially motivated chants at Bradford? If not, why not? If the police carry on arresting people for bigotry then even neanderthals like you might just be dragged kicking and screaming in to the 21st Century.

spot on :thumbsup:

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham

I have never heard of John Hewitt and he doesn't speak for me or the vast majority of Albion fans. Most of us, as stated prev. just think the chants are dull and unimaginative. However, your own fans were reminded before the game that homophobic chanting is illegal and that the Police and stewards would take action. But it's still all our fault eh?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It may turn out the homophobic chanting was also in conjunction with obscene gestures which got the two fans nicked.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
they could of nicked loads of them for these offences to be fair it was blatantly going on all day. where we were the old bill and stewards were just not intrested. them two guys must be pretty pissed off.

daveyboy1973

Feb 5, 2010
bexleyheath
to be fair it was me... and i said f...ing c...s, got arrested carted off and charged, totally unbelievable, i thought i would get a caution at worst but charged with section 5. now im also looking at a banning order which is total bollox. no violence or anything just words and now someone said i could be looking at a 3 year banning order, home and away

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here