Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slovakia v England - World Cup Qualifier - 5pm KO

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I have watched England for over 50 years and this is as ordinary as I have ever seen and that is putting it mildly. There is no class anywhere in the squad. No one that you could point a finger at and say he is a high class player. No real skill, no real creativity and no real hope for the future.

I feel sorry for the word Ordinary,seems year after year it get's a little worse for the poor fella.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Not sure on Sam's thinking- Picked largely the same team, same formation, same tactics and Rooney in the middle slowly pinging overhit passes into the stands. What did he get? The same performance and an inability to break teams down saved by a 95th minute get out of jail goal. Surely he realises that playing the same team and tactics that failed in the Euros would garner the same performance?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Not sure on Sam's thinking- Picked largely the same team, same formation, same tactics and Rooney in the middle slowly pinging overhit passes into the stands. What did he get? The same performance and an inability to break teams down saved by a 95th minute get out of jail goal. Surely he realises that playing the same team and tactics that failed in the Euros would garner the same performance?

Obviously not but hopefully now he will do

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hoddle Wright and Dixon suggested that they may have to look at players from The Championship to make up the England team soon with only 33% of those playing in the Premier teams being eligible.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
A lot of whingeing on here....You have to admit we were better than ten Slovaks:clap::clap::clap: ..................just

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He's got to start somewhere. It's where he goes from here, that counts.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have watched England for over 50 years and this is as ordinary as I have ever seen and that is putting it mildly. There is no class anywhere in the squad. No one that you could point a finger at and say he is a high class player. No real skill, no real creativity and no real hope for the future.
I concur, also time to take that one World Cup star off the shirts...it's sad, forlorn and lonely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here