Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slovakia v England - World Cup Qualifier - 5pm KO

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
maybe they should be trained to enjoy the game?
they all round round like nutters anyway, as did i

You're assuming that good equipment correlates to boring restrictive training, shoudn't really, good coaches should deliver training sessions appropriate to their age group and ultimately the academy's are well versed on whats necessary to develop young talent.

For me foreign owners, employ foreign coaches and managers who recruit foreign players, non have many thoughts for our national team, just not enough English players getting an opportunity to play top level football.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
You're assuming that good equipment correlates to boring restrictive training, shoudn't really, good coaches should deliver training sessions appropriate to their age group and ultimately the academy's are well versed on whats necessary to develop young talent.

For me foreign owners, employ foreign coaches and managers who recruit foreign players, non have many thoughts for our national team, just not enough English players getting an opportunity to play top level football.

yeah, you're right. i just think that kids today have fitness pushed down their throats and SHAPE, SHAPE, SHAPE, screamed at them, from the age of six,
and they feel that the game is not fun and give up? i wanted to be kempes :blush: and i was happy, (FAIL). maybe ze germans, french, and spanish allow their kids to have fun,
and be comfortable on the ball, rather than just winning pointless kiddies games? i don't know :shrug:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
If I could understand that post I would give it a :thumbsup:
I'm in the New Forest in a luxury chalet (caravan missing the wheels)

:lolol:

the proper old fellah has properly lost the plot; has he not?
no point correcting 'im, cos 'e knows fuggin everything :facepalm:
y' get me bro? :thumbsup: an ting :thumbsup:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
But we do have the players to do much better than we have been doing. The Euro 2004 team could (and arguably should) have won that tournament. The midfield was Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham and Scholes. The defence behind it was just as good if not better. Fast forward to 2016 and the Semi final involved Hal Robson Kanu with Simon fecking Church on the bench - Players that would be light years away from the England team. All of the semi finalists were teams that England have beaten in the past year and in the case of Portugal and Wales would have been favourites to beat again.

Whilst there have been some bad teams in the intervening period (Gareth Barry, Scott Parker and Matt Upson to name but a few bang average players who were 1st choices), we could and should have done more on the World and European Stage. The big question is why have they consistently performed such utter dogshite in tournaments since 2006? We haven't managed to beat Algeria, USA, Iceland, Slovakia and Costa Rica in that time. These teams, certainly in the case of Iceland, have players in the team who were knocking about in League 1. I don't by any stretch imagine England should have multiple World Cups and Euro medals but they've had the players to reach the occasion Semi final or with luck a final. For whatever reason, England players don't play well at International tournaments - not for the last 10 years in any case.

Posted before. France 98.We are going backwards.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Because the likes off Best,Bowles,Cooke,Hudson,Marsh,Worthington played Ruff and Tumble football thats where you have it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here