Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Sports reporting that 2 championship clubs have bid for Jordan Rhodes....

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
He has scored just 4 goals this season in a team that is full of goals. I have no idea how good he is but I know the only goal he has scored since August was against us. I'd be pretty underwhelmed if he joined us tbh.

They are not really full of goals though are they? Middlesbrough have 37 goals this season, six teams have scored more than them. Their top scorer in the league is Stuani, with 6, same as Hemed. So maybe you do not actually need a 20 goal a season striker to get promoted from this division.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
So who are the two clubs then (if indeed there are two clubs) Middlebrough and ? possibly Derby ? Burnley ? Hull ? or even QPR now Austin has moved on.

Could just be his agent trying to flush out interest from the likes of Swansea by releasing a statement saying two Championship clubs have bid, then Swansea think they better get a move on if they are going to sign him.
Or
If Boro's bid for McCormac is true, maybe they made a similar bid for Rhodes.

Tbh I can't see any Championship clubs being able to afford his wages, signing on fee AND give Blackburn what they are asking, even QPR are trying to get the high wage earners off their books at the moment.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I dont believe he will go anywhere other than Boro in the Championship.

Flushing out Prem interest before he signs in my opinion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They are not really full of goals though are they? Middlesbrough have 37 goals this season, six teams have scored more than them. Their top scorer in the league is Stuani, with 6, same as Hemed. So maybe you do not actually need a 20 goal a season striker to get promoted from this division.

That is interesting.

Aug 23, 2011

Indeed Reading did it a few years back albeit with Roberts only signing on loan in January i believe

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

History says otherwise, with a few exceptions...

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
That is interesting.

I personally don't care who scores the goals, as long as we are scoring. I'd rather the responsibility be shared between all the outfield players than rely on one striker to score them all, then be royally ****ed if he is injured/sold and no-one else steps up.
We do have goals in the team - our front men CAN score, we know they can. Our 1st choice midfield 4 all know where the goal is. We just seem to have lost that composure a bit.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Happy with four players scoring say 10-15 if we could.......BZ and Hemed should, along with Wilson and poss KLL if he can keep fit. Stephens can get more, Knocky and Murphy will get a few and ideally our CBs should get one or two (not sure what's happened this season on that front - must be the quality of crossing ?)

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I think i read on here Boro are spreading their goals across the team, bit like us. This shows they are taking promo seriously. We need to follow

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I think i read on here Boro are spreading their goals across the team, bit like us. This shows they are taking promo seriously. We need to follow

Little chance of that I fear.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Until we get serious and sign a proven striker at this level and not a lower league hopeful whether it be now or in the summer we will always struggle. Sadly these type of players cost more than 1m

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Until we get serious and sign a proven striker at this level and not a lower league hopeful whether it be now or in the summer we will always struggle. Sadly these type of players cost more than 1m

Absolutely right. Just a shame the club don't appear to realise this but maybe we're not that serious about promotion?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here