Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Sports reporting that 2 championship clubs have bid for Jordan Rhodes....

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Its not long ago everyone was dreading Man Utd will recall Wilson.

A couple of indifferent games after being ill, he's been written off.

I still think he maybe very important and and shouldnt be written off, see the Charlton goal for example.

THIS
how lightweight was Peter Ward when he joined us it did'nt stop him
and if he were to play for us now there still would be those moaning about him

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Your point was that he picked Celtic over the Albion, which isn't true.

My point was that he wanted a club playing European football. Which was true.

*Not that we didn't cough up enough money.

Oh i dunno. Its a long time ago now. Who knows. :)

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove
My point was that he wanted a club playing European football. Which was true.

*Not that we didn't cough up enough money.

Oh i dunno. Its a long time ago now. Who knows. :)

Correct. I would like to think that we would be in a similar position to a club like Celtic in terms of wage structure, and even if there wasn't a difference I'm not sure it would be significant enough to completely persuade someone to move to that club without any other incentives... other than things like European football.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Correct. I would like to think that we would be in a similar position to a club like Celtic in terms of wage structure, and even if there wasn't a difference I'm not sure it would be significant enough to completely persuade someone to move to that club without any other incentives... other than things like European football.

I can't be bothered to do any research on SPL vs Championship TV deals, but I would imagine Celtic have the ability to pay much higher wages than than Brighton - bigger crowds, huge merchandising and (at the time) Champions League group stage money.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Not correct. Not every failed transfer bid is because Albion ie: Tony Bloom didn't cough up enough of his cash.

Totally agree - just happened to be the case with this one. It was quite understandable though having just forked out quite a bit on Ulloa.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
if it happens we can kiss goodbye to finishing above Weds.... shame we don't seem to share the same drive to land those keys players just yet

Don't we ? No one knows who Albion are looking at. And what evidence do we actually have that Wednesday are in for Rhodes ?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Lickers NEVER will understand if don't we SPECULATE we are going NOWHERE

I am SPECULATING that we will sign a striker before 31st January................Hows that Ernest. Now it's up to you to tell me where we are going ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
if it happens we can kiss goodbye to finishing above Weds.... shame we don't seem to share the same drive to land those keys players just yet

Agree despite chailey****ingjems rhetoric.

Forgive the rhetoric fellas but given that in the last month or so we've already landed our #1 targets for a Prem League loan in face of competition from apparently dozens of clubs, a £2m+ winger (as well as Towell and a key short term left back loan) then you're being super harsh if thats a failure of "drive"...Poor old Paul Winstanley has seemingly been putting in the airmiles as well.
As for the elusive striker then given that we had little inkling more than 24 hours out that Wilson, Ridgewell, Knockeart were on their way then I'd suggest we've no idea ...yet if x or y are in the pipeline so i'd save the kissing goodbye to anything for a few more days yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here