Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Sports reporting that 2 championship clubs have bid for Jordan Rhodes....

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Forgive the rhetoric fellas but given that in the last month or so we've already landed our #1 targets for a Prem League loan in face of competition from apparently dozens of clubs, a £2m+ winger (as well as Towell and a key short term left back loan) then you're being super harsh if thats a failure of "drive"...Poor old Paul Winstanley has seemingly been putting in the airmiles as well.
As for the elusive striker then given that we had little inkling more than 24 hours out that Wilson, Ridgewell, Knockeart were on their way then I'd suggest we've no idea ...yet if x or y are in the pipeline so i'd save the kissing goodbye to anything for a few more days yet.

With you can see it going to the last day seeing we've only 1 league game before the window closes and I'm sure it will be somebody not yet mentioned

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Wednesday have now said they don't have the sort of money available to sign Jordan Rhodes.

Glad about that tbh, not just us then, looks like its just Middlesbrough, who must be praying they don't blow it this season, no way are they meeting ffp otherwise. They tried to sign Phillips from QPR today for £6m apparently

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
Wednesday have now said they don't have the sort of money available to sign Jordan Rhodes.

Glad about that tbh, not just us then, looks like its just Middlesbrough, who must be praying they don't blow it this season, no way are they meeting ffp otherwise. They tried to sign Phillips from QPR today for £6m apparently

Middlesbrough have also bid 8 million for McCormack today as well according to Sky Sports 'sources'.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Middlesbrough have also bid 8 million for McCormack today as well according to Sky Sports 'sources'.

Mccormack bid was mentioned as including Kike going the other way on loan somewhere

Looks like Middlesbrough are trying to Hoover up anyone decent, or is this just all bollox?

I heard about the Kike swap deal for McCormack, is it just a loan or is this a loophole for Fulham to get round their embargo?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Looks like Middlesbrough are trying to Hoover up anyone decent, or is this just all bollox?

I heard about the Kike swap deal for McCormack, is it just a loan or is this a loophole for Fulham to get round their embargo?

I assume just a loan as its the only way fulham can bring anyone in. Mccormack going would free up a squad space but they would only be able to pay 10k per week in.wages. No idea what Kike would be on but would it be worth a cheeky bid if hes surplus there

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I assume just a loan as its the only way fulham can bring anyone in. Mccormack going would free up a squad space but they would only be able to pay 10k per week in.wages. No idea what Kike would be on but would it be worth a cheeky bid if hes surplus there

I assume he would only be surplus if they sign a striker as he has been playing for them, he did against us anyway.
Would they sell to a rival promotion contender too? Might be an option if they would.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No idea what Kike would be on but would it be worth a cheeky bid if hes surplus there

He has scored just 4 goals this season in a team that is full of goals. I have no idea how good he is but I know the only goal he has scored since August was against us. I'd be pretty underwhelmed if he joined us tbh.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

So who are the two clubs then (if indeed there are two clubs) Middlebrough and ? possibly Derby ? Burnley ? Hull ? or even QPR now Austin has moved on.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Can only think boro and hull. Cant see Derby buying another striker. Burnley dont tend to spend big with Gray being an exception and QPR dont seem as keen to throw cash about now

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The Mirror say Swansea too. I can't see it though.

Quick fix. They need goals. Could be another Charlie Austin type scores loads below and makes the step up. Plus they can afford it. With the riches on offer you can "gamble" like that.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Swans have bid seemingly.
Oh well. Another rumour bites the dust .............. and not even 40 pages!!!

I'd very much doubt we were in with a shout if his wages are £45k a month. I should think we'll get an unknown from abroad or GM back on loan at end of window.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'd very much doubt we were in with a shout if his wages are £45k a month. I should think we'll get an unknown from abroad or GM back on loan at end of window.

I'll settle for either if it means we start scoring goals.
My heart can't cope with all these one goal margins :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here