Shrewsbury and the Trevor Parkes factor

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not really, Bucky, people who pursue ridiculous vendettas against players really disqualify themselves from having their views taken seriously - in my view at least and I suspect others too - regardless whether they go to the games.

The particular technique used here, don't talk about the nominated scapegoat's performance, but erect some special test for him to "fail" (clapping fans at the end) is particularly idiotic.

Has Fatboy, for example, ever complained before about any other players refusing to clap away supporters?

But he makes a special example of McCammon to pursue this constant tired agenda of running him down at every opportunity.

Why? The guy played well or moderately well according to every independent account of the game, the Argus, the Shrews fans on here, even the Brightonfans report and the Offy site report.

But some people are so sour that they cannot let that pass without muddying the water somehow. It's utterly pathetic!

Last edited:

fatboy said:
My point was that all the players, however well they have played, should have the decency to applaud the fans - especially when people have made the effort to travel that far for a midweek cup game!

You really expect people to believe that's the reason and not your anti-McCammon agenda? ???

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
London Irish said:
Not really, Bucky, people who pursue ridiculous vendettas against players really disqualify themselves from having their views taken seriously - in my view at least and I suspect others too - regardless whether they go to the games.

The particular technique used here, don't talk about the nominated scapegoat's performance, but erect some special test for him to "fail" (clapping fans at the end) is particularly idiotic.

Has Fatboy, for example, ever complained before about any other players refusing to clap away supporters?

But he makes a special example of McCammon to pursue this constant tired agenda of running him down at every opportunity.

Why? The guy played well or moderately well according to every independent account of the game, the Argus, the Shrews fans on here, even the Brightonfans report and the Offy site report.

But some people are so sour that they cannot let that pass without muddying the water somehow. It's utterly pathetic!

If you actually bothered to read this thread, or whichever other Shrewsbury thread I contributed to, I did comment on his performance in the game.

McCammon was the only player to not applaud the fans. If it was another player I would probably also have noticed it.

I'd love McCammon to prove me wrong and come good. You seem to have a problem that my opinion of his ability is different to yours.

fatboy said:
The keeper was at fault for the first goal.

Mark McCammon is not going to endear himself to the fans by walking straight off at the end when people have made the effort to go that far. He didn't win enough in the air today.

McShane was quality again, and almost scored at the end.

Hopefully Turienzo will be fit again soon, as Kazim-Richards needs a rest. McCammon may well start on Saturday.

Leon Knight was our best player IMO.

Last edited:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
London Irish said:
You really expect people to believe that's the reason and not your anti-McCammon agenda? ???

I couldn't really care less what people believe to be honest. This message board is about opinions, everybody has different opinions.

You are one of the ones that seems to have an inability to realise this.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:

Not sure he was making him a scapegoat. Fatboy has not been as critical of McTrolley as some of us.

It is not much to ask for players to acknowledge the fans after they have travelled to support the team.

fatboy said:
I'd love McCammon to prove me wrong and come good. You seem to have a problem that my opinion of his ability is different to yours.

Not at all, there are plenty of anti-McCammonites, like Kinky, I have a lot of time for because they do make some attempts to be fair, even though they may like or dislike certain players.

You know full well you are chewing humbug by picking on McCammon for this clapping thing. You are not even fooling yourself, are you?

It would be pointless asking if you have raised these objections on NSC before - because we both know those posts don't exist - and it would be pointless asking to keep your eagle eye on other non-clapping players in future - because we all know this is just about having a dig at McCammon.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
It would be pointless asking if you have raised these objections on NSC before - because we both know those posts don't exist - and it would be pointless asking to keep your eagle eye on other non-clapping players in future - because we all know this is just about having a dig at McCammon.

Why is it?

I would be pretty pissed off if players did not applaud us, whatever the result having flogged half way up the country to support the team.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
London Irish said:
Not at all, there are plenty of anti-McCammonites, like Kinky, I have a lot of time for because they do make some attempts to be fair, even though they may like or dislike certain players.

You know full well you are chewing humbug by picking on McCammon for this clapping thing. You are not even fooling yourself, are you?

Well I am sorry that I haven't posted every opinion I have on NSC. Must remember to do so in future.

fatboy said:
I couldn't really care less what people believe to be honest. This message board is about opinions, everybody has different opinions.

You are one of the ones that seems to have an inability to realise this.

On the contrary, of course you are fully entitled to your opinion. But where you go wrong is thinking that disqualifies me from having an opinion on YOUR opinion.

It is YOU who are playing the subtle censor!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
London Irish said:
On the contrary, of course you are fully entitled to your opinion. But where you go wrong is thinking that disqualifies me from having an opinion on YOUR opinion.

It is YOU who are playing the subtle censor!

Fair point.

If you want to have a civilised chat over a :drink: about Mark McCammon's ability, or lack of it, we will be in Preston from 11.

fatboy said:
Well I am sorry that I haven't posted every opinion I have on NSC. Must remember to do so in future.

EXACTLY - this clapping issue is so important that there is not one of your, oh, 10,000+ posts that refers to it :jester:

And it's JUST PURE COINCIDENCE that McCammon is the first one that gets you upset enough to post about it :lolol:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
London Irish said:
EXACTLY - this clapping issue is so important that there is not one of your, oh, 10,000+ posts that refers to it :jester:

And it's JUST PURE COINCIDENCE that McCammon is the first one that gets you upset enough to post about it :lolol:

I could see that one coming.

I think I have mentioned in the past, but who and when escapes me.

10,000 posts are hard to accumulate while posting rubbish in between lectures. I have a job now so I don't have time to debate my every opinion with others on here.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Why are you picking on "fatboy" ? Plenty of others have made comments about him before. He didn't clap us, and did walk off.

Fatboy has every right to be pissed off with him, despite his improved performance.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I agree that Fatboy should comment on players applauding or not applauding.

It wasn't very tactful to ask another player to comment or ask another team-mate about it.
A separate thread would have been far better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports