Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shrewsbury and the Trevor Parkes factor

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
The offical site says we deserved 2 penalties. The referee was the same Trevor Parkes gave Luton a homer penalty against us a few seasons back and then refused to give us everything including a nailed on penalty.

Its not a conspiracy theory but Parkes is probably a great friend of Phil Prosser.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
In that case he is a !!!! and deserves his f***ing house burnt down.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
The argus report says that Jakey was scythed down in extra time and then booked for diving. And the second equaliser should have been our throw which they took quickly when we thought it was ours. Can anyone who was there shed any light on these?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Scarface said:
The argus report says that Jakey was scythed down in extra time and then booked for diving. And the second equaliser should have been our throw which they took quickly when we thought it was ours. Can anyone who was there shed any light on these?

jake beat 2 men and was hacked down in the area, just as he was about to shoot by the looks of things, although it was difficult to tell as it was up the other end. if it was leon or kazim-richards you could be a bit dubious about whether it was a penalty, but jake isn't the type to dive, not with the goal gaping at his mercy

as for the throw, didn't realise this, but even so we should be switched on and ready to defend

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Scotty M said:
as for the throw, didn't realise this, but even so we should be switched on and ready to defend
Apparently everyone thought it was ours and Leon dropped the ball for El Abd to throw in but they picked it up and played on.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Scarface said:
Apparently everyone thought it was ours and Leon dropped the ball for El Abd to throw in but they picked it up and played on.

I must of missed that as well, at the end of the day marking was sloppy for all three goals, butters had a real of day last night!

As for the penalties, the first one, jakey poked the ball passed the keeper whos out stretched arm clipped jakeys leg, the ref gave a goal kick, so he must have thought jakey was not going to keep the ball in play, can't think of any other reason why he gave a goal kick and not a penalty.

The second was a joke from what we could see, jakey cut between two defenders from the righthand side, burst into the box and as his leg came back to pull the trigger, someone slid in from behind, jakey went over and was booked for diving. Could not see if he was tripped, but strange place and way to dive!

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Black Country Seagull said:
I must of missed that as well, at the end of the day marking was sloppy for all three goals, butters had a real of day last night!

As for the penalties, the first one, jakey poked the ball passed the keeper whos out stretched arm clipped jakeys leg, the ref gave a goal kick, so he must have thought jakey was not going to keep the ball in play, can't think of any other reason why he gave a goal kick and not a penalty.

The second was a joke from what we could see, jakey cut between two defenders from the righthand side, burst into the box and as his leg came back to pull the trigger, someone slid in from behind, jakey went over and was booked for diving. Could not see if he was tripped, but strange place and way to dive!

don't know if your trying to get a rise from me or something but if you want to discuss my "off day". then next time you see me after a game looking subdued, come and have a chat with your uncle tank.it will be most enjoyable.(for me)

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Race said:
don't know if your trying to get a rise from me or something but if you want to discuss my "off day". then next time you see me after a game looking subdued, come and have a chat with your uncle tank.it will be most enjoyable.(for me)

you looked to busy signing some girls excuse for a programme, besides the only person i wished to talk to after that result was my shrink:p

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
you looked to busy signing some girls excuse for a programme, besides the only person i wished to talk to after that result was my shrink:p

think you need to talk to your optician first.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
spoke to him after hull, persides should'nt you be training right now!

just scraped myself out of bed after getting in at 3ish this morning.thought i'd go on here to get rid of some frustration.it's what everyone else does,isn't it?

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Race said:
just scraped myself out of bed after getting in at 3ish this morning.thought i'd go on here to get rid of some frustration.it's what everyone else does,isn't it?

still always preston on saturday to make amends, as for frustration, some people recommend a magazine or a video can relief frustration

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Race said:

Do you think you could give us a players eye view of the season so far? How far off are we from clicking and hammering someone?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Guy, can you shake the team up. Get them completely pumped and up for it on Saturday. We need a result. We'll do our bit on the terraces. Lets get the boys bang up for it

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Race said:

Have all the players got the day off ?

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
garry nelsons left foot said:
Do you think you could give us a players eye view of the season so far? How far off are we from clicking and hammering someone?

we r frustrated,and disappointed,but main thing is not to let confidence go. sooner we get a positive result the better to give us and fans a lift.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I have to say in your defence big fella, the lack of direction the FROG was giving you guys reminded me a bit of park football, I couldnt see fault from any outfield player in particular, just a general lack of positioning.

Like I said on a previous post, I dint actually think anyone (bar the keeper) had a really bad game, we should give Shrewsbury credit.

On the subject of the penalties, I thought the first was a stonewaller, an absolute disgrace, but then again I think Parkes dosnt like us after a few racist shouts were heard at Luton a few seasons back, and who can blame him.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Tank, so how long before we see you as manager and leading us out at falmer

the way prescott is going i will be getting my free bus pass by then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here