Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shrewsbury and the Trevor Parkes factor

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Race said:
we r frustrated,and disappointed,but main thing is not to let confidence go. sooner we get a positive result the better to give us and fans a lift.

I take it that the players are a bit pissed off that we didnt get two nailed on penalties either. If we got them it would have been a different game.

Salopstu

Aug 24, 2005
From the Shrews view-

The throw in was ours i'm afraid to say.

The first penalty claim was i believe viewed by the ref as stated by
Race -

"As for the penalties, the first one, jakey poked the ball passed the keeper whos out stretched arm clipped jakeys leg, the ref gave a goal kick, so he must have thought jakey was not going to keep the ball in play, can't think of any other reason why he gave a goal kick and not a penalty"

As for the second I thought he was brought down but wasn't too close to be 100%. Me and all around us were shocked it wasn't given but thats the way it goes - bit harsh getting a yellow for diving though!!

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Dougal said:
Guy, can you shake the team up. Get them completely pumped and up for it on Saturday. We need a result. We'll do our bit on the terraces. Lets get the boys bang up for it

we r always bang up for it.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Salopstu said:
From the Shrews view-

The throw in was ours i'm afraid to say.

"As for the penalties, the first one, jakey poked the ball passed the keeper whos out stretched arm clipped jakeys leg, the ref gave a goal kick, so he must have thought jakey was not going to keep the ball in play, can't think of any other reason why he gave a goal kick and not a penalty"

I was about 2 meters away from that, and there was NO WAY the ball was going out.

I have to say tho, I thought the throw in WAS theirs.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Black Country Seagull said:
:lolol:
still sir bobby robson was still managing with a bus pass, you don't fancy taking the helm at all then?

love to.can you imagine how bad i would look if I aged anymore as most managers do.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Rougvie said:
I have to say in your defence big fella, the lack of direction the FROG was giving you guys reminded me a bit of park football, I couldnt see fault from any outfield player in particular, just a general lack of positioning.

Like I said on a previous post, I dint actually think anyone (bar the keeper) had a really bad game, we should give Shrewsbury credit.

On the subject of the penalties, I thought the first was a stonewaller, an absolute disgrace, but then again I think Parkes dosnt like us after a few racist shouts were heard at Luton a few seasons back, and who can blame him.

we should have had 3 penalties,even their forwards were saying that 2 of them were definate.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Race said:
we should have had 3 penalties,even their forwards were saying that 2 of them were definate.

Hardly something that McGhee could be faulted for.

I agree the game would have been entirely different if we had been given two of them.

We would of had to score them of course.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Race said:

From our end and being right behind the goal it was very difficult to see the second one so I cant really say, however the first one was one of the worst refereeing decisions I have seen in a long long time.

Referees like this are ruining the game of football, I thought his all round performance was extremely poor.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Race said:
we r frustrated,and disappointed,but main thing is not to let confidence go. sooner we get a positive result the better to give us and fans a lift.

Merci.:thumbsup:

Also, I know it's still a while away yet, but can one, if not all, of the team kick Andy Johnson over the Holmsdale when we play P*l*ce? I never want to hear that crap arsed commentator saying...'and the scorer of the scums goal is Andy Johnson! Andy?' Whilst the day release pikey's duly mumble back JOHNSON like a bunch of turgid gimps.

Pretty please.:)

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Rougvie said:
From our end and being right behind the goal it was very difficult to see the second one so I cant really say, however the first one was one of the worst refereeing decisions I have seen in a long long time.

Referees like this are ruining the game of football, I thought his all round performance was extremely poor.

Well you saw how poor Peake was at Luton when he nearly sparked off a riot, pitch invasion to the left of the goal, obviously he has not improved. Hopefully MM will score him low and eventually he will either improve and play fair or lose his referees licsense.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Rougvie said:

i dont know if anyone remembers it but we had a throw in 2nd half,reidy threw it to jake in the box,jake spun the defender and was brought down and the ref just waved play on.he was getting caned by all our players and then the penalty when jake went round the keeper was one of the most blatant penalties ive seen so much so that paul mcshane literally threw himself on the floor in disbelief when it wasnt given.the ref said to me that jake saw the keepr coming and delibrately went looking for the foul,i said it dont matter if u look for it what matters is if he made contact, ref done his usual reaction and run away.

normally in football players know if its a foul or not especially in training people always stop if its a foul and to have their forwards giggling to each other like they have got away with it pisses you off.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Race said:
i dont know if anyone remembers it but we had a throw in 2nd half,reidy threw it to jake in the box,jake spun the defender and was brought down and the ref just waved play on.he was getting caned by all our players and then the penalty when jake went round the keeper was one of the most blatant penalties ive seen so much so that paul mcshane literally threw himself on the floor in disbelief when it wasnt given.the ref said to me that jake saw the keepr coming and delibrately went looking for the foul,i said it dont matter if u look for it what matters is if he made contact, ref done his usual reaction and run away.

normally in football players know if its a foul or not especially in training people always stop if its a foul and to have their forwards giggling to each other like they have got away with it pisses you off.

Is there anyway you can play for us and be the ref at the same time?

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Is there anyway you can play for us and be the ref at the same time?

i ref for my boy's sunday team,thats more than enough for me,i even get stick there.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I remember this ref from last season - he was the clown for the away match at Crewe when he gave several ludicrous decisions then too.

The first penalty decision last night was unbelievable, Jakey was definitely brought down, how the ref could interpret it any other way is beyond me, it was harder to see for the second shout as it was up the other end but it looked like Jakey was about to shoot when his legs got taken from under him.

It was a disappointing result and performance but if you forget from the last minute of normal time onwards we'd still done enough to win even with the ref not giving us anything. They just got lucky with their final throw of the dice and it was downhill from there.

jolson

Aug 8, 2005
Race said:
i ref for my boy's sunday team,thats more than enough for me,i even get stick there.

Play football manager at all, Guy? You're skippering my premiership Albion side in the Champs League. It's just a matter of time! :wave:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Why was Mark McCammon the only player to walk off at the end without applauding the fans who had made the effort to travel that far to watch a game and support their team?

Can you ask him please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here