Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shrewsbury and the Trevor Parkes factor

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
fatboy said:
Why was Mark McCammon the only player to walk off at the end without applauding the fans who had made the effort to travel that far to watch a game and support their team?

Can you ask him please.

Big mac did well last night, and though not his greatest fan to say the least, he did clap as he walked of.

Then again when that final whistle went, there wasn't many of us to clap to!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
No he didn't. I was watching him and he walked straight off.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
fatboy said:
Why was Mark McCammon the only player to walk off at the end without applauding the fans who had made the effort to travel that far to watch a game and support their team?

Can you ask him please.

Perhaps as most of the fans feel the need to constantly slate him, he didn't want to go and clap them.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Not the best way for someone unpopular to endear himself to the fans.

And in any case, he constantly plays badly yet we still get behind the team and turn up to Shrewsbury on a Tuesday night.

H2O

Jul 27, 2004
Hove
Race said:
i ref for my boy's sunday team,thats more than enough for me,i even get stick there.

What can the club officially do about this ref then??
I no Mcghee fills out a report, but can we report him in any other way and get someone to assess the match tape????

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
fatboy said:
Not the best way for someone unpopular to endear himself to the fans.

And in any case, he constantly plays badly yet we still get behind the team and turn up to Shrewsbury on a Tuesday night.

did you think he played badly last night then, and at hull?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I was at the Luton away game the report refers to. I couldn't have told you who was in charge but I do remember him having an absolute stinker. I think Cullip conceded a pen which looked harsh, and then Knight was booked for being hacked down in the box in the second half.

There were other incidents as well, that he just didn't see at all. Whoever the big lump of the day was - Benjy I think - he also got some rough treatment that was never given our way. Sounds like McCammon received similar last night.

I do remember coming away that night thinking, "yeah we were poor, but if we'd just got some of those decisions ...."

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
80's Seagull said:
Perhaps as most of the fans feel the need to constantly slate him, he didn't want to go and clap them.

Not an excuse. People have paid decent money to go up there to support the side, it is not hard to walk over and clap. This used to really annoy me with going abroad with England, where certain players just did not acknowledge the fans. It is better now as Beckham always does and most of the others follow suit.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Uncle Buck said:
Not an excuse. People have paid decent money to go up there to support the side, it is not hard to walk over and clap. This used to really annoy me with going abroad with England, where certain players just did not acknowledge the fans. It is better now as Beckham always does and most of the others follow suit.

Does Sven come out and applaud?

jolson

Aug 8, 2005
I wonder if he came out to applaud after the mighty Danmark THRASHED England 4-1...?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Black Country Seagull said:
did you think he played badly last night then, and at hull?

He's been better than he has been, although that doesn't say a lot.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love him to come good.

He still lacks a decent touch and for someone his size he is useless in the air.

He is also getting dragged out wide with the way we are currently playing, and for someoen of his size he will be more use in the box.

All players should applaud the fans at the end regardless of the result.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
he was blatantly crap. his decisions on the penalties were tantamount to match fixing. his inability to let the game flow shows a complete lack of apreciation of the game being an entertainment. one time he stopped the shrews keeper from taking a freekick, ran a good forty yards and placed the ball just two feet backwards. the keeper again took the kick and again wacked it some fifty yards (minus 2 feet) into our half. whats the f***ing point. he shouldn't ref a game again.:angry:

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I tend to agree, he was an utter disgrace.
Jakey ran onto a through ball and toe poked it past thier keeper who then brought him down. If he hadn't have touched him it would of been a (pretty) certain goal.
The second one was kind of hard to see, but it seemed as if Jakey took it past a couple of players going in to the box and then had his legs taken as he was about to shoot.

I thought McCammon was one of the better players last night, also think he was lucky not to get booked though in the second half when he had the knock on his head, the ref came over and and he propper ripped into him, when the ref had walked off and McCammon briefly left the pitch he continued on the linesman!

Is it me or was El abd absolutely crap, it seemed as if he couldn't mark, tackle, pass or head and had no idea on what was going on around him.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
When I got home after the game, I pulled into the drive at the same time as my Shrewsbury Town supporting neighbour. We shared a few polite words (I wasn't much in a chat frame of mind you understand) and he said they were two stone-wall penalties and couldn't belive how lucky they were to get away with them (we agreed on something).

He thought the ref was poor too!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bring back Richard Beeby.

I have been at both the previous games Mr Parkes refereed and he was atrocious then :angry:

fatboy said:
No he didn't. I was watching him and he walked straight off.

You are a fool, aren't you. You can't even admit he had a good game, but have to divert everyone by bringing up this juvenile rubbish. I'd love Tank to introduce the two of you after a game some time.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
London Irish said:
You are a fool, aren't you. You can't even admit he had a good game, but have to divert everyone by bringing up this juvenile rubbish. I'd love Tank to introduce the two of you after a game some time.

The two facts are completely unrelated.

Yes he has played better in the last two games than he has done previously, but that is not my point.

My point was that all the players, however well they have played, should have the decency to applaud the fans - especially when people have made the effort to travel that far for a midweek cup game!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here