Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Magnificent show of solidarity at the Bridge tonight

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Sky News this morning said 11 victims have been identified but there could be more victims.
Stupid thing to say I thought.The police have made it clear they believe there are 11 victims.

When the body count goes up with disasters/accidents/terrorist acts you just sense the media
are getting more and more excited because the more that die the bigger the story.

Read the official Police statement from yesterday morning,

We cannot discount any further victims as our search at the scene continues but we have no reason to suspect that there is anyone else.

http://www.sussex.police.uk/whats-h...ims-of-shoreham-air-crash-formally-identified

Sky reported the news correctly, this time.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Two cyclists now confirmed dead. See The Argus website as I do not have the link.

Once again, RIP to the deceased, love and prayers to the bereaved.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
MORE TEARS. Will I ever stop.
From the BBC web site-
Earlier Giovanna Chirico, the fiancée of victim Mark Trussler, paid tribute to him.
She said he had taken his motorbike to Shoreham as he wanted to see the last flight of the Vulcan.
"It was a nice day and I texted him when the flight was due," she said.
"He replied saying I should get the kids ready so we could take them out to lunch on his return. I said I loved him and he replied 'I love you too, forever.'
"I didn't hear from him again."

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Two cyclists now confirmed dead. See The Argus website as I do not have the link.

Once again, RIP to the deceased, love and prayers to the bereaved.

TWO cyclists have been named as victims of the Shoreham Airshow disaster.

Richard Smith died along with his friend Dylan Archer in the Shoreham air crash last Saturday.

Richard set out from his home in Hove to meet Dylan Archer for a bike ride into the South Downs to join another friend.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
RIP Richard & Dylan.

Is that 10 of the suspected 11 named now? :(

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I went over to Shoreham this teatime to look at the tributes and flowers. Whilst I was there, a coach and two women Albion players arrived, bringing a wreath of blue & white flowers from Gillingham FC.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Interesting chat at half time in yesterday's game on Radio Sussex about how the guys at Worthing FC were advised to speak to the press before they went digging elsewhere.

Apparently Paul Camalin (wrong spelling, but the press guy) and Paul Barber were brilliant in helping out given as they 'do it every day', unlike Worthing FC, where it is all very new to them.

Another great move by BHAFC.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Interesting chat at half time in yesterday's game on Radio Sussex about how the guys at Worthing FC were advised to speak to the press before they went digging elsewhere.

Apparently Paul Camalin (wrong spelling, but the press guy) and Paul Barber were brilliant in helping out given as they 'do it every day', unlike Worthing FC, where it is all very new to them.

Great to hear. Paul Camilin would've given sound advice without doubt too.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

I know what you mean GB and I'm not trying to be clever but PB and PC don't "do this every day" which makes the way the club has responded even more remarkable (whilst still continuing the "business as usual" of signing players, negotiating contracts, and putting on three first team football matches in a week).

The way the Sussex and football community has responded makes me so proud to live in this area and so proud that the Albion epitomises what "together" really means.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

yes i listened to that interview the guy was very grateful

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I know what you mean GB and I'm not trying to be clever but PB and PC don't "do this every day" which makes the way the club has responded even more remarkable (whilst still continuing the "business as usual" of signing players, negotiating contracts, and putting on three first team football matches in a week).

The way the Sussex and football community has responded makes me so proud to live in this area and so proud that the Albion epitomises what "together" really means.

Yeah, sorry, that's what the guy from Worthing said directly, and I see what he means, but I also take your point. They are very extreme circumstances, and the club has been fantastic – from the bottom, right up to the very top.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
The Argus is running a headline that all 11 victims have been named but I thought there was still one to come after the two cyclists were named over the weekend?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I think it's that they've been identified and will all be named when the inquest opens

thealbionfan

Oct 6, 2003
Just drove on the A27 for the first time since on my way to work (my daily commute). I was one of those diverted on the way to the match on the day. I can't say that I knew anyone personally who was involved, but have to admit I shed a few tears whilst driving by. A very eerie feeling. RIP

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I have had cause to drive along that stretch of road twice since it has re opened . Both times I have instinctively switched off my car radio - I probably sounds daft ( I don't know) but I just feel so uncomfortable passing through there with out some sort of acknowledgement .

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I have had cause to drive along that stretch of road twice since it has re opened . Both times I have instinctively switched off my car radio - I probably sounds daft ( I don't know) but I just feel so uncomfortable passing through there with out some sort of acknowledgement .

Doesn't sound daft at all and I will probably do the same everytime I have to drive past. Haven't needed to yet.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Living in Upper Beeding and working and having family and friends in Lancing of course means that I travel along this stretch of the A27 most days. It will take a long time, if ever, before I can do this stretch without feeling somewhat emotional.

I think that part of the reason so many people have felt a personal connection with this tragedy, whether they knew/knew of any of the victims or not, is that it is a location that so many are very familiar with. People sometimes forget that although the South coast conurbation is large in terms of population, we are essentially a small community here, located or spending much of our time in the small strip between the South Downs and the English Channel. The A27 and the A259 and the landmarks along their stretches are part of our DNA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here