Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sanchez handball/red card?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can't help but wonder what if we were playing Utd, City etc. Maguire wouldn't have let that go until the ref changed his mind.
Well of course! Them's the rules, innit? If one of the 'Bg Clubs' had wanted a pen. and a red card ........... well, what other outcome would be possible?

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
What does bug me with keepers, and the Grimsby keeper was guilty of this too, was when they kick it out of their hands on the edge of the box and they're clearly handling it outside of the area. Never gets pulled up.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
The bloke sitting beside me in the east stand was right when he said Sanchez is too casual. I feel like a lot of these new breed of keepers are the same now with this passing from the back style being the new in thing keepers are a lot more involved in the game now and the chances of making mistakes are subsequently increased.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The bloke sitting beside me in the east stand was right when he said Sanchez is too casual. I feel like a lot of these new breed of keepers are the same now with this passing from the back style being the new in thing keepers are a lot more involved in the game now and the chances of making mistakes are subsequently increased.
Sanchez is just a languid and laid back guy so everything he does appears ‘casual’

You have to remember this is the first time in his career really his place has been taken or even under threat and he’s a young man for a goalkeeper.

And as you say, the way keepers play now there will always be mistakes, City concede a few goals a season playing balls out from the back and we definitely will too, we were very sloppy doing it against Leeds, nearly conceded at the end to palace doing it.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The line forms part of the 18 yard area. The whole of the ball must be over the line when handled for Sanchez to be penalised. I've not seen any angle which conclusively shows that the entire ball was over the 18 yard line. But it's certainly very close!

(Apologies if fixtures)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Exactly. Just like when players position the ball for corners … the ball only has to ‘overhang’ the line to be ‘inside’.

Why not, it's just writing a new rule. There was a time there were no cards, or offsides, or subs. Rules can evolve.
When were there no offsides? Long before my time.

The rules of football are mostly simple but the offside rule, not so much. First introduced in 1883 when the Football Association (FA), for the first time, formalised football rules, the offside was constructed to deter players from always lurking near the opposition goal to look for scoring opportunities

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here