Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sammy Lee - joining Southampton FC (NOT assistant manager at the Albion)

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I was pleased when I heard he was coming here but if that's the kind of attitude he peddles in his work he can f*ck right off, so long Sammy :bigwave:

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Why is anyone surprised what has happened here?

People change their minds, get better offers, renege on agreements all the time - football is no different than real life.
This is what feeds the bedwetters and club arselickers and makes football and this board so interesting. All forms of life are here.

When I read that Lee was appointed I thought -Meh isn't he that that horrible little goblin from liverpool that worked worked with Woy?
I'm pretty Mey about Hyypia to be honest, it will either work or it won't - again after the last 2 years I won't be surprised either way he could be gone by Xmas or be utterly brilliant as our manager have to wait and see.

Lee must have been his connection so he will feel let down and its embarrassing when someone does this so the club are embarrassed as a whole but you can't blame them for announcing it in these circumstances.

Reading the thread from start to finish is good - you see more U turns in 11 pages than you get on the seafront road when its busy. Fantastic appointment- dodged a bullet etc etc!!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I was pleased when I heard he was coming here but if that's the kind of attitude he peddles in his work he can f*ck right off, so long Sammy :bigwave:

Maybe not the first time ???

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
This doesn't reflect well on Sammy Lee's integrity. However for me it raises questions about the quality of our management. He clearly had agreed a contract but not signed it. Surely we announced it too early?

I have the feeling we're also not sharp enough with signings - what happened with Lewis Grabban for example. We seem to be missing out a bit too often

albionite

May 20, 2009
Heh heh the quote of the week,.....no shit Sherlock.

Most of what he says is spot on. I am a bit meh myself about Hyypia but now fully behind him hoping that he proves me wrong (will wait to see what players he brings in).

Thought the Sammy Lee appointment was underwhelming but as he is only an assisant and if Sami wanted him not a big deal.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
How anyone at all can blame the club after him signing and agreeing the press release is beyond me...

I'd be interested to see when Southampton approached him. If it was after he'd signed, they're out of order. But anyone that goes back after penning an agreement probably isn't somebody you'd want anywhere near the first team setup anyway.

Good riddance.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sammy Lee was a good appointment.

Sammy Lee has done the dirty on us, and especially on SH.

We move on, there are other people who'll do a great job for us.

burstead

Not a Registered User
Jul 24, 2010
I've been going out with a guy
his name is Sammy
but last night he said to me, when we were watching telly,
this is what he said,
he said listen Brighton i love you but there's this club i fancy,
and i don't want to two time you,
so it's the end of you and me.
Who's this club i asked him,
southaaaaaampton he replied,
not them ****s i said dismayed,
yes but they're not ****s , he cried

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
That last sentence was meant to be a laugh - carry on tho- did you ever get a parking space in Coldean by the way:cool:

No, I generally walk up from Mithras, or park & Bus from Lewes nowadays. Though Wild Park is catching my eye.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
This doesn't reflect well on Sammy Lee's integrity. However for me it raises questions about the quality of our management. He clearly had agreed a contract but not signed it. Surely we announced it too early?

I have the feeling we're also not sharp enough with signings - what happened with Lewis Grabban for example. We seem to be missing out a bit too often

I would suggest that he had signed it, as PB says that we could enforce a notice period if we wanted to.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I heard he was being sued by a football agent. Allegedly. Unsure.

BOLTON Wanderers chairman Phil Gartside and three other club representatives are due to appear in court next year to settle a dispute over a £1 million transfer made six years ago.

Current club secretary Simon Marland, former manager Sammy Lee and director of football Frank McParland will also be called to a High Court case in Manchester on April 4 to answer claims against them from football agent Tony McGill that he was cut out of a deal to sign midfielder Gavin McCann from Aston Villa at the last minute in favour of rival agency Sports Entertainment Management (SEM).

McGill, a licensed agent since 2001, claims that, “but for the unlawful acts complained of” he would have “received a fee of up to £390,000 being 10 per cent of the value of the guaranteed basic earnings under the playing contract with Bolton.”

After settling a representation dispute with the player, he is now pursuing damages and interest from Wanderers and its four senior executives, as well as SEM and three SEM staff members Jerome Anderson, Jeffrey Weston and David Sheron.

The club, SEM and all seven named defendants deny the allegations.

McCann, a once-capped England international, signed a five-year deal with Wanderers in June 2007 and would go on to make 88 appearances for the club, scoring three goals, before his retirement because of a knee injury in early 2011.

It is claimed by McGill that the Blackpool-born midfielder had previously used SEM to negotiate moves between Everton and Sunderland in 1998 and Sunderland to Villa in 2003.

But McGill alleges that he had severed ties with the agency before he began negotiating his transfer to the Reebok in March, 2007.

Wanderers claim the transfer was only discussed in May of that year and that negotiations were above board and conducted between the club, SEM and then-Villa chief executive Richard Fitzgerald — and had nothing to do with McGill.

SEM denies the allegation and claims that McGill was not acting on McCann’s behalf at the time and that the transfer was conducted in accordance with the FA’s rules and regulations.

Bolton Wanderers declined to comment and no one from SEM was available to comment.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news...company_for_six_figure_sum_over_transfer_row/

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I've been going out with a guy
his name is Sammy
but last night he said to me, when we were watching telly,
this is what he said,
he said listen Brighton i love you but there's this club i fancy,
and i don't want to two time you,
so it's the end of you and me.
Who's this club i asked him,