Ryan Harley

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Definitely Harley's best game that I've seen. Thought his build up play was solid and work rate far improved from what I've seen previously. Worked hard for the team and I thought he tracked back a lot after we'd lost the ball.

Something to build on...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The guy CLEARLY has good footballing ability.

I mean, you can't be LOVED at Exeter, signed by Swansea, score a 35 yard SCREAMER and finish yesterday's goal in STYLE if you're not talented.

It's just a case of him settling into a new style of football from Exeter and him perhaps adjusting to not being THE main midfield man.

I'm not saying it's an ego thing. Not at all. But if you are used to being numero uno at a club and then all of a sudden being PART of a team it must take time to adjust from the mentality of having to always pull out a wonder pass or create something straight away.

yesterday he looked a lot more composed and iwas DELIGHTED that he scored.

Some people actually have NO clue sometimes. One guy behind me shouted RUBBISH when Noone lost the ball.

Yep, rubbish Craig Noone :facepalm:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
the boy is going to be special for us in time to come. He has talent and vision that a lot of our players dont have. give him the time and he will be a great Brighton Player

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
the boy is going to be special for us in time to come. He has talent and vision that a lot of our players dont have. give him the time and he will be a great Brighton Player

Maybe you should sign him for Crawley then! Thought he was better yesterday but still looks lightweight and not sure he will be upto it. Swansea obviously didn't think so. Would look good in front of that mighty impressive new stand at Broadfield though!:D

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
No, with Harley its about effort and commitment, not ability. Harley clearly has ability.

The exact same thing was levelled at Murray.... He will never be someone who puts in loads of tackles and tracks back but that is not what is there for.I Like Navs and Bridders behind him to give him confidence to play his game. Maybe his best position would be a bit further advanced behind a central striker. That will allow us to play two wide men

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Maybe you should sign him for Crawley then! Thought he was better yesterday but still looks lightweight and not sure he will be upto it. Swansea obviously didn't think so. Would look good in front of that mighty impressive new stand at Broadfield though!:D

He would be too good for Crawley this season, but next when they are in league 1 may be not!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He will get through this season and will be a revelation next when we are all acustomed to his type of play. Unlike most on here I was impressed with the amount of tackling back and trying to win the ball back he did yesterday, a great improvement from previous games and I am sure many more to come.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
You may have a very good point

we agree on something....finally!!

I just think he has something which we have not seen yet, you can see what he is trying to do sometimes and the other players dont read it. I honestly think he has some decent talent in those boots and just needs to get his head right to use it.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

I just think he has something which we have not seen yet, you can see what he is trying to do sometimes and the other players dont read it. I honestly think he has some decent talent in those boots and just needs to get his head right to use it.

He does look like he needs a rocket up his arse most of the time. Bit weird agreeing with you though.???

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
He does look like he needs a rocket up his arse most of the time. Bit weird agreeing with you though.???

I met a girl from Totton once when camping there, met her in a pub by a river (pub was by a bridge, not sure that helps though!!) cracking girl,she came to our tent for a BBQ with her mate, but I ended up with the shits and spent most of the night in a camp site toilet!! not the best way to impress a girl...

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

I agree with this,

The guy has been with us for not that long and, to my mind, shows glimpses of exceptional talent.

Sometimes it looks like he is unsure what to do next (or indeed what he is expected to do) but, give him a break, he is potentially a terrific signing and remember GP didn't take him on the basis of absolutely nothing.

It seemed to me that yesterday, he put in an excellent shift which should go some way to answer those who claim he is lazy etc.

I am convinced also that he will come good !

PS. He has now scored two goals for us so that's not too bad

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I agree with this,

The guy has been with us for not that long and, to my mind, shows glimpses of exceptional talant.

Sometimes it looks like he is unsure what to do next (or indeed what he is expected to do) but, give him a break, he is potentially a terrific signing and remember GP didn't take him on the basis of absolutely nothing.

It seemed to me that yesterday, he put in an excellent shift which should go some way to answer those who claim he is lazy etc.

I am convinced also that he will come good !

PS. He has now scored two goals for us so that's not too bad

is he the only midfielder to get a goal this season? Cant recall another? Noone and Buckley apart?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports