Ryan Harley

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seggers

Nov 10, 2009
Worthing
Thought he was much improved today and noticed that he put in a lot more effort when it came to getting back and defending. Got himself in some good positions today and provided a good option as well as scoring. Although many people still don't rate him I think we should stick by him and not get on his back just yet, give him a chance you never know he might just come good... After all Navarro was in a similar position to him when he first joined and he turned it round and became one of the top players with in the squad.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Bar the goal though he was pretty anonymous. Was Sparrow injured or dropped?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yep, better, not amazing and still too casual and careless at times. But I think people have gone a bit over the top on the criticism of him.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He needs more responsibility in this team, we need him alongside Bridcutt in a 4-4-2 with two wingers. That will get him the space he needs, and the options he needs. He can pick out a pass and he can finish, he will be a great player but he is wasted with 2 holding midfielders behind him, there's no space for him to work in.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
He needs more responsibility in this team, we need him alongside Bridcutt in a 4-4-2 with two wingers. That will get him the space he needs, and the options he needs. He can pick out a pass and he can finish, he will be a great player but he is wasted with 2 holding midfielders behind him, there's no space for him to work in.

Couldn't disagree more, put him in a middle 2 and we will get torn apart. Reminds me of Lampard needs 2 behind him to get the ball and move it on.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Couldn't disagree more, put him in a middle 2 and we will get torn apart. Reminds me of Lampard needs 2 behind him to get the ball and move it on.

It's worth a go though. Bridcutt is being stifled aswell as far as I am concerned, Navarro contributed nothing positive to the team today and I think if we had Harley playing deeper, we would have more options going forward, and make it easier to keep the ball. Might be a bit more open, but it's worth a go.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought Navarro was really good today. Coming for the ball, strong in possession, and passing it on, breaking up their attacks, some very good blocks, some decent crosses. To say he contributed nothing positive does him a complete disservice.

I thought Harley looked nothing like the awful embarrassment of a footballer people had painted him as, competently passed the ball around, and it was 30 mins in before he made a mistake (at which point some around me responded as if he'd been doing it all match)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I thought Navarro was really good today. Coming for the ball, strong in possession, and passing it on, breaking up their attacks, some very good blocks, some decent crosses. To say he contributed nothing positive does him a complete disservice.

Thank you was beginning to think it was just me, bar the shot he should have taken in the 2nd half he had a very good game.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Thank you was beginning to think it was just me, bar the shot he should have taken in the 2nd half he had a very good game.

Compared to the usual crap he serves up. I would say that he did get more involved today but he is not what we need in our midfield line up IMHO.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander

This is what I am starting to think about him. His inclination today seemed to be to advance into a central attacking position. So if he wants to make a mark he will need to show he wants it, two or three times today he found plenty of space in the middle but wasn't given the ball. Must start showing that he is comfortable on the ball so he gets in the play more often. Improved today, not hard I know. Gus has a lot of work to do with Harley but he can come good and do a job for Brighton imho. Trying to be positive about the lad.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
It's worth a go though. Bridcutt is being stifled aswell as far as I am concerned, Navarro contributed nothing positive to the team today and I think if we had Harley playing deeper, we would have more options going forward, and make it easier to keep the ball. Might be a bit more open, but it's worth a go.

Personally I though Nav was the reason we had a midfield today. Solid performance considering he has had little playing time. Thumbs up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Harley was the best player in midfield today and Bridcut did his usual Mr Reliable and then we had Navarro who was the weak link in the midfield but all praise to him he did better than I expected him to but still not good enough for this division. Much too slow and doesnt win enough tackles as a defensive midfielder.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Unless he works as hard as Mackail-Smith, changes his hair colour and scores a hat trick and clears 5 off the line he'll be shit cos all the Fergies on here knows it. :salute:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I personally thought when he runs he runs very camply with a camp stride in his foot

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports