Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ukraine is being held up by Western funds as they can't sell or produce anything anymore.

They are just hoping Russia's economy tanks before they West stops supporting them.

Who of note said anything about the West ending their support?

For example, US expert John Bolton said in a BBC radio interview yesterday that the Republican Party and president would carry as now. That the isolationists in Congress are few in number.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Who of note said anything about the West ending their support?

For example, US expert John Bolton said in a BBC radio interview yesterday that the Republican Party and president would carry as now. That the isolationists in Congress are few in number.
Your quote would have carried a lot more weight Sir if you hadn't quoted John Bolton. That man has a lot of sins to answer for himself. He goes on CNN and denounces Donald Trump but never uttered a word against him whilst he was in Office. Too little to late as far as I'm concerned for that man.

Happy to take the CNN Dollar now and the Donald Trump Dollar for years as well. The man is a Charlatan.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To actively attack Russian Military bases and ships firing missiles into Ukraine. Then simply deny that they are doing it. That's what Russia does.
We are doing that :ROFLMAO:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We are doing that :ROFLMAO:
Yeah but why aren’t we announcing that we’re doing that, eh? I DEMAND we be told by NATO that they’re actually doing stuff but not to tell Vlad in case he might be listening to what we say.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah but why aren’t we announcing that we’re doing that, eh? I DEMAND we be told by NATO that they’re actually doing stuff but not to tell Vlad in case he might be listening to what we say.
To be fair, that is what Russia would do. They'll tell their public one thing, and argue the complete opposite to the West

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Your quote would have carried a lot more weight Sir if you hadn't quoted John Bolton. That man has a lot of sins to answer for himself. He goes on CNN and denounces Donald Trump but never uttered a word against him whilst he was in Office. Too little to late as far as I'm concerned for that man.

Happy to take the CNN Dollar now and the Donald Trump Dollar for years as well. The man is a Charlatan.
I'm aware of his background and old friends.

This was of note to me, because a supposed right-wing Republican was clear that the US, both parties, back Ukraine all the way.

From 18:00, very worth a listen:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001kx7l

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
All being setup nicely for the counterstrike.

I'm expecting something to coincide with Moscow's Victory Day holiday on May 9th. Perhaps the Kerch bridge will be dropped as part of the "celebrations".

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
All being setup nicely for the counterstrike.

I'm expecting something to coincide with Moscow's Victory Day holiday on May 9th. Perhaps the Kerch bridge will be dropped as part of the "celebrations".

I hope thats somewhere in Poland or Western Ukraine - Not good to have so many troops congregated so close together That could be targeted by long range missiles

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
All reports indicate that Ukraine forces, backed by western weaponry, are prepping for the Mother of all counteroffensives. This will be the biggest battle on European soil since WW2 and will push the war into into it’s most dangerous phase.

With Moscow now threatening to use “any weapon” to win and Ukraine fighting for their existence, whatever the outcome, it will change the war definitively. Which way though, remains to be seen.

As for the Russian trawlers in European waters, if they carried out their acts of sabotage, Russia would be the country to suffer ultimately. Retaliation would be swift and brutal.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
All reports indicate that Ukraine forces, backed by western weaponry, are prepping for the Mother of all counteroffensives. This will be the biggest battle on European soil since WW2 and will push the war into into it’s most dangerous phase.

With Moscow now threatening to use “any weapon” to win and Ukraine fighting for their existence, whatever the outcome, it will change the war definitively. Which way though, remains to be seen.

If anyone in the western world isn't holding their breath for this, they should be. The wars of the next century will be the democratic world v the autocratic world and this is the first taste of what will be to come.

I believe that whatever Ukraine can't capture back in the coming months will remain as Russia. To break through the massed Russian forces will require all of the strike force they have assembled and all of the equipment. They can only really leave back what is required to stop Russia marching unopposed to Kiev.

There will be no chance of raising a bigger strike force or going back to the west for more and better equipment. These requests will fall on largely deaf ears. This is their D Day. This is their shot at getting their country back.

I think it will be horrifically bloody and harrowing and like the entire war a massive emotional roller-coaster for all of us emotionally invested in it

As for the Russian trawlers in European waters, if they carried out their acts of sabotage, Russia would be the country to suffer ultimately. Retaliation would be swift and brutal.
But Putin will calculate that retaliation wasn't swift and brutal when he shot down a passenger liner or carried out a chemical attack or countless cyber attacks or even invaded Donbas and Crimea.

Now we are providing weapons as we should be, but short of militarily intervening, he will think he can cause fear and division in the west with limited downsides

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Is this still going on ……. Who’s winning ?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
"Abnormal descent of aviation ammunition"
I wonder what the translation of that is?

Pilot been on the vodka?
Missile release protocol absent/not followed correctly/installed by Ukraine special ops?
Russia unable to pay the renewal fee for the navigation software?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here