[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
It's gone to extra time. Putin's top gun has done a Man Utd, and scored an own goal.
I see it more as the Ukraine defence putting studs on the ball, waiting for the moment to break the Russian press and rip them a new one.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It's gone to extra time. Putin's top gun has done a Man Utd, and scored an own goal.
You see I can understand it all when put in those terms..
Russia don’t have a Zuckov anymore do they ?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
You see I can understand it all when put in those terms..
Russia don’t have a Zuckov anymore do they ?
No, I think they've all been defenestrated, like Harry Maguire and David De Gea soon will be. My concern is a 'reaction' on Sunday.

BTW, don't forget the nationwide smartphone alert test at 3pm on Sunday. It's just a test, but we will all get the alert on our smartphones.
(Probably best not to speculate on the reasons for the test).

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
All reports indicate that Ukraine forces, backed by western weaponry, are prepping for the Mother of all counteroffensives. This will be the biggest battle on European soil since WW2 and will push the war into into it’s most dangerous phase.

With Moscow now threatening to use “any weapon” to win and Ukraine fighting for their existence, whatever the outcome, it will change the war definitively. Which way though, remains to be seen.

As for the Russian trawlers in European waters, if they carried out their acts of sabotage, Russia would be the country to suffer ultimately. Retaliation would be swift and brutal.
My wife's parents live in a farming village, under occupation, somewhere east/ south east of the Zaporozhye nuclear power station. Thousands of Russian troops (regular plus many conscripts) have been stationed in their and surrounding villages for months now. They would be on a secondary north-south route toward Melitopol.
In the past few weeks the Russians have been digging trenches and improving fortifications around all these villagers. Obviously for anticipated defence, but also to keep thousands of idle hands away from the vodka.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No, I think they've all been defenestrated, like Harry Maguire and David De Gea soon will be. My concern is a 'reaction' on Sunday.

BTW, don't forget the nationwide smartphone alert test at 3pm on Sunday. It's just a test, but we will all get the alert on our smartphones.
(Probably best not to speculate on the reasons for the test).
Ukraine is gearing up for a huge counter-offensive. Putin has said if they try to take back Russian occupied ground, he’ll use every weapon he has to stop them.

And our government are testing early warning alarms on our phones.

It’s pretty obvious what that’s all about.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ukraine is gearing up for a huge counter-offensive. Putin has said if they try to take back Russian occupied ground, he’ll use every weapon he has to stop them.

He said the same before Ukraine took back Kharkiv, and then didn't use anything he hadn't already used. More empty threats.

And our government are testing early warning alarms on our phones.

It’s pretty obvious what that’s all about.
What is that all about? If we're nuked, a message on our phone won't help.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Putin now seems reliant on any support from China. China does not want the destruction of the planet, so will make sure that will not be an option.
Hopefully

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He said the same before Ukraine took back Kharkiv, and then didn't use anything he hadn't already used. More empty threats.

Agreed.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Is this still going on ……. Who’s winning ?
No one. Only losers so far: thousands of innocent Ukrainians slaughtered; thousands of duped Russian conscripts slaughtered; Russia not achieved its objectives; Ukraine will take decades to rebuild and the indirect knock-on impact on millions of people of higher inflation.

On the other hand, China, the energy companies and arms manufacturers will be salivating at the opportunities.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No one. Only losers so far: thousands of innocent Ukrainians slaughtered; thousands of duped Russian conscripts slaughtered; Russia not achieved its objectives; Ukraine will take decades to rebuild and the indirect knock-on impact on millions of people of higher inflation.

On the other hand, China, the energy companies and arms manufacturers will be salivating at the opportunities.
Oh well when one door closes and all that.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Suppose it gives us all a last chance to log into the ‘Anyone else playing Wordle’ thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports