[Football] Robbie Fowler

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
I don't think anyone has got to the bottom of what or who this 'liberal elite' are. Or what 'being right on' is. Or, indeed, with what the problem of being intelligent actually is.

Does anyone have an issue with being 'liberal' (aside from the OP)? And who are this minority that forms this 'elite'? Can he name names? The reason I ask is that the majority on this thread are taking his fantasy whimsy from the first post apart - and a majority is hardly an 'elite'.

The fact is, the first post had little basis in reality. It was a thin strand of other-world thinking, contrived and wrapped into a point of view that had kidded itself on there being a racial element to his fantasy. In short, all the post was there to do was challenge anyone to prove him right, or - far more likely - he wanted to set in train a tirade of self-important abuse in order to have an argument with anyone who called him out on his drivel.

It was there purely to be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Hence a moron and a troll.

Ah the revered and oh so intellectual DJ enters the fray, showcasing how intellectual he is. A moron and a troll eh? Because I hold the 'wrong' views? If Hope Powell came on the roar and expressed a view you totally disagreed with would you call her a 'moron' ? Yeah thought not.

Ya know before it became the 'in' thing for the right on trendy liberal elite (yes you) to attend women's football in order to showcase how right on they are, how many features were there on the roar about it in say 2005 / 2006 /2007.........the women's team captain / manager as guests / debates on how to increase it's popularity etc? You must have a record of it? Come on prove to me you aren't just a trendy liberal bandwagon jumper who has suddenly attached himself to women's football as its the 'in' thing. Awaits.....

Also mate when you have guests on the roar let them speak, don't keep interrupting, just a bit of feedback from you.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
[MENTION=15278]Beach Seagull[/MENTION], given your self proclaimed love of President Trump, and his recent medical advice, regarding ingesting disinfectant, will you be changing your user name to Bleached Seagull?

ha ha very good, although 'red wine seagull' would be nearer the mark.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
The same could be said of Gareth Southgate.

His Management Credentials were hardly breathtaking prior to being given the job.

Care to enlighten us as to why an unsseccful foray into football Management was able to secure him the position of the Top Job ?

Very fair point. To 'enlighten' you my take would be when the FA sacked Allardyce there were very few other choices to pick from, Southgate was already in the set up (U21 coach) and he is very much an 'FA man' so it made sense. I remember at the time the general consensus he was very fortunate to get the job, I certainly thought that.

My point about Chris Powell remains though, we should be selecting coaches on merit not skin colour, it doesn't make a racist (although I have no doubt I will be called one) to question why a lower league journeyman manager is an England coach. By all means give Chris Hughton a coaching position as he's managed at the top level.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
And clearly you start on it very early in the day.
If you manage to sober up sometime soon you will see what an ignorant bell end you are.

Nothing to do with you. Gosh you certainly add to the debate don't you?? Is that the best you've got? If i'm those pull me to pieces with the weight of your argument.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
C. Post with rotating combination of buzzwords (woke, lefty, liberal elite etc.), lack of free speech outrage, name calling, "I know you are but what am I?" and outright denial.

Ah the revered and oh so intellectual DJ enters the fray, showcasing how intellectual he is. A moron and a troll eh? Because I hold the 'wrong' views? If Hope Powell came on the roar and expressed a view you totally disagreed with would you call her a 'moron' ? Yeah thought not.

Ya know before it became the 'in' thing for the right on trendy liberal elite (yes you) to attend women's football in order to showcase how right on they are, how many features were there on the roar about it in say 2005 / 2006 /2007.........the women's team captain / manager as guests / debates on how to increase it's popularity etc? You must have a record of it? Come on prove to me you aren't just a trendy liberal bandwagon jumper who has suddenly attached himself to women's football as its the 'in' thing. Awaits.....

Also mate when you have guests on the roar let them speak, don't keep interrupting, just a bit of feedback from you.

Buzzwords? Check
Name calling? Check
Lack of free speech outrage? Classic use of quotes around 'wrong' views. Check
Whataboutery? My bad - missed that off the list. Check
Grammatical errors? I really am slipping missing that off the list as well.(Feedback FROM you). Check

Just missing denial for Numberwang in one post.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Buzzwords? Check
Name calling? Check
Lack of free speech outrage? Classic use of quotes around 'wrong' views. Check
Whataboutery? My bad - missed that off the list. Check
Grammatical errors? I really am slipping missing that off the list as well.(Feedback FROM you). Check

Just missing denial for Numberwang in one post.

Buzzwords: where does it say in the NSC rules they aren't allowed?
Name calling: that's an irony given what I've been called on here
Outrage? Really? Amusement yes, watching you lot working ya selves into a rage, it's highly amusing. Making lockdown bearable.
Whataboutery: where does it say in the NSC rules it isn't allowed?
Grammatical errors:fair point, laziness I attribute that to. At laest my speling is ok.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Buzzwords: where does it say in the NSC rules they aren't allowed?
Name calling: that's an irony given what I've been called on here
Outrage? Really? Amusement yes, watching you lot working ya selves into a rage, it's highly amusing. Making lockdown bearable.
Whataboutery: where does it say in the NSC rules it isn't allowed?
Grammatical errors:fair point, laziness I attribute that to. At laest my speling is ok.

I am getting worried people will think you are my second account as you are proving every single thing I have posted in this thread.

Validation of the reason for previous ban for admitting to trolling in post #3? Check
Therefore - denial by constantly denying being a troll? Check. Also, claiming being called out as a troll as rage

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just so that this thread doesn't go down as the most pointless ever on NSC

Griddled halloumi with watermelon & caper breadcrumbs

Ingredients

750g watermelon
2 small shallots, very finely sliced
100ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing and to serve
4 tsp white balsamic vinegar
300g halloumi, sliced
good squeeze of lemon juice
For the breadcrumbs
75g slightly stale country bread, crusts removed, blitzed into coarse breadcrumbs
1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ medium red chilli, halved, deseeded and chopped
2½ tbsp capers, rinsed
50g blanched almonds, toasted and chopped
small bunch of mint, leaves picked, half of them torn

Method

Cut the watermelon into either cubes or slices and transfer to a bowl with the shallots. Add 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and the balsamic, then season with fresh black pepper. Cover and put in the fridge for about 15-20 mins.

Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan. Fry the breadcrumbs until turning gold. Add the garlic, chilli and capers and cook for another minute, then toss in the almonds. Remove from the heat, add the torn mint (it will wilt a little), then taste – it will be quite salty, but the watermelon won’t be, so you’ll get a good contrast.

Brush the halloumi with a little oil and heat a griddle pan. Griddle the cheese on both sides until just starting to melt but still holding its shape, with nice golden griddle marks. Toss the cold watermelon and shallots with the rest of the mint leaves and some salt. Divide between four plates, or pile onto a platter. Put the hot halloumi on top. Squeeze over some lemon juice and top with some of the breadcrumb and caper mix. Serve immediately.

You're welcome :wave:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just so that this thread doesn't go down as the most pointless ever on NSC

Griddled halloumi with watermelon & caper breadcrumbs

Ingredients

750g watermelon
2 small shallots, very finely sliced
100ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing and to serve
4 tsp white balsamic vinegar
300g halloumi, sliced
good squeeze of lemon juice
For the breadcrumbs
75g slightly stale country bread, crusts removed, blitzed into coarse breadcrumbs
1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ medium red chilli, halved, deseeded and chopped
2½ tbsp capers, rinsed
50g blanched almonds, toasted and chopped
small bunch of mint, leaves picked, half of them torn

Method

Cut the watermelon into either cubes or slices and transfer to a bowl with the shallots. Add 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and the balsamic, then season with fresh black pepper. Cover and put in the fridge for about 15-20 mins.

Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan. Fry the breadcrumbs until turning gold. Add the garlic, chilli and capers and cook for another minute, then toss in the almonds. Remove from the heat, add the torn mint (it will wilt a little), then taste – it will be quite salty, but the watermelon won’t be, so you’ll get a good contrast.

Brush the halloumi with a little oil and heat a griddle pan. Griddle the cheese on both sides until just starting to melt but still holding its shape, with nice golden griddle marks. Toss the cold watermelon and shallots with the rest of the mint leaves and some salt. Divide between four plates, or pile onto a platter. Put the hot halloumi on top. Squeeze over some lemon juice and top with some of the breadcrumb and caper mix. Serve immediately.

You're welcome :wave:

Hen

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
I am getting worried people will think you are my second account as you are proving every single thing I have posted in this thread.

Validation of the reason for previous ban for admitting to trolling in post #3? Check
Therefore - denial by constantly denying being a troll? Check. Also, claiming being called out as a troll as rage

How does me expressing an opinion and finding the outrage it causes amusing make a troll? It's a debating forum is NSC people are allowed to express views ya know. If you don't like it f**k off and do some flower arranging or go stick a copy of the Guardian where the sun doesn't shine.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
How does me expressing an opinion and finding the outrage it causes amusing make a troll? It's a debating forum is NSC people are allowed to express views ya know. If you don't like it f**k off and do some flower arranging or go stick a copy of the Guardian where the sun doesn't shine.

:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Your only consolation is that you are still a member of the trendy liberal elite :tantrum:
I need to buy a copy of the Guardian from somewhere though. Talking of which, there is a small village shop in East Hoathly which is very much a local shop for local people. I used the post office in there once and whilst queuing, I saw an array of papers waiting for collection. Big stack of Mail. A fair few Times and Telegraph. And one solitary Guardian. I always envisage it as a trap and expect pitchforks will be involved if anyone ever comes to claim it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So if someone expresses an opinion you don't agree with they are a troll? I bet you are an advocate for free speech and tolerance? 'Tolerance' as long as you agree with me!!!

You are bang on here. It is rule 4:13 article 17 of the Trendy Liberal Elite charter. it is a dream organisation, you are definately winning this thread though so you are seconds away from entry.

(fun fact, i have scattered two Cure album titles through this post. Can you spot them?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You are bang on here. It is rule 4:13 article 17 of the Trendy Liberal Elite charter. it is a dream organisation, you are definately winning this thread though so you are seconds away from entry.

(fun fact, i have scattered two Cure album titles through this post. Can you spot them?

‘Trendy Liberal Elite’ - reached number 4, in 1994?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports