Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Robbie Fowler

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I wonder what will happen first, the corona lock-down gets lifted or [MENTION=15278]Beach Seagull[/MENTION] gets the reaction he has now spent 2 and a half days desperately trying to obtain?

I think that in his mind he has got the required reaction several times over.

I am sure that this is making him happy and helping him through lock-down.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
I wonder what will happen first, the corona lock-down gets lifted or [MENTION=15278]Beach Seagull[/MENTION] gets the reaction he has now spent 2 and a half days desperately trying to obtain?

I hope it gets lifted first, dying to get back to work. Miss it loads and my work mates.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
There are two points of note in your above response which appear to jump out at me.

1. You seem to with ease be able to come up with some mitigating circumstances for Gareth Southgate being given the England Manager's job despite conceeeding in your own view that he got it "Not on Merrit". However you make no effort to find a justification for the Merrit of Chris Powell.

2. Your suggestion that perhaps it should instead go potentially to Chris Hughton because that would be In your opinion Merritted.

I am not 100% sore you are meaning to be "Racist". But subconsciously it is.

You are suggesting that Chris Hughton and I quote you here " Be given a coaching position"

Not the main job it seems but a coaching position. That is the typical stereotypical assumption that Black Men make good athletes but they don't really Merritt the Top Job.

I am not saying you necessary mean it . But your responses invoke the feeling of a subconscious racial bias. That is forgiveable but when people are pointing it out to you and your not willing to take it on board. That is harder for people to acknowledge.

Now in this post I am not suggesting that Chris Chris Hughton Merritt's or would want the England job.

Although it does confuse me it why someone who has a better Managerial Background than Gareth Southgate but yet in your words he should qualify for a coaching role underneath Southgate.

I hope you follow what I mean here about some of your replies coming from your subconscious. A subconscious which many people at the Highest Enchelons of football also seem to have.

OMG mate I think you are over analysing my post. I gave a very reasonable answer to a very reasonable question, one which I think most would agree with that GS was fortunate to get the England job and did so because he was already in the set up and there was (still is ) a lack of alternatives.

Correct I did say CH should be given a coaching position as England currently have a manager, to me GS is doing a reasonable job so at present I wouldn't advocate replacing him with CH, however if / when GS is no longer the England manager I think CH would be an excellent choice as England manager (sorry to disappoint you).

Go pick the bones out of that and see what you can decide is 'racist' gosh shock horror the 'racist' BS is an advocate of a BAME manager getting THE England managers job. BTW I'm not saying because of his Albion links, if he had had a similar degree of success at a similar sized club to us I would think he would be a good choice as England coach.

BTW if you are going to post smart arse replies designed to make me look racist you would have more credibility if you could spell basic words such as 'merit' and 'conceding.'

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
You have won a proud victory against the mighty Trendy Liberal Elite. Enjoy it and celebrate it for years to come.

I don't look for 'victory just discussion, some people's idea of 'discussion' on here is to call me a 'troll' or other insults (couldn't care less btw) if they don't agree with me, or do what a couple of others have done which is to (so far) ignore my very reasonable replies in response to them (one who called me a 'nutter' and the other who tried to make out I was racist (to which I replied to earlier today, I do acknowledge however not everyone is on NSC frequently and they may not be ignoring they just haven't seen my reply.

I do find it surprising how many on here just resort to insults if you dare to disagree with them, it feels like 'you will tow the NSC line or you'll get insulted and labelled 'ist'. Believe it or not plenty of others out there vote Tory and read the Daily Mail and hold the 'wrong' views.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If you're going to keep bouncing your own 'look at me' thread, at least include some decent music. :shrug:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I don't know which will be first, but I reckon another couple of days of the OP constantly bouncing it to a resounding response of complete apathy should cement it's place in NSC Gold :thumbsup:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I don't look for 'victory just discussion, some people's idea of 'discussion' on here is to call me a 'troll' or other insults (couldn't care less btw) if they don't agree with me, or do what a couple of others have done which is to (so far) ignore my very reasonable replies in response to them (one who called me a 'nutter' and the other who tried to make out I was racist (to which I replied to earlier today, I do acknowledge however not everyone is on NSC frequently and they may not be ignoring they just haven't seen my reply.

I do find it surprising how many on here just resort to insults if you dare to disagree with them, it feels like 'you will tow the NSC line or you'll get insulted and labelled 'ist'. Believe it or not plenty of others out there vote Tory and read the Daily Mail and hold the 'wrong' views.

This doesn't come across.

Enjoy your day

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Oh this thread takes me back all those years ago.

It does me an all as one enlightened poster on here made reference to 'nutters' took me back to the time when we didn't have much knowledge of 'mental health' and attached labels such as 'nutter' to people with mental health issues. But it's ok because I called him out on it and he give a reasoned and considered reply he didn't ignore me........well maybe he did!!!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It does me an all as one enlightened poster on here made reference to 'nutters' took me back to the time when we didn't have much knowledge of 'mental health' and attached labels such as 'nutter' to people with mental health issues. But it's ok because I called him out on it and he give a reasoned and considered reply he didn't ignore me........well maybe he did!!!

You probably needed to have been on here in 2006 Beach to know what I meant by that. Hansy remembered.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
You probably needed to have been on here in 2006 Beach to know what I meant by that. Hansy remembered.

Oh right, wasn't on it back then not, just thought a strange expression to use in these more enlightened times when it come's to mental health awareness. 'Nutter' is hardly PC is it. Appreciate the irony of me calling out someone for not being PC though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here