RIP Keith Floyd

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
He looked older than 65 though - and he lived life to the full you can say.

Must have had a rough life
news-graphics-2008-_440069a.jpg

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
his shows were brilliant. watched the docu' last night and he was in a bad way, not much of a suprise he passed away.

rip, sure you will be in good hands with ollie reed in the sky:smokin:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
great entertainer and not a bad chef/cook either

RIP Keith

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
just seen a massive queue of morons getting their book signed by the Fat Tongued Saviour of British Schoolchildren Oliver in Canary Wharf, bet none of them watched Keith last night.

I wonder what Floyd thought of Gola man bag wearing scooter riding trendy chefs with basketball hoops in their loft apartment, and 'lifestyle' TV cooking shows?

What has happened to this country.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
just seen a massive queue of morons getting their book signed by the Fat Tongued Saviour of British Schoolchildren Oliver in Canary Wharf, bet none of them watched Keith last night.

I wonder what Floyd thought of Gola man bag wearing scooter riding trendy chefs with basketball hoops in their loft apartment, and 'lifestyle' TV cooking shows?

If you'd watched last nights docvumentary with him and keith allen you'd know what he thought of them. his exact words were...

"they're all *****" (that begins with a c)

Dandyman

In London village.
RIP. A top man. The world is a duller place without him.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
RIP Keith, watched him on tv last night, and when asked about the chefs on tv today, his response that they were a bunch of cnuts, that me made laugh

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Had the misfortune to turn over to his new programme on four tonight and lasted all of five minutes when he started to talk to an Egyptian chef in a manner I can only describe as Brick Lane Jewish. Awful.

But Keith Floyd, utter genius.

Having said that I did speak to a very very good cameraman once, really at the top of his game who like Floyd didn't suffer fools gladly, especially those in the tv industry.

He got booked on a programme with Floyd and by all accounts due to his drinking the whole thing turned into a complete nightmare. On a personal level he didn't have much to say for him.

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
The first celeb chef, and far better than Ramsey imho. His shows were allways funny and entertainining and he had that bit of upperclass twit about him.
The drinking man's cook.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Had the misfortune to turn over to his new programme on four tonight and lasted all of five minutes when he started to talk to an Egyptian chef in a manner I can only describe as Brick Lane Jewish. Awful.

I couldn't get past him calling everyone 'bruff'.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

But Keith Floyd, utter genius.

Having said that I did speak to a very very good cameraman once, really at the top of his game who like Floyd didn't suffer fools gladly, especially those in the tv industry.

He got booked on a programme with Floyd and by all accounts due to his drinking the whole thing turned into a complete nightmare. On a personal level he didn't have much to say for him.

hahaha Brick Lane Jewish.

He is a moron. I have hated him ever since his first series with all the sliding down the bannister and mong Duffer t shirt wearing airhead 'pals', and his apparently a sort Mrs with the wierdest most microscopic eyes, sitting there mouth agape at some 'party' with people leaping over sofas in pairs of Vans to 'grab' a piece of stone baked pizza and a Corona, without a thought going through her head.

He hit the heights of cntishness making burritos with the Mexican gang members, all funny handshakes and I am sure there was a few 'bruvs' chucked about too.

Oliver is a corporate cnt, all Sainsburys ads and Canary Wharf restaurants. Can you imagine Floyd doing sainsburys advert, crashing down the aisles knocking stuff off and swearing as he cannot get his pound out the trolley? Can you imagine him opening restaurants in Canary Wharf that did not go bust after 15 seconds as they were run by accountants?

I know who I would rather have a drink with.

Last edited:

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells

He is a moron. I have hated him ever since his first series with all the sliding down the bannister and mong Duffer t shirt wearing airhead 'pals', and his apparently a sort Mrs with the wierdest most microscopic eyes, sitting there mouth agape at some 'party' with people leaping over sofas in pairs of Vans to 'grab' a piece of stone baked pizza and a Corona, without a thought going through her head.

He hit the heights of cntishness making burritos with the Mexican gang members, all funny handshakes and I am sure there was a few 'bruvs' chucked about too.

Oliver is a corporate cnt, all Sainsburys ads and Canary Wharf restaurants. Can you imagine Floyd doing sainsburys advert, crashing down the aisles knocking stuff off and swearing as he cannot get his pound out the trolley? Can you imagine him opening restaurants in Canary Wharf that did not go bust after 15 seconds as they were run by accountants?

whereas I expect Jamie Oliver would be 'all over' having a drink with you

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells

civil.... :bla: :bla:

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
you should go to bed earlier mate if you cannot be civil in the morning.

respectful, deferential, gracious, complaisant, suave, affable, urbane, courtly. Civil, affable, courteous, polite all imply avoidance of rudeness toward others. Civil suggests a minimum of observance of social requirements. Affable suggests ease of approach and friendliness. Courteous implies positive, dignified, sincere, and thoughtful consideration for others. Polite implies habitual courtesy, arising from a consciousness of one's training and the demands of good manners.

just for your info

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports