Remember the last time we played Arsenal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If can't remember ensure you keep the memories of the up coming fixture for years to come by buying one of the special Arsenal / Brighton scarfs.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
A milk bottle bounced off my shoulder and hit my friend on the head, those were the days.
I'll be taking my little girl this time round, her first ever game. The game has changed so much since then, mainly for the better.

Matter of opinion.......

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Great equaliser from Garry Nelson down the South end. Remember the North being packed out and that ginger c@@t Groves scoring the winner in front of the North. Also remember Hove station being on fire!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Thanks for that image Manx!! Them were the days- isn't that doug rougvie on the cover with Alan smith?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If can't remember ensure you keep the memories of the up coming fixture for years to come by buying one of the special Arsenal / Brighton scarfs.

Lol! You're such a wind up merchant, quality fishing on the other thread by the way!!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I am just uploading footage of the match... Bear with me.

bear-with-me.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't remember anything about the game, other than it was sunny

What a game that was. Still remember nelsons equaliser and the very last massive goldstone crowd.

Fantastic memories. We played so well for a 3rd division side and they just edged it. Think Perry Groves got their winner?
and Trusson's missed header.

It was the game in 1987/88 that Trusson had a free header that he headed straight at John Lukic.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When was the night league game when it really properly kicked off?

That is possibly my first ever Albion game, what with Dad being a Gooner, and us recently moving down from Reading, from where Dad used to take me to Highbury.

We were in the North East that night, and some bloke climbed over the fence, getting away from the violence, using my head as a step down!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Terrible memory for games, but I vaguely remember the 1979 game at Highbury.

We sat in the seats somewhere near the half way line.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Had a slight fisticuff bout in the park after the match.
Actually chased some bloke for ages ha ha I could then !!
Ah those were the days

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales

Surely we played them early '90's in a League Cup game at the Goldstone as well - lost 3 - 2 in the end but I recall it being a great game and that were were ahead at one point.

...or am I just a rambling old fool who is making it up???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports