Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remember the last time we played Arsenal

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Never forget the last time we played Arsenal at the Goldstone. For me, it was about the time I really got into the Albion. Great game and we played really well, lost 2-1 in the end. Gary Nelson's equaliser was a beauty! Loads of punch ups after the game, we ran them ragged and it was great (are we still allowed to say these things?) they set fire to Hove station waiting room.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
We also played them in a 2-2 draw at the Goldstone in 1990-91 for Steve Gatting's testimonial.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Which game did Mike Trusson miss an 'open goal' header, in front of the South Stand?

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
First and only time I have been punched.

A milk bottle bounced off my shoulder and hit my friend on the head, those were the days.
I'll be taking my little girl this time round, her first ever game. The game has changed so much since then, mainly for the better.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It was the game in 1987/88 that Trusson had a free header that he headed straight at John Lukic.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
What I remember vividly about that game is that we played Southend in a freight rover trophy game a week or so before the arsenal game & it was advertised that if you attended that game you would receive a stub guaranteeing you a ticket for the arsenal game.On the night of that game I arrived at the goldstone about 15 minuetes earlier than normal & the queues to get in the north stand stretched close to the east stand entrances yet the match only attracted 7000 fans.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
What I remember vividly about that game is that we played Southend in a freight rover trophy game a week or so before the arsenal game & it was advertised that if you attended that game you would receive a stub guaranteeing you a ticket for the arsenal game.On the night of that game I arrived at the goldstone about 15 minuetes earlier than normal & the queues to get in the north stand stretched close to the east stand entrances yet the match only attracted 7000 fans.

Yes, remember that. During those times I reckon dustbins of cash went missing, we played Bournemouth round about that time and people were standing in the aisles, yet the attendance was reported as no bigger than the average.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
If my memory serves me correct I think we may have played Northampton in round 1
Brentford in round 2 (when nelson scored that wonder goal) Bournemouth in round 3 when deadly doug (rougvie) scored & arsenal in round 4

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I remember running from a hail of bricks as I walked down the Drive with my dad.

I was only 13 but was well up for it...............my old man just told me to leg it so I did as I was told.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Never forget the last time we played Arsenal at the Goldstone. For me, it was about the time I really got into the Albion. Great game and we played really well, lost 2-1 in the end. Gary Nelson's equaliser was a beauty! Loads of punch ups after the game, we ran them ragged and it was great (are we still allowed to say these things?) they set fire to Hove station waiting room.

I had forgotten about the fire, I vividly remember the police trying to rick a car away from the building as they were concerned it might catch fire.

I have just pulled out the programme from the match, he is excited and looking forward to the game.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What a game that was. Still remember nelsons equaliser and the very last massive goldstone crowd.

Fantastic memories. We played so well for a 3rd division side and they just edged it. Think Perry Groves got their winner?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What a game that was. Still remember nelsons equaliser and the very last massive goldstone crowd.

Fantastic memories. We played so well for a 3rd division side and they just edged it. Think Perry Groves got their winner?

Yep.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
image.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here