Redknapp and the jury's out (merged) ** NOT GUILTY**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Absolute f***ing joke. Obviously the defence of 'Im a retard' is the way to go in the future!!
It's posters like you that are the joke. You weren't at the trial, you know nothing about the case, you just think he's a bit dodgy so must be guilty. Well he's not guilty, the jury has been pretty quick to unanimously determine they'd done nothing wrong.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
So can we all accept 'gifts' from our employers now? I work on a bonus scheme, can this be declared as a gift for the work i have done?

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
It's posters like you that are the joke. You weren't at the trial, you know nothing about the case, you just think he's a bit dodgy so must be guilty. Well he's not guilty, the jury has been pretty quick to unanimously determine they'd done nothing wrong.

:thumbsup:

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Absolute bollocks. I've followed this trial. He was never in a million years guilty.

Rubbish, hes guilty as they come. My old man was a tax inspector for 20 years, said the case couldnt of been more clear cut.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Rubbish, hes guilty as they come. My old man was a tax inspector for 20 years, said the case couldnt of been more clear cut.

Oh. Quick, better phone up the CPS and tell them then.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
So can we all accept 'gifts' from our employers now? I work on a bonus scheme, can this be declared as a gift for the work i have done?

Well no, as he was found not guilty of an offence. Won't become case law. It's what the judge says that is case law and holds precedent for future cases, and even if this was the case and the judge wrote his judgement that made it 'ok' it would most likely get appealed in the court of appeal and therefore override it anyway.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
5% of £8m is £400k a lot more than £30k.

That are not the sums involved BG. The 5% reference is the reduction in his part of the payout. This doesn't reflect how much was paid into his foreign account. The tax payable on that would have been closer to £30k. As is now proven, that was an investment account setup by Mandaric, and not cash for Harry

SweBHAFC

Nov 16, 2009
My 2 cents are;

1) It is fair to assume that your employer deduct the neccessary taxes before paying you a salary.
2) I don't check what bank account my employer use to pay my salary.
3) An off-shore account is not illegal.

With that said, I think that Harry knew what was going on but there is not enough evidence to support a guilty verdict.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing

Im pretty sure i know more than you regarding tax evasion and have been following the case very closely. What I do know is that for every other tom dick and harry the defence of 'I didnt know i had to declare it, I dont even write my own team sheets' Wouldnt wash.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
f***ing joke.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Well no, as he was found not guilty of an offence. Won't become case law. It's what the judge says that is case law and holds precedent for future cases, and even if this was the case and the judge wrote his judgement that made it 'ok' it would most likely get appealed in the court of appeal and therefore override it anyway.

How did he say the money got into his account, and what was the money for? If it was a investment, then can we all have investments rather than a 'bonus'.

Either way, i bet there will be football managers and chairman up and down the country looking at how they can do the same thing, and save paying tax.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Oh. Quick, better phone up the CPS and tell them then.

They can only put the case forward. Its the jury who decide. Quite clearly they have got it wrong. Otherwise please explain to me why he doesnt have to declare it? Or why it took him years to eventually do so, only when he was backed into a corner.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My 2 cents are;

1) It is fair to assume that your employer deduct the neccessary taxes before paying you a salary.
2) I don't check what bank account my employer use to pay my salary.
3) An off-shore account is not illegal.

With that said, I think that Harry knew what was going on but there is not enough evidence to support a guilty verdict.

This.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Another wonderful choice of photo from the BBC

_58359267_harry_redknapp_promo_getty6.jpg

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The best at club management, maybe. International management is a different beast completely. The problem comes in that not many people have undertaken international management to any great extent so when picking a good club manager, there is always going to be a bit of a gamble going on.

Agreed. And that is why it's a very difficult appointment. Club managers are usually good at identifying players to sign, bring in and improve the side. Whereas managers who are good at making the best of what they have at their disposal will have the question mark of whether they can handle the big name players, as they were probably at a club without them, or they would have been the manager signing loads of players.

What always amazes me is how good Germany are at giving it to rookie managers.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
They can only put the case forward. Its the jury who decide. Quite clearly they have got it wrong. Otherwise please explain to me why he doesnt have to declare it? Or why it took him years to eventually do so, only when he was backed into a corner.

You are mugging yourself off now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports