Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Redknapp and the jury's out (merged) ** NOT GUILTY**

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Seeing that he can't use a computor,e-mail,text,read or write therefore unable to fill in a team sheet is that why squad numbers were brought in ??

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Im pretty sure i know more than you regarding tax evasion
I'm not particularly green, but I can believe that.
and have been following the case very closely. What I do know is that for every other tom dick and harry the defence of 'I didnt know i had to declare it, I dont even write my own team sheets' Wouldnt wash.
:facepalm: Seriously, you're being dim. After several days in court you're just assuming his defence consisted of 'I didn't know'. One thing you can be sure of is that Harry is richer than all the members of the jury, and that they pay tax, so I don't think it would have gone down too well if that was his defence - they would definitely have found him guilty. I remember hearing that part of his argument as the trial unfolded - if I had been in the jury I'd just have ignored it. You're either paying your tax, or your not. And as upsetting as it seems to you, it looks like he paid his.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Otherwise please explain to me why he doesnt have to declare it? Or why it took him years to eventually do so, only when he was backed into a corner.
Since you've asked nicely:

1) How did the tax man find out about the money: because Harry told them he had an offshore account which received the money (ie, he did declare the money)
2) It would appear that there's no contractual reason why MM paid him the money, so it was a gift, which Harry couldn't pay tax on. MM had already paid tax before making the gift, so he wasn't making it as a tax deductible expense (which it would be if it was payment for services). MM also doesn't seem to be trying to diddle the tax man, as shown by how he paid for taxes already owed by Pompey when he bought the club (he could have gone the Palace route and paid a penny in the pound, but he paid the lot).

You don't have any evidence at all that a crime was committed.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Capello is a good manager - we qualified for the euros in some style. He is also a decent bloke and, whether you agree with his position over the Terry thing or not, I think he will have resigned for what he considers to be good and principled reasons.

I don't think Harry will get the England job. Although he has been cleared, has he been tainted by the court case and will there continue to be suspicions around the barrow boy image?

If you want an English (British) manager, I would go for Martin O'Neill. Would Northern irish be acceptable?

And even if Harry were to get the job, I think Gus is way out of the running for the Spurs job. he is proving himself at Championship level, and is still learning. The expression "unproven at this level" surely comes in to play for Premiership/European stuff.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Did my eyes deceive me, but was that Paul Samrah being interviewed on Sky News about this last night...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Did my eyes deceive me, but was that Paul Samrah being interviewed on Sky News about this last night...

Sorry to bounce this, but I'm sure Paul Samrah was interviewed on Sky News last night in the studio. I was in a pub but had had only one Guinness at the time.

Definitely him.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Sorry to bounce this, but I'm sure Paul Samrah was interviewed on Sky News last night in the studio. I was in a pub but had had only one Guinness at the time.

Definitely him.

Probably considered an expert in football accounting by the media.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here