Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Redknapp and the jury's out (merged) ** NOT GUILTY**

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Come on lads and lasses,which way will this go ? Guilty,with a fine and 200 hour community service order at Arsenal !!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Get off scott free and will be England manager by the end of this week.

D

Deleted member 18477

Let him go free. Get him in the England hot seat now and tell that Italian twat to finally f*** off and return to being the postman he truly is!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i reckon he'll blag it ,get a fine and pay the tax owing on the amount in question and a twelve minute speech from justice winklebreath or whatever his name is....about being an example to society.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They should not take too long to find him guilty.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Depends if there's any Spurs fans on the jury.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
here's the question. If he gets locked up and is still inside when terry's* case comes round, do you think he'd pick him as captain?

* yes I know that Terry's is likely to be a max 2500gbp fine but just give me some comedic license

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
which book ,beckham's book , tony adams's or perhaps some shakespear or a mr meddle....???

I would suggest something Dickensian would be appropriate on his birthday (and he lived in the Porstmouth area, so brings it right up to date with the dealings in hand).

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
My guess is that he'll be found guilty. The evidence against him is compelling and his only defence seems to be that he has paid millions in tax, so why would he dodge a 30k payment, unless I missed something (which is, of course, entirely probable!)

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
He's a little bit whoooooooah, he's a little bit wheeeeey, he's a GEEZER!!

I want him guilty though, Roy Hodgson as England manager has waaaaaay more comedic potential than 'Arry.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Anyone else would be found guilty but i bet he's hired such good lawyers that he'll get off

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
My guess is that he'll be found guilty. The evidence against him is compelling and his only defence seems to be that he has paid millions in tax, so why would he dodge a 30k payment, unless I missed something (which is, of course, entirely probable!)

Is it really just a 30k payment? That does seem odd that he'd skip such a small one (unless there's a whole lot more that the HMRC haven't found yet).

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If he is found not guilty, it could have serious ramifications for HMRC. As British law is based on case law (ie what happens in one case has bearings on future cases) It would establish the principle that someone's employer could pay a bonus and if the employer said that it was a gift, then no tax would be paid on it. HMRC could be looking at losing a lot of money over this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here