Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons why I'm voting for UKIP

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
..making many people fearful of flying it in case they are associated with the far right...

Giving leftwingers with a pathological hatred for the UK, its history and people a weak excuse to ban/not fly it you mean. Most people are patriotic and intelligent enough not to associate it with the far right. The question is why did the left? Or have i answered my own question?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Regardless of whatever anybody says, UKIP have without question tapped into a massive dissatisfaction with the EU within the UK. The results of the election will demonstrate that - the only unknown is by what magnitude. If their success galvanises the main parties into actually doing something then their job will have been done. For Nick Clegg I think this may be a fatal blow, however.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Regardless of whatever anybody says, UKIP have without question tapped into a massive dissatisfaction with the EU within the UK. The results of the election will demonstrate that - the only unknown is by what magnitude. If their success galvanises the main parties into actually doing something then their job will have been done. For Nick Clegg I think this may be a fatal blow, however.
No No! Nick Clegg was on last nights news saying the economic recovery was due to the Lib Dems playing a bit part in the Government...surely he wasn't telling porkies...Oh! and goodbye Cleggy.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
UKIP have got both Tory and Labour worried and both will have to accept some of their policies to keep them in the running,in fact the Libs could poll so low that Ukip may well be part of a coalition,its going to be very interesting how Cameron and Milliband will change to save their party.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

A sensible post.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Anyway, just got in from work and the polling stations were not open when i left this morning. so quick cuppa and then off to put my X's in the boxes.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Anyway, just got in from work and the polling stations were not open when i left this morning. so quick cuppa and then off to put my X's in the boxes.

Wasting your time...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
No good whinging and moaning if you can not be bothered to vote imo.

There's the same old statement being thrown around! Total bollocks, if you know they're all in it together and we're all just their puppets on strings, why would I vote for the sake of it?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

At the age of 57-going on 58 in July---I have only voted once (when I was an innocent lad of twenty?)
In my view every Party should get one year to get us out of the crap we are normally in.
If they don't they should all be taken out and shot.
This should sharpen their minds somewhat :eek:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
There's the same old statement being thrown around! Total bollocks, if you know they're all in it together and we're all just their puppets on strings, why would I vote for the sake of it?

More or less my take on politics, they are all well rehearsed liars from the greens to the conservatives, will say anything beforehand and then suffer total amnesia once in office

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I'm no fan of many a politician but having met a few over my years I'd suggest what you've just posted is total bollocks. Have you bothered to read each parties policies and compared them ? I'm guessing what you really mean by your post is that you can't be bothered to actually assess what each party is offering - typical "soundbite" youth.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm no fan of many a politician but having met a few over my years I'd suggest what you've just posted is total bollocks. Have you bothered to read each parties policies and compared them ? I'm guessing what you really mean by your post is that you can't be bothered to actually assess what each party is offering - typical "soundbite" youth.

I hope your vote brings you a life time of happiness.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I hope your vote brings you a life time of happiness.

So clearly you haven't compared the policies of different parties then ? Just the normal "politicians are crap" sheep ? And people wonder why we get poor politicians - it's because of people like you.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Thats right. I served under the white ensign, a signalman no less, who raised it many times, and its terribly sad, that the right wing have hijacked the flag...making many people fearful of flying it in case they are associated with the far right...which is probably how this occurred...I wouldnt mind that much if they didnt ****ing desecrate the thing with idiotic slogans, but its done now, and sadly, will take some time to reverse.

Twenty years ago the St Georges Cross was seen by some people as a flag of the National Front and the football hooligan. Those people lacked the courage to take the flag back and just whimpered that they were uncomfortable with its symbolism. Times change. The flag has lost its connection with the far right in my view, pubs openly raise the flag when national events come along, you can see hundreds of thousands of flags on cars during football tournaments etc. The world HAS changed.

Then people like Dave come along and try to tell us that people who are proud of their country, their flag and their culture are all racists. Now he is telling us to be ashamed of what our national flag is connected with, in his opinion. This is the bloke who will travel 800 miles to Brighton to confront people who are proud to be English, who originally organised a family day out to celebrate St Georges Day, but have now been hijacked by the far left and their violent thugs (sound familiar Dave?). The original MFE guys brought their kids, and had a family day in Steine Gardens. Dave and his mates didn't like that, and so MFE became what it is now, an excuse for extremists from both sides to have a row. But at least the MFE guys have the balls to voice an opinion about THEIR lives and the lives of those around them.

Dave on the other hand forces his opinions on the lives of others. He doesn't live here, but tells people that do live here that their opinion is invalid. He berates the far right for bully boy tactics and violence, but travels here to confront them. He chooses to live in another country but tells us to be ashamed of our national flag.

But the coup de gras? He travels here for confrontation, argues against the opinions of people who live here, but runs off back to Prague and spouts that he knows best.

As the saying goes, 'Not worth that'.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
So clearly you haven't compared the policies of different parties then ? Just the normal "politicians are crap" sheep ? And people wonder why we get poor politicians - it's because of people like you.

Iv compared many times in the past but as many have stated on here once a party gets elected most of their policies/promises go out the window. I'm far from a sheep, you're more of a sheep by going along with the corrupt saga we call democracy!

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Iv compared many times in the past but as many have stated on here once a party gets elected most of their policies/promises go out the window. I'm far from a sheep, you're more of a sheep by going along with the corrupt saga we call democracy!

Given your earlier question regarding how you should decide who to vote for I struggle to believe you've compared different party policies.

So you don't like democracy ? What would you suggest we replace it with ?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Given your earlier question regarding how you should decide who to vote for I struggle to believe you've compared different party policies.

So you don't like democracy ? What would you suggest we replace it with ?

Of course I like democracy but I don't believe we live in a 100% Democratic society, in fact I think we are being very subtlety dictated without knowing it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here