Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons why I'm voting for UKIP

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Poor lad, and there was me going to put your name in the frame if those 400 houses get built in Sompting.

Bit far for Simmo to pick me up in the morning as currently its a five minute drive down Lewes road! Cheers though lol

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Poor lad, and there was me going to put your name in the frame if those 400 houses get built in Sompting.

Its only me and the Wrong un so I would probably PEG it halfway through that lot.

Its more like a fifty minute drive down the Lewes Road:ohmy:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So clearly you haven't compared the policies of different parties then ? Just the normal "politicians are crap" sheep ? And people wonder why we get poor politicians - it's because of people like you.

No it's because they're a bunch of self serving, PPE Educated, expense fiddling CJTCs who don't mind picking a party that suits their own rabid ambition because they know that, in power, they will simply have to trill out the party line or face the whips. They have no experience beyond grabbing their way up their own party's greasy pole. Whether it's dish faced Dave patronising foreigners and slashing basic welfare, Milliband not knowing the value of the weekly shop, Clegg abandoning all his principles, Farage hiring bigots to make up the numbers or KItcat slashing and burning his way through former friends in order to run this City they are all the same.

It doesn't need people to research the parties. Every party is hamstrung by it's ideology and need to appeal to a certain demographic. It needs a rethink from top down, non partisan politics and people running things who are qualified to run things rather than leech off the very voters who got them in.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I like it when David points out that 200,000 year is the equivalent of 2,000,000 in a decade (6.12). Thanks for saving me having to do the tough number crunching Dave!!!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I said that a council had refused to fly the flag in a council meeting in case it upset muslims...Dave asked me which council was it.
I supplied the answer. I didn't write the article and I predicted what sort of excuse I would get for it...and you wandered in and gave the sort of excuse I expected.....'if only one (very small) council did it...well done for proving me right.

You posted an article from the BNP website then predicted people would dismiss it as right wing propaganda.
:ffsparr:

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
You are probably talking about the party that runs the country. As i stated earlier, local elections were taking place as well. I looked at the local candidates, looked at what they proposed to do for my area......and voted for the one's that suited.
In fact my local vote went to a completely different party to my EU vote. The local votes was for Parish and Adur candidates.

Same here. Locally I voted for an independent candidate, dubbed "dogshit man" by me who at least knocked on my door personally to explain that his main interest is, you guessed it, dogshit and he gave me his solemn vow that he, if elected, would wage unrelenting war on dogshit and dog owners who leave their dogshit all over the parish.

The liberals? No mention of dogshit in their poorly spelt mail shots, just a picture of a sinister looking man with binoculars and some rubbish about seabirds in the estuary...not voting for that..lthe Tories? Again a worrying lack of dogshit, and they're right not to mention it as it is THEY who are the incumbents. Labour? They don't even bother round here...I think it might be labourites who are leaving dogshit everywhere.

I wouldn't vote for dogshit man in any national or European elections because, frankly, he seems a bit light on policies ther than dogshit but locally...I don't like dogshit any more than the next man so he gets my approval.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
No, I dont mean that at all. The hijacking of our flag by groups such as the EDL with the St Georges flag, and NF and BNP with the Union flag, makes normal people genuinly wary of being to be associated with it...sorry...I think youre wrong.

This is the problem though you are not thinking it through. You are aware that both extremes have a frothy mouthed obsession with each other? This extends to icons and Imagery. Most normal people do not give a shit. Seriously, I saw the far left get worked up about Nick Griffin singing a woody guthrie song, Who the **** cares beyond the bubble world of agitation politics? I see the BNP/NF with Union Jacks and I think so what?

Could you explain to me why I am supposed to be embarrased etc by the far right wrapping itself in the flag as you claim most people are? It lefties who try to make this baseless claim. Its not the first time the left has or does try to portray faux outrage as being symptomatic of the general population rather than what it is, a narrow minority political view with an even narrower agenda.

The Daily Mail is another example of leftwing angst dressed up as if its a general Zietgeist. Nobody middle road gives a shit about the Mail and its dodgy Journalism, they would though eventually come looking for people like you, well armed, if you tried to ban it. In the same way people ignore your hang ups about the jack untill you try to ban it.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
No it's because they're a bunch of self serving, PPE Educated, expense fiddling CJTCs who don't mind picking a party that suits their own rabid ambition because they know that, in power, they will simply have to trill out the party line or face the whips. They have no experience beyond grabbing their way up their own party's greasy pole. Whether it's dish faced Dave patronising foreigners and slashing basic welfare, Milliband not knowing the value of the weekly shop, Clegg abandoning all his principles, Farage hiring bigots to make up the numbers or KItcat slashing and burning his way through former friends in order to run this City they are all the same.

It doesn't need people to research the parties. Every party is hamstrung by it's ideology and need to appeal to a certain demographic. It needs a rethink from top down, non partisan politics and people running things who are qualified to run things rather than leech off the very voters who got them in.

Wow. Well said.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Same here. Locally I voted for an independent candidate, dubbed "dogshit man" by me who at least knocked on my door personally to explain that his main interest is, you guessed it, dogshit and he gave me his solemn vow that he, if elected, would wage unrelenting war on dogshit and dog owners who leave their dogshit all over the parish.

The liberals? No mention of dogshit in their poorly spelt mail shots, just a picture of a sinister looking man with binoculars and some rubbish about seabirds in the estuary...not voting for that..lthe Tories? Again a worrying lack of dogshit, and they're right not to mention it as it is THEY who are the incumbents. Labour? They don't even bother round here...I think it might be labourites who are leaving dogshit everywhere.

I wouldn't vote for dogshit man in any national or European elections because, frankly, he seems a bit light on policies ther than dogshit but locally...I don't like dogshit any more than the next man so he gets my approval.

Exactly, although your post made me smile, i got the underlying point. If you care or are concerned about, or indeed agree with what a local candidate plans to put into practice, then you vote for that candidate.
I did not really look at which party the candidate represented, just what they felt were the important issues for my constituency. You might be surprised (because of my perceived views on this board) who i actually voted for, locally that is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here