Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons why I'm voting for UKIP

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
UKIP is a joke. I can't believe they are actually popular. They don't support any mega-construction projects like HS2

You're seriously basing you lack of support of UKIP based on them not supporting HS2 ? :facepalm:

D

Deleted member 22389

UKIP is a joke. I can't believe they are actually popular. They don't support any mega-construction projects like HS2 or anything progressive in general. If they could they would fill up the channel tunnel.

Only the moron demographic see him down the pub smoking a fag and drinking beer on the TV and think of him as some kind of working-class hero.

Moron Demographic, I must be one of the morons then. That means I must have been a moron when I voted for Labour all those years ago.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
"Reasons why I'm voting for UKIP"............... is the answer because you believe the Earth is flat

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Whats the point of looking at UKIPs policies? Its just a stalking horse for the big 2 to see which way to jump if they get a massive vote(as it seems likely).

Its a single issue protest party thats been for many people a long time coming.

If it puts the grauniad readers of their morning meusli reading the headlines tomorrow then all the better.

Come on now, Looney. Are you really telling me you are voting for someone without reading their policies? You do realise that they will be empowered to vote in accordance with the mandate you have have given them by giving them your vote. As the Euro elections are proportional representation there will almost certainly be one UKIP member elected. When their vote loses you your job because UKIP have voted for deregulation of employment law, incidently making it easier to employ cheap foreign labour, will your muesli less Guardian readers bring you much solace?

But seeing it an EU scam the votes wont be counted or reported to the weekend. As they gave out pencils in booths this gives plenty of time to make corrections on the papers from the clever voters who found the secret fold.

Do you see why the EU is seen as a bit of a joke? They may as well installl Robert Mugabee in power given that the UK is a defacto banana republic. Mind you the EU "president" is elected like a pope by various countries bishops/leaders. Who sane wants all this crAP?

Oh, OK. I see why you chose the name Looney now. The question should be asked why we do not hold our election at the same time as everyone else? On that we can agree, but to suggest the whole thing is fixed is clearly a bit silly. If it was to be fixed they would have ensured that the likes of Farage never got elected in the first place.

Incidentally which President do you mean? President of the European Council, President of the European Commission, Presidency of the Council of the European Union or President of the European Parliament.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bit of a con putting the 'other' National independents party at the top of the ballot paper to confuse a lot of people . Wonder who's idea that was ??? Hope people see through it though unless they want to vote for them of course .

In 1994 a Literal Democrat stood in the European elections in the South West and polled over 10,000 votes.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I think the point everyone's missing is we don't actually live in a democratic society anymore and are very subtlety dictated.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
How is it typical Labour if only one (very small) council did it?
I said that a council had refused to fly the flag in a council meeting in case it upset muslims...Dave asked me which council was it.
I supplied the answer. I didn't write the article and I predicted what sort of excuse I would get for it...and you wandered in and gave the sort of excuse I expected.....'if only one (very small) council did it...well done for proving me right.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Its true, he did tell me.....he didn't say it was reversed a couple if days later due to stupidity, but he did tell me :)

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Come on now, Looney. Are you really telling me you are voting for someone without reading their policies? You do realise that they will be empowered to vote in accordance with the mandate you have have given them by giving them your vote. As the Euro elections are proportional representation there will almost certainly be one UKIP member elected. When their vote loses you your job because UKIP have voted for deregulation of employment law, incidently making it easier to employ cheap foreign labour, will your muesli less Guardian readers bring you much solace?

Oh, OK. I see why you chose the name Looney now. The question should be asked why we do not hold our election at the same time as everyone else? On that we can agree, but to suggest the whole thing is fixed is clearly a bit silly. If it was to be fixed they would have ensured that the likes of Farage never got elected in the first place.

Incidentally which President do you mean? President of the European Council, President of the European Commission, Presidency of the Council of the European Union or President of the European Parliament.

FTR I didnt vote, not on electral register and refuse to recognise the legitamacy of that clown outfit.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Its true, he did tell me.....he didn't say it was reversed a couple if days later due to stupidity, but he did tell me :)
To tell the truth Dave I did not know it had been reversed...I just don't have the time to read every newspaper and listen to all the news reports.
The fact that it has been reversed is good,but it proves it did take place in the first instance.
For the record,I don't think the far right have any justification in using the flag either.
The flag belongs to England and we should be proud to fly it on our national day.
Am I correct that you,like me served in the Forces and the alliegence we made to God,Queen and country.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Thats right. I served under the white ensign, a signalman no less, who raised it many times, and its terribly sad, that the right wing have hijacked the flag...making many people fearful of flying it in case they are associated with the far right...which is probably how this occurred...I wouldnt mind that much if they didnt ****ing desecrate the thing with idiotic slogans, but its done now, and sadly, will take some time to reverse.

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Don't start saying things like that as took me an hour this morning to walk to the polling station.
haha
Ive no idea if thats true or not, but you have to admit, after the last couple of weeks, it would be pretty funny if you have invalidated your vote.
I genuinly hope its not the case, but...

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Thats right. I served under the white ensign, a signalman no less, who raised it many times, and its terribly sad, that the right wing have hijacked the flag...making many people fearful of flying it in case they are associated with the far right...which is probably how this occurred...I wouldnt mind that much if they didnt ****ing desecrate the thing with idiotic slogans, but its done now, and sadly, will take some time to reverse.

Yes I was in the Andrew too...1954 to 1966...radar and ships diver,will PM you as a bunting tosser you might be able to help on a history project I'm working on......(imaginary thumbs up)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here