Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Radar Speed Cameras

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I came around the bend in Northlands Rd Haywards Heath yesterday and believed may have been speeding slightly. When telling my son he said that if you can see the van it is too late as it will have clocked you. Apparently standing outside of the shops/doctors surgery it gets people as they come around the bend from the hospital. Is this not illegal as I thought they had to be in full view? Has this van with a camera in it ever been challenged?

I know people will say I shouldnt have been speeding but I am not sure if I was and if so it would have been very marginally over 30 but am interested in the principal.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If you were doing under 35 you should be OK. The black rats are devious fuckers though.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
he is right about if you can see the van its too late though. i dont think mobile speed cameras have to be in plain view as long as there are warning signs. i've had a copper jump out from hiding behind a wall with a mobile hand held one once. he looked very silly. (wasnt speeding).

Princes Bold

Nov 14, 2012
To get a notice of intended prosecution within the next 14 days you would of have to of been doing 43 mph, this would be sent to you as a 35 mph offence. If this was your first offence or you did not having any points for speeding you might be offered a speed awareness course as opposed to points and fines. The course costs more than the fine ! The mobile vans do spend most of their time on NPR ops nowadays, looking for vehicles with markers and checking on Insurance and Road Tax Dodgers.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
To get a notice of intended prosecution within the next 14 days you would of have to of been doing 43 mph, this would be sent to you as a 35 mph offence. If this was your first offence or you did not having any points for speeding you might be offered a speed awareness course as opposed to points and fines. The course costs more than the fine ! The mobile vans do spend most of their time on NPR ops nowadays, looking for vehicles with markers and checking on Insurance and Road Tax Dodgers.

:facepalm:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

:facepalm:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
if you get done, it will be because they have photographic evidence of you breaking the speed limit. You may get offered a speed awareness course, but as far as a legal get out, its a very black and white offence. You were either breaking the law, or you weren't.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My query will be over the siting of the van with the camera HIDDEN in it, has this ever been challenged. At what distance does it take the photographs

D

Deleted member 2719

I came around the bend in Northlands Rd Haywards Heath yesterday and believed may have been speeding slightly. When telling my son he said that if you can see the van it is too late as it will have clocked you. Apparently standing outside of the shops/doctors surgery it gets people as they come around the bend from the hospital. Is this not illegal as I thought they had to be in full view? Has this van with a camera in it ever been challenged?

I know people will say I shouldnt have been speeding but I am not sure if I was and if so it would have been very marginally over 30 but am interested in the principal.

You will have been clocked at 36 as they won't do you at 35 but you probably were doing 31,they seemed to have a great rounding up process going at present,it needs challenging and it's exactly what i will be doing.
The Police really don't do a lot to improve there image do they.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
You will have been clocked at 36 as they won't do you at 35 but you probably were doing 31,they seemed to have a great rounding up process going at present,it needs challenging and it's exactly what i will be doing.
The Police really don't do a lot to improve there image do they.

2 people on speed awareness course I did on Friday were done at 35

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was told it was in excess of 10% + 2 for prosecution. i.e over 35 in a 30mph zone. Some years ago wife got done at 32mph with the old gun and box on the side of the road coming off of the Findon By Pass towards the valley, heading south, which at the time was a notorious trap.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Hmm, could they be extending the truth somewhat as i was told it is 10% + 3mph usually???

We were told on Thursday that 35 in a 30 is the minimum speed to get a SAC, ie 10% +2, not in excess of 35, which it also said in the letter from East Sussex county council. Either you're misinformed or its changed :)

Does that extra 5 mph really make THAT much difference to a journey?

If your speedo is bang on 30 you are actually going around 27 btw

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here