Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queues at Brighton station

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yup, that's get my vote. In fact clear out Bennett's Fields completely, apart from for designated club employees and accredited disabled supporters and fill that car park with 'ride' buses. Let existing Bennetts Field car users use the Park n Ride like everybody else. Simples.

Every time I get the Park n Ride, I think the same. Though it will never happen. It seems our car park is now famous nationwide, if anyone was listening to talksport after the game.

There has to be a way of making another exit from that bus area, which is just for buses and has no pedestrians crossing the exit or 1901ers in their Chelsea tractors. Priority surely has to be given to the PnR buses.

Anyway, still better than the train for an evening match.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
As an aside, I was going to use the Mithras House P&R yesterday, but saw at 5.30 that the A27 was already stacking up at Hollingbury. So I binned that idea and parked in Park Road about 100 yards up from the Hikers at 5.40. Was at the stadium for 6, and home afterwards before 10.30.

Lovely.
Out of interest what route did you walk from The Hikers to the ground? From the P&R bus it all looks like grass verge only?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The 7.22 was late leaving as they added an extra 3 carriages to the front, so if they could do it for this one they should do it for every one. All concerned have had 2 years to improve this situation and have added far too little thus far. Wembley Stadium has back to back to back 8 carriage trains waiting to fill & go. If needs be the 'normal' timetabje should be overhauled. This should be far the best way to get to ground not the most problematic

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Out of interest what route did you walk from The Hikers to the ground? From the P&R bus it all looks like grass verge only?

If you go wrong (as I did the first time) then yes, you end up on a grass verge walking up the sliproad towards oncoming traffic.

The right way to go is to head up Lewes Road towards the A27, go under the A27 (so you are on the north side) and just follow the footpath round to the right which goes alongside the eastbound carriageway.

Follow that and you'll come to the underpass by Falmer station. Under there, over the station footbridge, and there you are. 20 minutes.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I took a look at the bus option, after all I used to head down to St Peter's to catch the number 5 to Withdean. Whilst the 25 is very frequent the journey time to the Amex is around 30 minutes, I have no idea of the impact of heavy traffic in the area and would be just as concerned about missing the kick off going this way.

It takes 18 minutes from St Peters to the Uni slip road.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
If you go wrong (as I did the first time) then yes, you end up on a grass verge walking up the sliproad towards oncoming traffic.

The right way to go is to head up Lewes Road towards the A27, go under the A27 (so you are on the north side) and just follow the footpath round to the right which goes alongside the eastbound carriageway.

Follow that and you'll come to the underpass by Falmer station. Under there, over the station footbridge, and there you are. 20 minutes.
Or even easier, there's the underpass under Lewes Road at the bottom of Coldean Lane. Use this then the purpose-built mahoosive track up to the stadium beside the railway.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Or even easier, there's the underpass under Lewes Road at the bottom of Coldean Lane. Use this then the purpose-built mahoosive track up to the stadium beside the railway.

Ooh. I didn't know about that.

Looks like I'm Google-Earthing tonight.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
First time I opted for the bike yesterday, should have done it from day one. I appreciate lots of people have no other choice but to get the train. But if it is doable on your bike or even walking you at least don't get that hassle at the end.

The only downside if its pissing down, then it might no be the best choice.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
I know it is not an option for alot of people but having walked to and from London Road to the stadium a number of times I am surprised more people don't do it.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
I missed kick off. Got to Brighton 7ish and queued about 25 minutes.
Biggest concern is how is this going to work with Palace fans next week? Kettling us and them together is just asking for trouble.

This is an important point that's being overlooked. Last night was basically a match with no needle at all. Cramming 100s of people together in a very tight space before next Tuesday's game, particularly when many/most will have just necked 4 or 5 pints in double time, is a really bad idea. It has serious potential to be not just irritating but dangerous.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
This is an important point that's being overlooked. Last night was basically a match with no needle at all. Cramming 100s of people together in a very tight space before next Tuesday's game, particularly when many/most will have just necked 4 or 5 pints in double time, is a really bad idea. It has serious potential to be not just irritating but dangerous.

You're right. Cramming hundreds of people in a very tight space like this before the game will indeed be VERY irritating...................
thumbnail.aspx

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Got to Portslade Station at 6.30 and sat in my seat at Amex 12 mins after kick off - missing Bellemys goal.

Trains a complete @*£" up !

Support was immense :albion2:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You're not going to get fans to use the buses to and from Falmer when they can travel for free on the train. The travel voucher scheme needs to be overhauled to make it fit for purpose.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Maybe there should be a few double decker buses which leave from Brighton station to the ground to ease the load? What is the capacity of a double decker?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I know it is not an option for alot of people but having walked to and from London Road to the stadium a number of times I am surprised more people don't do it.

Does the footpath go all the way to London road from the stadium? What's it like for parking around London road station?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not being funny, but when we come next tuesday its going to be worse. We wont be allowed on the same train, and we will get priority. If the trains cant handle this, whats it going to be like when you get 35,000?

Sussex Police haven't had a demo or rally for ages to hone their customer service skills with the public. Dont be surprised if you are all "kettled" into train carriages that will remain locked at Brighton station until they decide what to do with you. The police dogs are being fed early on Tuesday morning , they will be well irritable and hungry by the evening. As regards priority , it will be the commuters who are looked after first , football fans are further down the list.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Maybe there should be a few double decker buses which leave from Brighton station to the ground to ease the load? What is the capacity of a double decker?

80 but that includes having 15 passengers standing up (if some of them move down to the back of the bus)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The double Decker we hired for the donny game had 94 seats.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Reading run a lot of buses from Reading town centre to the Madesjki and that ground's miles out of town, in the middle of nowhere, with no train station nearby. They've got a similar capacity to the Amex as well.
Yep and also they have away fan shuttle buses and home fan shuttle buses,the club could easily arrange this.just have loads of buses ready and game over.

Can't see why this isn't in place as its so so simple???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here