[Football] Promotion Calculator

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
ALBION

Forest (a) Draw
Fulham (h) Win
QPR (h) Draw (wobble)
Charlton (a) Win
Derby (h) Win (Derby saving their strength for the play-offs) 11 pts GD + 4 = 86

Boro (a)

BURNLEY

Leeds (h) Win
Birmingham (a) Win
Boro (h) Draw
PNE (a) Draw (wobble)
QPR (h) Win 11pts GD +6 = 88

Charlton (a)

BORO

PNE (h) Win
Reading (h) Draw (wobble)
Bolton (a) Win
Burnley (a) Draw
Ipswich (h) Draw (wobble)
Birmingham (a) Win 12pts GD +7 = 88

Albion (h)

HULL

Huddersfield (a) Draw
Wolves (h) Win
Reading (a) Lose (wobble)
Leeds (h) Win
Brentford (h) Win
Bolton (a) Win 13 pts GD +5 = 82

Rotherham (h)

That would provide the weird scenario going into the final day of the season that the team in 1st place are not promoted but the team in 2nd place are promoted! Actually, I suppose Goals Scored could come into play, but you know what I mean!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Banana skins :

ALBION

Forest (a) :banana: :banana:
Fulham (h) :banana:
QPR (h) :banana:
Charlton (a) :banana:
Derby (h) :banana: :banana:

Boro (a) :banana: :banana: :banana:

BURNLEY

Leeds (h) :banana:
Birmingham (a) :banana: :banana:
Boro (h) :banana: :banana: :banana:
PNE (a) :banana: :banana:
QPR (h) :banana:

Charlton (a) :banana:

BORO

PNE (h) :banana: :banana:
Reading (h) :banana: :banana:
Bolton (a)
Burnley (a) :banana: :banana: :banana:
Ipswich (h) :banana: :banana:
Birmingham (a) :banana: :banana:

Albion (h) :banana: :banana: :banana:

Basically, lots of bananas

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Really? I hope it's long since done and dusted.
If you had the choice now, that it's (top 2) done and dusted before the last game, or it's not (no further information available, don't know which teams are top 2), would you take it?

I guess I wouldn't. We have to get 6 more points than Burnley over 5 games for them not to be able to catch us. They need 1 more point than us over 5 games for us not to catch them.

PS - Obviously I know you meant you'd like it to be done and dusted with us top 2.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That would provide the weird scenario going into the final day of the season that the team in 1st place are not promoted but the team in 2nd place are promoted!
How the **** does that work?
Actually, I suppose Goals Scored could come into play, but you know what I mean!
Nope, no idea. How can the team in 3rd be able to overtake the team in 1st, but not be able to overtake the team in 2nd?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
How the **** does that work?
Nope, no idea. How can the team in 3rd be able to overtake the team in 1st, but not be able to overtake the team in 2nd?

Yup pretty much what you said. In that scenario, if Burnley lost they can still be overtaken by Brighton if we were to win.

I don't get it either...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yup pretty much what you said. In that scenario, if Burnley lost they can still be overtaken by Brighton if we were to win.

I don't get it either...
I think he's gone cold turkey

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Boss.gif

If we go into the final match 2 pts behind Boro and Burnley (on say 88 to 86 pts) we have to win at Boro. Boro or Burnley could be top with a minute to go and still end up third.

Last edited:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Exactly what I got

I think it's very difficult to see us finishing above Boro. They've had their wobble and look nailed on for promotion. For all the optimism of this week, Burnley looks more and more like a missed opportunity to have put us in pole position. That said, I expect us to beat Forest and Charlton but drop points at one or more of the home games. It's going to be very, very close. Knowing the Albion it'll be down to the last match at Boro.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I think it will go down the the final game as points will be dropped between now and the end of the season by the three main clubs chasing the top two.

Interesting listening to Warren Aspinall on Tuesday night he seems convinced that Burnley will fall away in the last few weeks, I'm not so sure as they have experienced promotion within the last couple of seasons. WA said he thought Burnley had a strong fifteen players but little back up, now I wouldn't wish injury to anyone player but.......

My main concern is goal difference as taking this into account we are technically a point behind if level at the end of the season, we might need to dish out a couple of sound thrashings.

Boro away could become our modern day equivalent of Hereford.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My main concern is goal difference as taking this into account we are technically a point behind if level at the end of the season, we might need to dish out a couple of sound thrashings.
My main concern is that we're 2 points behind Burnley, and a point + game behind boro. You can forget sound thrashings, we will not finish top two on GD. Fact.

oncearedalwaysared

Mar 30, 2016
Don't worry guys... if we're promoted by then, (remember Dyche doesn't really like us and the feeling is somewhat reciprocated) we may let you sneak the point(s) you need...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't worry guys... if we're promoted by then, (remember Dyche doesn't really like us and the feeling is somewhat reciprocated) we may let you sneak the point(s) you need...
May? Can we have a little more assurance please?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
My main concern is that we're 2 points behind Burnley, and a point + game behind boro. You can forget sound thrashings, we will not finish top two on GD. Fact.

So goal difference will have no say in it. I really wouldn't be so sure, with six games to go one or two point lead isn't a lot, however on the final day GD could be worth a point, the difference between playing out a dull hard fought draw or having to win.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I had us finishing 6 points adrift of Boro and 7 adrift of Burnley.

I have a horrible, horrible feeling we'll end up playing Derby again in the Play-offs. Please God NO.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So goal difference will have no say in it. I really wouldn't be so sure
Of course GD could have a say in it, but we won't be the beneficiaries. If we finish level on points, we don't make it. It's too late to start trying to catch up the GD.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here