Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Promotion Calculator

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
How the **** does that work?
Nope, no idea. How can the team in 3rd be able to overtake the team in 1st, but not be able to overtake the team in 2nd?

Yup pretty much what you said. In that scenario, if Burnley lost they can still be overtaken by Brighton if we were to win.

I don't get it either...

I was thinking if Boro lost, Burnley wouldn't need anymore points to finish above them, assuming their Goals Scored would put them above Boro if equal on Goal Difference. It's nonsense though because that would only work if they didn't have to play! They could get beat on the final day too, had a bit of a brain fart.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Well how about that...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
ALBION

Forest (a) Draw
Fulham (h) Win
QPR (h) Draw (wobble)
Charlton (a) Win
Derby (h) Win (Derby saving their strength for the play-offs) 11 pts GD + 4 = 86

Boro (a)

BURNLEY

Leeds (h) Win
Birmingham (a) Win
Boro (h) Draw
PNE (a) Draw (wobble)
QPR (h) Win 11pts GD +6 = 88

Charlton (a)

BORO

PNE (h) Win
Reading (h) Draw (wobble)
Bolton (a) Win
Burnley (a) Draw
Ipswich (h) Draw (wobble)
Birmingham (a) Win 12pts GD +7 = 88

Albion (h)
So you've now got the top 3 all on 88 points.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have all three teams ending on 89 points with us missing out on goal difference.

But that assumes a draw at Boro. If we win we are up as Champions.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
That's it. 4 more wins and Boro beating both Burnley.& Us. Millions of permutations, but this is the one......

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Points from next 4:

Boro 10 = 92
Burnley 8 = 88
Brighton 10 = 88

Meaning even a win at boro we miss out on promotion on GD. If we don't win versus Fulham it's over

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Like the look of that, going into the last game certain of promotion, would like to think we could go for the win and become champions though! But hey, I'm not greedy...

As I said in another thread it's not winning any of those next 4 games that's bothering it's more that it will mean 6 on the spin, when was the last time we did that?

Assuming Boro are gone, and I think they are, it's the Brum v Burnley result that looks iffy, hopefully they can rally one more time

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
As I said in another thread it's not winning any of those next 4 games that's bothering it's more that it will mean 6 on the spin, when was the last time we did that?

Assuming Boro are gone, and I think they are, it's the Brum v Burnley result that looks iffy, hopefully they can rally one more time

Also we have only beaten Hull from all the teams in the top 7 this season,Derby and Boro to play so that can change.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Also we have only beaten Hull from all the teams in the top 7 this season,Derby and Boro to play so that can change.

I've got us to lose at Boro but beat Derby.

Unless they lose the next 1 or 2 then hopefully Boro will be promoted by the time we play them which may give us a slight edge.

As for Derby I'm hoping they might be conserving and doing whatever they need to avoid injuries in advance of the play offs. Wishful thinking maybe?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I've got us to lose at Boro but beat Derby.

Unless they lose the next 1 or 2 then hopefully Boro will be promoted by the time we play them which may give us a slight edge.

As for Derby I'm hoping they might be conserving and doing whatever they need to avoid injuries in advance of the play offs. Wishful thinking maybe?

I think we lose at Boro too,in fact a few weeks ago i wished that Hull had beaten Boro as due to Hulls cup games i thought their legs would fade and suspected rightly that Boro would push on...

As for wishful thinking,well it's possible....i have a bit of wishful thinking too and that is if we lose out on auto and lose to Derby,that we can start winning against these teams when it really matters,in the play offs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here