Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 20-22/5/23

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Well today has exceeded my expectations. Was hopeful we'd need a win to secure conference league, wasn't expecting to need a win to secure (all but) Europa League! Incredible stuff... please for the love of God let's not fvck up tomorrow... 🙏🙏🙏

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Am I mean for kind of hoping Villa miss out all together? I’d love us beating them final day meaning they miss out altogether, they’ve had one over on us so many times with hideous cheating and time wasting, I genuinely can’t think of a game I’ve enjoyed watching us play them.

And the accent is f**king shit as well.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
As fans we need to go tomorrow with BELIEF and TRUST they can get this over the line. Not a load of tension and hand wringing from the stands - that’s the last thing the players will need.
Or overconfidence and a casual approach ala Charlton where we think we will just turn up and win because we are playing a League One/relegated side.

We need to be up for it, and some of the posts here are saying “job done” and we haven’t kicked a ball

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The frustrating part about that Villa point is that even if we win 5-0 tomorrow it's not MATHMATICALLY over.... so no big party!
It is, really.
Arrogance from some plain and simple. We have no divine right to win tomorrow. We need a good performance and support.
Too much partying after the Wigan game - but we had further opportunities against Norwich and Villa and blew them both. It still rankles. It will be great to leave VIlla park next Sunday in a celebratory mood instead!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
2 down, 1 to go...

2 down, 1 to go.png

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I'm not sure if there is much difference financially between Europa league and conference when Premier League money is considered.
On the one hand, you get to play better European opposition in Europa, while confererance gives you a good chance to win a trophy.
Europa League gives the possibility of Champions League football if you win it which is very unlikely for a club like Brighton on league position despite this great season.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Am I mean for kind of hoping Villa miss out all together? I’d love us beating them final day meaning they miss out altogether, they’ve had one over on us so many times with hideous cheating and time wasting, I genuinely can’t think of a game I’ve enjoyed watching us play them.

And the accent is f**king shit as well.
Can guarantee there will be plenty of Dark Arts on display up there next weekend.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Or overconfidence and a casual approach ala Charlton where we think we will just turn up and win because we are playing a League One/relegated side.

We need to be up for it, and some of the posts here are saying “job done” and we haven’t kicked a ball
We’re not kicking a ball! We’re there to show we believe they can do it. They’re the ones who need to prepare against complacency, we need to prepare that they don’t need to feel any tension from the stands.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
We need to live in the present moment and not waste energy uselessly stuffing our minds with a result that may or may not be in our favour tomorrow. Right now I am enjoying the ride.....

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'm not sure if there is much difference financially between Europa league and conference when Premier League money is considered.
On the one hand, you get to play better European opposition in Europa, while confererance gives you a good chance to win a trophy.
Europa League gives the possibility of Champions League football which is very unlikely for a club like Brighton on league position despite this great season.
I just think making any kind of Europe would be an amazing reward - along with a club record finish. A few lads here getting onto me, I’m just seeing complacency and calling it out. I’ve been here before.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
We’re not kicking a ball! We’re there to show we believe they can do it. They’re the ones who need to prepare against complacency, we need to prepare that they don’t need to feel any tension from the stands.
Good point, well made. I maintain some people here are getting too ahead of themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here