Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 20-22/5/23

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm still glad Leeds have something to play for next weekend in case we need them to get a win or draw v Spurs.

That is how far I am not counting my chickens. Tomorrow is going to be a tough match full of pressure, we need to get behind the team in full voice but to celebrate one of the best Seasons ever and to spur them on for the win.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
I'm not sure if there is much difference financially between Europa league and conference when Premier League money is considered.
On the one hand, you get to play better European opposition in Europa, while confererance gives you a good chance to win a trophy.
Europa League gives the possibility of Champions League football if you win it which is very unlikely for a club like Brighton on league position despite this great season.
Also, I *think* I'm right in saying that, as one of the English representatives, we would go straight into the group stage if we were to qualify for the Europe League - which is a guaranteed 3 games in Europe - whereas we would have to go through a qualifer to get to the group stage of the Conference League. I'm not going to tempt fate by Googling this right now, so happy to be corrected!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Also, I *think* I'm right in saying that, as one of the English representatives, we would go straight into the group stage if we were to qualify for the Europe League - which is a guaranteed 3 games in Europe - whereas we would have to go through a qualifer to get to the group stage of the Conference League. I'm not going to tempt fate by Googling this right now, so happy to be corrected!
6 games n'est pas?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
6th place will be the FA Cup winners place so, yes. 6th = Group stage, 7th = Play Off for Conference League
Capture.PNG

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
No doubt at all that RDZ had a very clear eye on tomorrow with his team selection on Thursday. We’ll be fielding the strongest 11 available.
Yes.

Probably this:

————-———Steele————————-
Veltman—-Dunk———Colwill—Estupinian
————-Groß————Caicedo————
Enciso———Mac Allister———-Mitoma
———————Ferguson————————

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm not sure if there is much difference financially between Europa league and conference when Premier League money is considered.
On the one hand, you get to play better European opposition in Europa, while confererance gives you a good chance to win a trophy.
Europa League gives the possibility of Champions League football if you win it which is very unlikely for a club like Brighton on league position despite this great season.
Don’t give a f*** what we do in it right now mate - 3 European away games and if we come third in grouo you drop into conf knockout anyway - huuuuuge To get 6th

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here