Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 16-26/4/21

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Need a win still

Cocked it up yesterday and pretty disgraceful but we have another chance Saturday .

Long way off avoiding all this again next season but at least we will be there to live it

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
And we'll play like we've got everything to lose and WBA and Fulham will play like they've everything to win. We are one of the worst teams when we're under pressure. WBA under BFS will relish it. I don't care anymore shit season, we're relegated and that's that, stupid game

Alright Mr Doom & Gloom.

We’ve got Leeds at home and Wolves, Arsenal away.. we’ll definitely get some points and goals against that lot. Mark my words..none of them will park that bus. Sit back and chill out a bit.

Some people go on like we’ve never been in a bit of a relegation fight before. Yeah we’ve been a bit shit in front of goal, etc but I’d rather be us than Fulham or West Brom.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Alright Mr Doom & Gloom.

We’ve got Leeds at home and Wolves, Arsenal away.. we’ll definitely get some points and goals against that lot. Mark my words..none of them will park that bus. Sit back and chill out a bit.

Some people go on like we’ve never been in a bit of a relegation fight before. Yeah we’ve been a bit shit in front of goal, etc but I’d rather be us than Fulham or West Brom.

Our record against West Ham is pretty good too.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Always remember of course that Fulham or WBA, would have to increase their ppg in order to catch us, even if we did go LLLLL for the rest of the season

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
All the angst we are going through just demonstrates what a hollowed out shell of an experience the ESL would be. Imagine any of our Premier League seasons without relegation. They’d have all been effectively meaningless from late October.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Just reflecting on the angst of the last round of EPL matches, I think I'm right in saying that we're in the best position we've been all season, with the exception of a couple of games in January. I'm referring to the distance (in points terms) between us and 18th place. It's obviously currently 7 points, and it was (briefly) 10 points in January (albeit at the time Fulham had a game in hand on us). But it's much better to be 7 points clear with only 5 games to go, rather than 10 points clear with 16 games to go. So I'm reasonably optimistic, despite last night!!

Iford Albion

Jul 30, 2017
Just reflecting on the angst of the last round of EPL matches, I think I'm right in saying that we're in the best position we've been all season, with the exception of a couple of games in January. I'm referring to the distance (in points terms) between us and 18th place. It's obviously currently 7 points, and it was (briefly) 10 points in January (albeit at the time Fulham had a game in hand on us). But it's much better to be 7 points clear with only 5 games to go, rather than 10 points clear with 16 games to go. So I'm reasonably optimistic, despite last night!!

Nice to read something considered and logical on here this weekend.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton

Mainly agree, however we were as long as 65-1 to go down after the Chelsea game and now nearer 20s, so although it’s still very much “could be worse”, this weekend as a whole has not been great.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Well the players seem to think we are safe anyway.
Still 15 points for the taking for us, Fulham and WBA.
Anything could happen, it's the Brighton way don't forget and it has to be a concern.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

Yeah, we're still in great shape.

Even if we don't pick up another point for the rest of the season, Fulham would have an uphill battle to catch us.

But last night was our chance to really put things to bed, and we shat the bed!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

That's a nice perspective. The weekend feels bad as we've just put in a terrible performance against a terrible team. However, post the weekend of the West Brom loss we were only 3 points ahead with 12 games to go. If you'd told us we'd have a 7 point gap with only 5 games to go, we'd have grabbed that with both hands.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
[MENTION=33329]Jolly Red Giant[/MENTION] usually seems pretty clued up about the football business, I thought :shrug:

Nobody knows how much money Kindberg funneled into the club - what we do know is that he was convicted for fraud and the sums involved in excess of £1million. The other thing that is known is that there had been serious questions about the funding at the club from the time Potter became manager. It is indicated in one of the articles I linked below, that Potter received some of his income from the club and some of it from one of Kindberg's dodgy companies.

It is also the case that, while Östersund has an income on the lower end of the Swedish Allsvenskan, it is far from the poorest club in the division and in 2019 (the last season I can find financial records for) it had significantly more revenue than the likes of Falkenbergs, AFC Eskilstuna, Örebro and Sundsvall.

Bosse Svensson, Chairman of the Municipality of Östersund, has estimated that Kindberg's financial dealings has cost the municipality a total SEK 180 million (about £15.5million) and the municipality is suing Kindberg for SEK 13 million that it can show disappeared from municipal finances.

These two articles give a decent account of what happened at Östersunds and Kindberg's financial dealings and demonstrate that far from being a poor cinderella club that rose through the ranks because of the genius of Kindberg and Potter, it had a lot more money than the clubs it was competing against - and we knw where some of that money (possible a substantial amount of money) came from.

https://footballpink.net/2018-10-24-why-the-stersunds-fk-fairytale-demonstrates-that-football-isnt-always-black-and-white/

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2019/11/18/how-the-ostersunds-fairy-tale-turned-into-a-nightmare/

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Nobody knows how much money Kindberg funneled into the club - what we do know is that he was convicted for fraud and the sums involved in excess of £1million. The other thing that is known is that there had been serious questions about the funding at the club from the time Potter became manager. It is indicated in one of the articles I linked below, that Potter received some of his income from the club and some of it from one of Kindberg's dodgy companies.

It is also the case that, while Östersund has an income on the lower end of the Swedish Allsvenskan, it is far from the poorest club in the division and in 2019 (the last season I can find financial records for) it had significantly more revenue than the likes of Falkenbergs, AFC Eskilstuna, Örebro and Sundsvall.

Bosse Svensson, Chairman of the Municipality of Östersund, has estimated that Kindberg's financial dealings has cost the municipality a total SEK 180 million (about £15.5million) and the municipality is suing Kindberg for SEK 13 million that it can show disappeared from municipal finances.

These two articles give a decent account of what happened at Östersunds and Kindberg's financial dealings and demonstrate that far from being a poor cinderella club that rose through the ranks because of the genius of Kindberg and Potter, it had a lot more money than the clubs it was competing against - and we knw where some of that money (possible a substantial amount of money) came from.

https://footballpink.net/2018-10-24-why-the-stersunds-fk-fairytale-demonstrates-that-football-isnt-always-black-and-white/

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2019/11/18/how-the-ostersunds-fairy-tale-turned-into-a-nightmare/

That Östersund had more money than their competitors in the fourth and third tier was never a secret - I mean, they had a full-time employed manager which is something you very rarely have at that level in Swedish football. Everyone always knew Kindberg invested money in the club - its no more secret than Brighton having more resources than Tranmere Rovers back in the 2010/11 League One. That the money came from Kindbergs illegal dealings however did not get revealed until much later.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Thank you.

Built on sand and it appears potential criminality.

Kindberg comes across as the polar opposite of Potter as a person.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here