Pre-match music and tannoy announcer (Annoying)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Now I want an atmosphere at the ground and I'm desperate to get the fans going and us to create a real noise for the players but, what is all the Vindaloo and gee-ing up from Richard Reynolds all about?

East stand, make some noise....(oh please come on)

The first game against donny was understandable and very welcome as it was a party atmosphere and not a normal day, we had flags, we wanted a party and the over the top feel and it worked and was very apt.

But yesterday was just too much in my opinion, I love the pre-match 1 minute video on the big screens of goals of our history, but what the fcuk is the gee-ing up all about, it isnt party in the park!

It all felt a little bit like an MK Dons game yesterday before the match & even Blackpool commented on it. Please stop playing Gee-up music...or are we doing to make the thousends who havent been to game in a while to get them going, because I certainly dont need a pick me up when im at a game!

Not sure what the idea behind this is but I really hope it stops as it's cringe worthy.

Thoughts?

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Quite right. Silence should be observed until kick off so we can all enjoy a chat with out neighbours in the stand.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
who is the chap who comes on and says welcome the teams Brighton and Hove Albion verses Hull!

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
I much preferred the pre-match entertainment at Withdean.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I think it's cheesey. but every time I see that montage I get really pumped up and let's face it, it works as the atmosphere is great from the word go.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Jesus H Christ - some people will moan about anything, even the positive stuff that the club does.

Tell you what - email the club and tell them to drop it all , then we can all sit back quietly and enjoy Withdean like pre-match silences.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
I like it if only we could cut the game up into quarters we could have phases and more of the same

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I dont want silence, I just dont want to feel like im at party in the park, "Make some noise"

We need to be original and not have some tin pot DJ trying to get people Lively.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Jesus H Christ - some people will moan about anything, even the positive stuff that the club does.

Tell you what - email the club and tell them to drop it all , then we can all sit back quietly and enjoy Withdean like pre-match silences.

So having Richard Reynolds make you feel like your at a staged Mk dons franchise game is positive is it?

Lets not go from one extreme to the other, silence is not the point here....lets just not make it cringe worthy, cant be that difficult, as I want to feel im at football match....not some Heart FM fcuking roadshow.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
So having Richard Reynolds make you feel like your at a staged Mk dons franchise game is positive is it?

Lets not go from one extreme to the other, silence is not the point here....lets just not make it cringe worthy, cant be that difficult, as I want to feel im at football match....not some Heart FM fcuking roadshow.

Stop moaning. Its better than what we had before.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Stop f***ing moaning. Its better than what we had before.

Stop moaning you say, so im not allowed to voice an opinion of what the club is doing?

I spend a lot of money just like we all do and an opinion on a fans site is justified, even if you dont agree with it.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Totally agree with byf. The whole routine was an embarrassment and everything that is wrong with modern football.

And for the plums saying about sitting in silence, we didn't sit in silence for 90 minutes while the football was played and we won't sit in silence before the game as long as we're not drowned out by some pillock on a microphone and some fake atmosphere crap football song montage.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Am I going mad, or have they re-edited Sussex By The Sea, so we don't get two verses anymore, just one? :mad:
No, you're quite right. I'm pretty sure the playout used now is this:-

First verse:-
Now is the time for marching... (or Derr-derr-de derr de derr-derr, to quote the REAL words)
Now let your hearts be gay
Hark to the merry bugles, Sounding along our way
So let your voices ring my boys, And take the time from me
And I’ll sing you a song as we march along
Of Sussex by the Sea!

Then one chorus:-
For we're the men from Sussex, Sussex by the sea
We plough and sow and reap and mow
And useful men are we
And when you go to Sussex, Whoever you may be
You may tell them all that we stand or fall
For Sussex by the sea

And it just stops, right there - instead of going on to the refrain - the real heart of the song for Albion fans:-
Oh Sussex, Sussex by the sea
Good old Sussex by the sea
Oh we're going up and we'll win the Cup
For Sussex by the sea

Oct 25, 2003
i wasn't overly keen on the little MEDLEY they had before the game (why did they have vindaloo?!), apart from that i don't mind, i pay very little attention anyway until GOSBTS comes on

D

Deleted member 18477

14:20 Music of the clubs choice
14:40 Teams announced
14:45 Gullys Girls
14:52 Fatboy Slim Praise You
14.56 Video Montage of our goals and successes!
14:57 Huge welcome to our 2 teams ********* and Brighton and Hove Albion!
14:57.15s GOSBTS and teams walk out shake hands, take photos with ref etc.
15:00 Kick Off

SORTED!! ;)!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Yesterday was what I hoped it would not become, PA drowning out the crowd and the annoncer shouting into the mike so you could not have a conversation with the person next to you. However it appears its what people want, so hey ho. Just think the annoncer should be more proffestional and get guest and players names right, especially names like Vincelot, it cannot take much to check or ask the player person directly.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Personally I find the choice of tunes quite bouncy and mildly uplifting. That cynical cheerleading bloke on the pitch is definitely surplus to requirements tho. Let the music do the talking.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Yesterday was what I hoped it would not become, PA drowning out the crowd and the annoncer shouting into the mike so you could not have a conversation with the person next to you. However it appears its what people want, so hey ho. Just think the annoncer should be more proffestional and get guest and players names right, especially names like Vincelot, it cannot take much to check or ask the player person directly.

I agree with the point about making sure you get names right but I like most of the music and I do think it gets people going- wheather that is because it gets people going or because they want to drown him out doesn't really matter the point is it works

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports