Prague Advice *** I WILL TRY AGAIN****

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Shame..
Trouble is, our customers are not the best paid (Ukrainians) people here, so they just go out once at the weekends and get hammered, so friday, sat and sun are enough really... we tried opening the whole week when we first started, but Czechs wont come near the place as its known as a Ukrainian club now, and they really dont like Ukrainians...they fear them a bit as 1 in 20 people in CZ are Ukrainians..and bringing in security and bar staff for five or six people a night, during the week just isnt worth it.. which is why we are ending this place and looking for a bar rather than a club...plus of course, having Ukrainian club can be bloody dangerous, weve had probs with Ukrainian mafia, and only resolved that crap by hiring muslim Chechen mafia through my girls family.. and nobody fecks with the Chechens here...plus they are cheaper haha.. ..we had 170 in the place last week... thats cool...what isnt cool is at 4am were all fighting out in the street filling the entire street up.. they wont do it in the club because of the security people in the club, so they just go outside and neighbours are going apeshit at us... so its for the best I think...

We can still all meet up somewhere though... show you the delights of Zizkov..haha

Last edited:

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill
Shame..
Trouble is, our customers are not the best paid (Ukrainians) people here, so they just go out once at the weekends and get hammered, so friday, sat and sun are enough really... we tried opening the whole week when we first started, but Czechs wont come near the place as its known as a Ukrainian club now, and they really dont like Ukrainians...they fear them a bit as 1 in 20 people in CZ are Ukrainians..and bringing in security and bar staff for five or six people a night, during the week just isnt worth it.. which is why we are ending this place and looking for a bar rather than a club...plus of course, having Ukrainian club can be bloody dangerous, weve had probs with Ukrainian mafia, and only resolved that crap by hiring muslim Chechen mafia through my girls family.. and nobody fecks with the Chechens here...plus they are cheaper haha.. ..we had 170 in the place last week... thats cool...what isnt cool is at 4am were all fighting out in the street filling the entire street up.. they wont do it in the club because of the security people in the club, so they just go outside and neighbours are going apeshit at us... so its for the best I think...

We can still all meet up somewhere though... show you the delights of Zizkov..haha

wow im glad you are only open at the weekends Dave. It sounds like it would have been quite an experience

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
We stayed in Zizkov when we went last september - We visited some good local bars and restuarants in the area and they were all cheap. Main squares all worth seeing but they are alot more expensive than a couple of tram stops out.
Stuff to do wise - We did the usual toursit stuff e.g Petrin Tower and the funicular railway to the top, Zizkov tower with the Miminka babies climbing the tower (tram 9 out of the centre then a walk up a very steep hill). Prague Castle. The metronome at the top of Letna gardens, Strahov Stadium and some monastery with lots of different beers.

Overall it's a nice place

Hill doesnt look that bad in pic, but anybody who has walked up will tell you!!!!!

Attachments

• IMAG0630.jpg
    IMAG0630.jpg
    806.1 KB · Views: 16

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Not sure if you would know the name of a bar the wife and I went in - it was on Cimburkova on the left after a news agents as you go down the hill from Seifertova - a long place with loads of gaming machines bit dark and dingy - sort of place i thought what the hell a i doing walking in here. There was a bar at the end and some guys sitting round with a bottle of brandy on the table - looked like some sort of gaming going on - any way ordered a couple of beers seemed friendly enough dirt cheap as well. Police then rolled in talking to the bar man bottle of brandy had disapeared. Police said hello to the wife and i then left. Barman then smiled and gave us a free drink each so we then had a couple more. Seemed alright but one of those places i never felt quite confortable in. There was a nice bar across teh road from there - nice big place green lights and sold Hoeegarden and some Pilsner Urquel White beer. That was a nice cheap place.

If this is the place its called Ruleta Herna...Herna = dodgy haha....
Walked past the street last night, so took a pic..memories?
Einstein pizza place is just out of shot on the left of the pic..

Attachments

• IMAG0629.jpg
    IMAG0629.jpg
    823 KB · Views: 16

Grunty

Jan 16, 2004
Worthing
i went to Prague a couple of years ago- loved it.
Do go on the underground-old communist era design- amazing some of them.
I went to a bar/ restaurant owned by Budvar- great vibe- cheap food.[cant rmember itsname]
you can walk to most places so have a map= ones in a gide book are fine for this.
Have a peek at Tripadvisor for advice- i discovered a hidden basement restaurant off the main square through them.[you would never find this on your own]
Rough Guide book is good too.
Smokey jazz clubs- great little bars. The Rudolphinum- for classical concerts and exhibitions.

The best places to eat are often the hidden places- avoid the pricey restaurants in the square.

Sights- just walk over the old bridge- and wander.

enjoy

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Right, plans changed for October half-term so we can back for the Friday night Leeds game - Prague it is

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here