Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prague Advice *** I WILL TRY AGAIN****

WEVEGOT5FOOTCOX!

Oct 13, 2008
the desert- (middle east)
I'm off to Prague tomorrow with a large group of friends and family so all this info will prove useful. Will look out for that bar of yours [MENTION=14574]daveinprague[/MENTION] if I'm in the area any discounts for fellow Albion fans? :D

DEN_WSU

Jan 5, 2012
Brighton
I went to Prague a few years ago and found a club called Karlovy Lazne Club, was pretty cheap compared to other clubs and its spread over 5 floors with different music on each. Not sure if its still there but was good in 2009.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I went to Prague a few years ago and found a club called Karlovy Lazne Club, was pretty cheap compared to other clubs and its spread over 5 floors with different music on each. Not sure if its still there but was good in 2009.

Went there a couple of weeks back was ok about 130czk for a beer got pretty rammed as night went on to point was hard getting between floors!! They had some ice bar thing in there which was pretty random and about £6 for half an hour

Also for OP if you go to hoti peppers ask about deals as we paid about £14 for 10 beer vouchers on entry which was substantially cheaper than the bar prices

Went to Prague last year (May) to run the marathon, so I have seen 26.2 miles of it!

The Jewish quarter in the city centre is a must.
Castle is fine - but very touristy
The tower as previously mentioned
A fare number of museums too

Don't know about the naughty bits. Went with the wife!

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
went last year and you could easily get a pint of pilsner urqhaul in post pubs for a quid!

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
[MENTION=18846]sussexadz121[/MENTION] What dates are you coming to Prague? I've been meaning to visit [MENTION=14574]daveinprague[/MENTION]’s place ever since I moved here last year, maybe we could have a lil NSC piss-up?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Piss statue? Isn't that Brussels?

Here it is

1.1285205523.erin-kafka-s-pissing-statue.jpg

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I'm off to Prague tomorrow with a large group of friends and family so all this info will prove useful. Will look out for that bar of yours [MENTION=14574]daveinprague[/MENTION] if I'm in the area any discounts for fellow Albion fans? :D

Were only open friday, sat and sunday.. yeah, you get in free :0

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If you're after good cheap food then walk 10-15 minutes from the centres and pick a place full of locals ( did this a number of times and was never disappointed ). Altenatively, if you want a really upmarket meal then try The Blue Duckling. Any decent cab will be able to get you there.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
locals just wont eat in the center, and as a friend told me, the cooks all train at the same cookery school. Im always suprised by the quality of the food in Zizkov...some amazing food, well presented, tasty, massive..cheap..all the chairs in the restaurant prob wont match, but the foods alright... some interesting restaurants and bars that are cool..bit rougher than in town, but locals get pissed in places like that then head into clubs...

jimbo, better be quick, we are closing our place at the end of July, so you only have four weekends to do it...customers driving us nuts, so planning on getting smaller bar, hopefully in Zizkov.. love the vibe up there....haha...

on the subject of statues, theres one of a prostitute giving somebody a blowjob thats quite explicit haha...but its tucked away far from tourists...theres a pic on the net ive just seen, but wont put it here...

David Cerny the local art wunderkind wanted to put a statue of a 6ft man masturbating on the roof of the National theatre by Legii Most bridge...
Would have loved to have been in that council meeting haha..

You want to do what??

Attachments

• IMAG0604.jpg
    IMAG0604.jpg
    941.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
locals just wont eat in the center, and as a friend told me, the cooks all train at the same cookery school. Im always suprised by the quality of the food in Zizkov...some amazing food, well presented, tasty, massive..cheap..all the chairs in the restaurant prob wont match, but the foods alright... some interesting restaurants and bars that are cool..bit rougher than in town, but locals get pissed in places like that then head into clubs...

jimbo, better be quick, we are closing our place at the end of July, so you only have four weekends to do it...customers driving us nuts, so planning on getting smaller bar, hopefully in Zizkov.. love the vibe up there....haha...

on the subject of statues, theres one of a prostitute giving somebody a blowjob thats quite explicit haha...but its tucked away far from tourists...theres a pic on the net ive just seen, but wont put it here...

David Cerny the local art wunderkind wanted to put a statue of a 6ft man masturbating on the roof of the National theatre by Legii Most bridge...
Would have loved to have been in that council meeting haha..

You want to do what??

Not sure if you would know the name of a bar the wife and I went in - it was on Cimburkova on the left after a news agents as you go down the hill from Seifertova - a long place with loads of gaming machines bit dark and dingy - sort of place i thought what the hell a i doing walking in here. There was a bar at the end and some guys sitting round with a bottle of brandy on the table - looked like some sort of gaming going on - any way ordered a couple of beers seemed friendly enough dirt cheap as well. Police then rolled in talking to the bar man bottle of brandy had disapeared. Police said hello to the wife and i then left. Barman then smiled and gave us a free drink each so we then had a couple more. Seemed alright but one of those places i never felt quite confortable in. There was a nice bar across teh road from there - nice big place green lights and sold Hoeegarden and some Pilsner Urquel White beer. That was a nice cheap place.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Sounds like a Herna bar, and they are all mafia owned apparently. You never actually see many people in the places, full of gambling machines but generally empty. Ive always thought they must be money laundering in the places..

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill
[MENTION=18846]sussexadz121[/MENTION] What dates are you coming to Prague? I've been meaning to visit [MENTION=14574]daveinprague[/MENTION]’s place ever since I moved here last year, maybe we could have a lil NSC piss-up?

will be out in prague from early morning Tues 10th July until late Saturday 14th

sounds like a good idea to me matey !!

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I dont think ive ever been in any establishment other than McDonalds (not proud, I was hungry), and the Beer factory on Wenceslas....
If im in the area, i tend towards Vinohradska behind the Museum at the top of the square...some decent bars up that way..and clubs..LeClan, Techle Mechele in the area around Italska tram stop.
If you turn right at the top of Wenceslas, theres a place called YES club thats recently opened, and they seem to tend towards Dubstep and DnB....seemed decent when I went there as friend is one of the dj's.
Dont really remember if its still there or not, but theres one bar that delivers your beer via model railway... its in the arcade at the top of Wenceslas on the right hand side... meaning to go there to have a look, but havnt so far... not that exciting really...but if youre into it...and its still there..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciFAV5PAOrM

reviews for the place are not good though for service and food...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here