Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet to Sunderland

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
To be fair he's hardly gonna say 'I'm taking the club to court and I'm absolutely certain I'm going to lose' is he?

I agree. My statement is presented without prejudice. It is a simple repetition of what the player told me Gus had said to him. For what it's worth, the player also said he didn't know how Gus could be so sure.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I think he is more than happy for the truth to come out

In that case he could just do an interview. No legal comeback if it's the verifiable truth.

Quite. I read these threads with interest, then think: Why do I care - and does Poyet really care about us, when he so easily put his personal agenda ahead of the Clubs at such a critical point in last season? I suppose I will watch his career with interest but never quite with the same enthusiasm.

No doubt Poyet will eventually pick up another managerial job - and maybe Fulham would be a good fit for him.

But could be a bit awkward for him if he elects to continue with his case against The Albion with Fulham having been mentioned around the time his head was turned last season?

This whole quote is what I think, particularly the bit in bold, which for me is a sour parting legacy.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
In that case he could just do an interview. No legal comeback if it's the verifiable truth.

That disregards questions about the contract - from both sides.

If the club believes they have an unassailable case for dismissal on the basis of gross misconduct then this would amount to breach of contract by GP - so why are the club not in the process of starting a case to sue GP for their loss? - or maybe they are ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This would be a fascinating appointment for so many reasons, I hope Gus goes for it if they offer it :thumbsup:

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
This would be the icing on the cake that is the farce at Sunderland.
For me it would like being infatuated with a woman and worshiping from afar but believing you have no chance. Then just when you've realised what a nasty bitch she is and that beneath the powder and paint she's ugly as sin, she saunters over and says "I hear you fancy me, well shall we go ?"

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Perfect sort of club for Poyet to go to , i wish him and his interpreter good luck , they will need it .

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This would be the icing on the cake that is the farce at Sunderland.
For me it would like being infatuated with a woman and worshiping from afar but believing you have no chance. Then just when you've realised what a nasty bitch she is and that beneath the powder and paint she's ugly as sin, she saunters over and says "I hear you fancy me, well shall we go ?"

and you'll say yes without thinking because you're on the rebound and not thinking clearly.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
According to The Guardian, Gus is having reservations because the Sunderland director of football wields so much power. Surely that's going to be the same at any club he goes to at a higher level - there are going to be bigger hierarchies than we have at Brighton scrutinising every aspect of the playing budget and having a say on transfers in and out of the club, and I doubt Gus will ever get the autonomy he craves. Or anything like the autonomy he enjoyed with us, however limited he may have believed that was.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Adkins dropped his legal action vs Southampton when he got the Reading job.

Hope Gus does likewise, or has to as a condition of the job offer, if he goes there.

Good luck to him as well if he does. Perfect opportunity to rebuild his CV.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adkins dropped his legal action vs Southampton when he got the Reading job.

Hope Gus does likewise, or has to as a condition of the job offer, if he goes there.

Good luck to him as well if he does. Perfect opportunity to rebuild his CV.

There is a big difference though as I believe Adkins was paid by Saints right up to his appointment at Reading. I imagine we stopped paying Poyet the day he was sacked?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Poyet and Sunderland would be interesting bedfellows. He would create a much better bond with the players than Di Canio (shouldn't be difficult), get their focus back and adopt a decent playing style which the fans would enjoy. There are enough games left to achieve Prem survival although it won't be easy. That would be a good way for Gus to show he has Prem credentials.

But.......would Poyet accept being shackled by a Director of Football? We know he is volatile and likely to have the odd hissy fit.

I don't think Gus would be put off working in the grim north given his publicly stated love for Leeds, but suspect given a choice he would choose somewhere like Fulham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here