• Out

Votes: 80 20.9%
  • Fence

Votes: 71 18.6%

• Total voters

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The counter argument is that we're slow and predictable. Our attacking play comes from the same attacking direction all the time. There's never a counter attack to take advantage of space, at all. So we dominate and create some chances but they aren't the easiest.

We also have the worst set pieces in the league. That's just shocking that there has been no improvement. I constantly see people saying shout individual errors but constant ones mean there's something else fundamentally wrong somewhere. We aren't aggressive to clear the ball, we're passive as ****.

Finally, the substitions are god awful every game. Why he brings on Gross to slow the game down even more us beyond me. We never go to try and win a game in the last 10 minutes. It's really negative and his changes don't positively impact the game.

So yes, on the surface there's positivity around teh style of football. But there are issues that don't even remotely look being corrected after a calendar year. Do we just hope these issues fade away?

You're first two points are entirely valid, disagree with the third/final one though.

Disciple

Dec 27, 2020
Now there's the thing with football and football fans, someone a few posts back was saying the complete opposite, as in why can't we shut up shop late in the game. Damned if you do, damned if you don't...!

Shut up shop when ahead not when you've just conceded to go to 2-2. Shut up shop brings on someone like Veltman as a better defender. Gross is his go to and it's always the wrong choice, always.

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
Bit unnecessary, unless of course you know each other and this is a special endearment.

Neither but both comments are the truth. Why on earth would a Brighton supporter on any level want to keep this idiot as our manager is beyond me.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yet we never counter attack. Ever. So we have a good base strategy but no layers to it, so it's one dimensional. That's on Potter totally. We like teh base style, the passing and control of the game and chance creation. But why every time we get it do we slow it down and try to build really meekly?

When it comes to individual errors why is there no responsibility? **** up and you're out of the team. Make a mistake get substituted. It's always softly softly like the mistakes don't matter. And that runs through everything we do. Surely that's on Potter, surely you need to start doing something about them?

Welbeck @ Villa Park
The goals @ SJP

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
When it comes to individual errors why is there no responsibility? **** up and you're out of the team. Make a mistake get substituted. It's always softly softly like the mistakes don't matter. And that runs through everything we do. Surely that's on Potter, surely you need to start doing something about them?

So you’d drop Dunk after his catastrophic decision not to jump at a corner?

Do you think Potter has to tell a player like Dunk to always jump at a corner to compete for the ball?

OGH's Libido

Nov 30, 2014
In.

Not in the drop zone.

Playing decent football.

Concerned by our set piece defending and the form of Dunk. But encouraged by a more direct, urgent approach today.

I like his guts and willingness to experiment. We wont get better than Potter.

Its a tough league, and we dont have a divine right to be here, and we have only been taken apart once.

Keep the faith x

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
This is another of those weird NSC poll anomalies, only 1 in 5 Albion fans on NSC think Potter should go, yet the bulk of posts on here are leaning towards the "he should go, now!" camp...

Noisy, vocal minority dominate again!

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Neither but both comments are the truth. Why on earth would a Brighton supporter on any level want to keep this idiot as our manager is beyond me.

Well of course you are entitled to your opinion, although 3 times as many people want Potter to stay, myself included, or should I say deluded. POTTER IN. UTA.

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
Well of course you are entitled to your opinion, although 3 times as many people want Potter to stay, myself included, or should I say deluded. POTTER IN. UTA.

He's taking the albion down grow a pair. Hope you will be pleased POTTER IN .lol

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why, why should we be up with Newcastle - there's a sense of entitlement there.

What about Burnley, where should they be? Been up longer than us

Why shouldn’t we be closer to Newcastle or Burnley ?

Hasn’t Tony Bloom invested significantly more in the first team than both of those clubs owners ? And largely we’ve been in / around the same leagues as them in the last 10 years.

We really should have improved slightly on 17th

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Why, why should we be up with Newcastle - there's a sense of entitlement there.

What about Burnley, where should they be? Been up longer than us

I guess that depends on whether you think Newcastle have a better squad than ours. I don't, in fact I think ours is better and Newcastle have all sorts of Covid issues. We aren't entitled to be on the same points as them but I feel if Potter is as good a manager as he is supposed to be then we should be. What also worries me is that we have been relatively unaffected by major injuries or Covid the past couple of seasons - if we lose 3 or 4 major players to injuries we could be in deep trouble.

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
What are you? Five? Jog on you absolute plum, throw your rattle out of the pram ****.

I'll go where I want and say what I want and certainly not going to be told what to do

Lol you fuc#### tool

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Blinded by ineffective passing for a pointless possession stat.

Well if we look at stats, we have conceded the second least amount of chances in the league and are 7th for the number of chances created. Potter is setting up the team in a way that increasing our chances of scoring and defending a goal. We’ve missed a few although statistically not that many in terms of Xg, but have let in more than we should, mainly due to individual mistakes, although it could be argued we concede too many from set pieces which could be levelled at GP. Overall if you feel the need to blame someone, blame the players not the manager. UTA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here