Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter linked to Man United

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Not convinced Man U fans would want 70% possession and no goals. Not the sort of stuff they have been brought up on. Potter still has a lot to prove in terms of coaching forwards and goalscoring before he becomes a proper candidate for a top side.

Although he would never admit it, it must be one of his main irritants that the club has been unable to secure a 1st team ready striker to supplement our possession. Multiple young and upcoming signings and still no progress for 4 seasons must grate with him.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Would be gutted to lose GPott but the opportunity to manage arguably the biggest club in the world with a fanbase of hundreds of millions and playing at the Theatre of Dreams in front of 75,000 every other week would be too good to turn down.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Like contingency for Ashworth, which meant quickly promoting our 'Loans Manager' (Which is now Gordon Greer) to 'Deputy Technical Director' when the Newcastle talks started and now 'Acting Technical Director' all within 6 months?

Well, yes, actually. That is how contingency plans work. When one person was being targeted they ensured another was in a position to step up and assume that role, whilst also ensuring there was a candidate in place to replace them in turn. I think it was handled rather well.

He'd probably have a budget a bit better than 5 lowest wages in the division to attract better players to be fair ....

I don't think that's true any more, I can't believe we're in the lowest 5 wage budgets in the league.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Surely this in part depends on where we finish this season. Can’t see United going for Potter if we end the season 15th/16th. Top 10 would be seen as a big achievement by us and so clubs will come sniffing.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Poyet also said we had reached the ceiling a few years ago. He talks bollocks and is irrelevant

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Would be gutted to lose GPott but the opportunity to manage arguably the biggest club in the world with a fanbase of hundreds of millions and playing at the Theatre of Dreams in front of 75,000 every other week would be too good to turn down.

I know this is a Crodo post - but its very true, I think.

He really wouldn't turn Man Utd down.....

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't think that's true any more, I can't believe we're in the lowest 5 wage budgets in the league.

Most likely it is still the case. Very few in the current squad had much experience from a top 5 league before going to Brighton and those kinds of established players are usually the most expensive.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Although he would never admit it, it must be one of his main irritants that the club has been unable to secure a 1st team ready striker to supplement our possession. Multiple young and upcoming signings and still no progress for 4 seasons must grate with him.

Haven’t we signed one of the strikers with the leading number of goal involvements in Europe?

That aside, of course potter would go to Man U. They are a massive club. He might not get another chance. Good luck to him.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Would be gutted to lose GPott but the opportunity to manage arguably the biggest club in the world with a fanbase of hundreds of millions that live Sussex, and playing at the Theatre of Dreams in front of 75,000 every other week would be too good to turn down.

Corrected for you!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Indeed, dont think he could turn them down. Similar to how I dont think he could say no to England.

A club like Tottenham is one thing... they are pretending to be a really big club but they are not and never was. Possibly in London but from a wider perspective no one gives a shit about Tottenham. Manchester United is always one of the most prestigous clubs out there, however shit they are.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There was an interesting exchange between Jamie Redknapp and Gary Neville post-Manchester derby about Man Utd's next manager. Redknapp asked Neville why Man Utd didn't get Conte when he was available and Neville - and also Roy Keane - both dismissed Conte as being a '2 season and done' guy.

I think Man Utd's desire for their next manager to stick around for a few years will effectively rule Potter out. Until Brighton get a top half finish he will be viewed as a big risk by the elite clubs.

Poch is exactly what Man Utd need now. A bloke with Prem experience and a track record - up until his Paris stint - of improving players and clubs.

He will leave PSG - Tuchel was fired with a better record than Poch has achieved, and while PSG have romped Ligue 1 that is on the back of Covid-19 making it far harder for his competitors.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
There was an interesting exchange between Jamie Redknapp and Gary Neville post-Manchester derby about Man Utd's next manager. Redknapp asked Neville why Man Utd didn't get Conte when he was available and Neville - and also Roy Keane - both dismissed Conte as being a '2 season and done' guy.

I think Man Utd's desire for their next manager to stick around for a few years will effectively rule Potter out. Until Brighton get a top half finish he will be viewed as a big risk by the elite clubs.

Poch is exactly what Man Utd need now. A bloke with Prem experience and a track record - up until his Paris stint - of improving players and clubs.

He will leave PSG - Tuchel was fired with a better record than Poch has achieved, and while PSG have romped Ligue 1 that is on the back of Covid-19 making it far harder for his competitors.

Tuchel might be available now...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The next Man Utd manager's first job would be to deal with the proliferation of billy big bollocks at the club. Is GP the man to do that? As BNthree points out he does seem to be a fairly sensitive soul and would he cut the mustard is dealing with all those egos? I'm not sure he would. Needs a Roy Keane type character to sort them out as they have descended into being a basketcase club (which I am greatly enjoying watching!!)

Take the shackles off Billy Reid

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I’m confused by all this talk of Potter, Poch, Tuchel as contenders for the likes of Man Utd, PSG or even Spurs.

Surely there is only ONE name on the hit list of all three clubs. And indeed every club everywhere in the entire world.

I mean, The Greatest Manager In The History Of Football is available, for crissakes….

3ada9b0cf09b23b930d93becc986da66.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here