Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter linked to Man United

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Would he go if offered the role ?

Poyet has come out and said he should go...

Potter has done well for us but would be a disaster at Manure.
Too many big egos to control. It needs a big name tough boss. Not many of them around though.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It would probably be too good of a challenge to turn down but I dont see them coming for him atm. They're going to hire (and eventually sack) another "big name". Pochettino most likely.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Stay at a club 'on the up' or leave for a club in rapid decline?

Tough one.

hmm-beard.gif

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Depends on how quickly they want success. If immediate he would be gone in 18months sacked. If given time to rebuild with money at his disposal it would be an attractive proposition. Also he would double his money. Only GP knows what his future holds.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Pochettino is going to get the sack from PSG any day now, and has been a long-term target for United.

WHEN he inevitably fails there too, maybe they will go for someone like Potter. That's if another big club hasn't taken him by then.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Poyet is jealous of GP's beard and especially that he has a better sigh than he ever did.

Absolutely this. These are the important things in football.

I think Potter would only go there - or anywhere else - if he was assured that he would be given enough time. Maybe he would be able to walk in to Man City or Liverpool and keep things at a high level - I really don't know - but he is not an instant solution to somewhere that has problems, like Man Utd

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I mean it's very typical of the current state of Man Utd to look at appointing a manager who's just lost four games in a row...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Like others I think they'll go for Poch but I'm pretty sure GP would take it if offered.

A shame that Rangnick has another 2 years in a consultant / DoF type role for them after this season as he'd be my ideal Potter replacement. I think the two of them would be pretty good together if United are looking to move back to a more youth development model and away from signing Galacticos - though the signing of Ronaldo suggests that would be quite the volte face.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Do well at Brighton and you might finish in the top half.

Do well at United and you'll win the league/europe.

That's before you bring into account he'll probably be quadrupling his salary.

It's a no brainer, if Potter were to get offered the Manchester United job he'll be there in a second and no right minded person could blame him.

Can't see it happening though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I mean it's very typical of the current state of Man Utd to look at appointing a manager who's just lost four games in a row...

So far...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here